PDA

View Full Version : Door / Wing mirrors

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 17:42
What are the point of having these? You can't see bugger all out of them as you can't adjust them. Every car in game has this problem. You should be able to just see the side of your car in them, all I can see is 10ft(may be a slight exaggeration) wider than I need. Can we get this sorted as I actually use these things when racing.

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:33
What are the point of having these? You can't see bugger all out of them as you can't adjust them. Every car in game has this problem. You should be able to just see the side of your car in them, all I can see is 10ft(may be a slight exaggeration) wider than I need. Can we get this sorted as I actually use these things when racing.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I have seat movement mapped to my buttons allowing me to move my seat backward and forward thus enabling me to see the wing mirrors in most cars. I also have look left and right mapped too so I know who's around me.

This may or may not help you, just a thought!

JessicaWalter
09-06-2015, 18:39
yeah, after weeks of figuring out what i use and what i dont, i found 4 buttons i could remove to add seat forward/back/up/down. i actually use them more than i thought i would

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:40
I do look left and right. I can't adjust seat as I do not have enough buttons on my controller.

JessicaWalter
09-06-2015, 18:42
i got rid of change hud, change view, lap times, and handbrake

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:45
I do look left and right. I can't adjust seat as I do not have enough buttons on my controller.

Yes, with the many options normally associated with a PC sim, it does make it difficult to map your buttons. It might be worth re-evaluating what you have mapped and what you feel to be necessary.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:46
I'll play around with what I have selected and remap some things, I need change view for online so I can get in at view

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:47

I too knocked out handbrake and several other factory mappings to make way for seat fw/bw/up/dwn. Using a T300 has it's difficulties too, just like controller users.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:48
When the wheel turns up it will be easier to map seat movement as it has more buttons I think.

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:50
I'll play around with what I have selected and remap some things, I need change view for online so I can get in at view

I am nearly at the point of removing Camera view mapping as only drive cockpit, however I have had the unfortunate collision where my bonnet has blocked the view. Realistic...yes but damned infuriating!

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:52
When the wheel turns up it will be easier to map seat movement as it has more buttons I think.

Excited then Pirategenius? Wheel is so much better but then you need a rig to put it on! More expense! On the positive side, I'm sure you will enjoy the game even more!

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:53
Feel like a right numpty now. Just remapped a few things and I can now move the seat and use the mirrors.

Cheers peeps for that.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:54
It will be good to get a rig again. The Ex misses kept the last one.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:56
Just moved the seat forward and back yet there is no change in the reflection angle. So they are still useless

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 18:57
It will be good to get a rig again. The Ex misses kept the last one.

Hmm... harsh!
I have a really poorly made cheap one, but have just bought a Gameracer rig, can't wait to pick it up this week. My wife does not yet know so we will see how it pans out :friendly_wink:

Pleased the mappings worked for you !! Oops a little too early on my reply!! Shame.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:59
Got the Omega GT on order. Will get the seat for it after vacation

BistoKid
09-06-2015, 19:05
Got the Omega GT on order. Will get the seat for it after vacation

Nice, a little beyond my reach... enjoy!

flymar
09-06-2015, 19:07
Just moved the seat forward and back yet there is no change in the reflection angle. So they are still useless No you will not get the side of the car in mirrors. Cockpit view uses such high poly models that the back of the car is modelled very roughly. Besides it's not real reflection anyway.

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 19:10
thanks for that. I'll just have to stop using them and use the force instead

Slicker_VR
09-06-2015, 22:55
I am nearly at the point of removing Camera view mapping as only drive cockpit, however I have had the unfortunate collision where my bonnet has blocked the view. Realistic...yes but damned infuriating!

i have also had a problem where the game puts me in bumper cam when racing online (even when room is locked to cockpit view) so i don't risk unmapping the camera view button

BistoKid
10-06-2015, 05:54
i have also had a problem where the game puts me in bumper cam when racing online (even when room is locked to cockpit view) so i don't risk unmapping the camera view button

Interesting, not happened to me thus far but a worthy note. Thanks Slicker!

chig88
10-06-2015, 11:14

How do you get rid of handbrake? I thought it was a mandatory button?

MXR SMILER
10-06-2015, 11:17
Perhaps widening FOV might help?

Zenzic
10-06-2015, 13:31
How do you get rid of handbrake? I thought it was a mandatory button?

Press the options button after assigning to your liking, select "options and help" and press circle to be taken back to the main menu.