PDA

View Full Version : PS4 controller fix for next update?

Mr_Sinister42
09-06-2015, 17:57
I'd like to know if there will be fixes for using the PS4 controller to play Project CARS? Sometimes, I find the formula cars, the Audi R8, and the Lykan Hypersport hard to drive because they go fishtailing around and they are "drifty" with two slight touches of the analog stick from left to right. I have my steering sensitivity set at 0 also. Not everyone can afford a steering wheel for racing games you know!

-Mr_Sinister42:cool:

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 18:25
You have to drive carefully with them cars. I'm on PS4 pad too, you have to be gentle with triggers and sticks

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 18:28
Lets also mention random shifts, cars steering in random directions, and random throttle application. There needs to be a fix for PS4 controllers.

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 18:30
Lets also mention random shifts, cars steering in random directions, and random throttle application. There needs to be a fix for PS4 controllers.

Your pad must be broken

Pirategenius
09-06-2015, 18:34
There's no problem with any of my 3 controllers. Has to be you or you have a broken controller/s

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 18:35
Your pad must be broken

I am not the only person that has said this. I have seen other people say they are getting random shifts. So quick to blame something other than the game.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25627-PS4-controller-issue&highlight=skipping+gears

There are two people in there saying they are having controller issues.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27685-Gear-shift-problems-using-controller&highlight=controller+shifting

Another thread with people discussing it.

Puhlease... My controller is broken :rolleyes:

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 18:42
There's no problem with any of my 3 controllers. Has to be you or you have a broken controller/s

This is not true. Did you just make that up the the problem HAS to be the players controllers? Just because you havent had an issue doesnt mean they are imagined. Jesus Christ. I dont understand you people. Just go to the known problems thread and look. There are many threads with controller problems, and I am sure there are plenty that havent been confirmed or arent able to be replicated.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!

And on topic. The OP may just not have the ability to drive, but I have seen a lot of people comlaining about the steering in this game so I dont know.

Mr_Sinister42
09-06-2015, 21:15
Really, there is nothing wrong with my PS4 controller (I keep my stuff in pristine condition!). The faulty steering and handling physics are still reminiscent from Shift 2: Unleashed's crappy physics engine. If only SMS and the community could implement a Gran Turismo-style handling physics. GT's handling is the most stable I know in a racing game for controllers. Hopefully we see some positive changes for Project CARS's steering in the coming months.

-Mr_Sinister42

Mr_Sinister42
09-06-2015, 21:17
You have to drive carefully with them cars. I'm on PS4 pad too, you have to be gentle with triggers and sticks

Try that with the Lykan Hypersport + medium or heavy rain. Then you'll complain like me :)

-Mr_Sinister42

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 21:19
That's to be expected in the rain

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 21:28

I think this dude is running into a skill problem and not a controller or glitch problem. Just based on his post history. Not gonna lie.

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 23:34
Yeah his issues might be due to his lack of ability to control the car, but the examples I showed are true problems with the game. They are not related to a "broken pad".

Mr_Sinister42
10-06-2015, 10:38

So if I were to drive carefully and slowly in the rain due to crappy physics and the AI drives through the track like as if it was completely dry (regardless of difficulty), you're telling me it's because my controller is broken and also because of my lack of skill? Check again. The steering and controller problem is definitely from the game, not the gamepad itself, no matter how hard we gamepad users try to keep the steering and physics in balance.

Rambo_Commando
10-06-2015, 14:54
I only race with my DS4. I had some problems but those have long been fixed. Mind you I was tinkering with the controls in free practice for 3 hours until the settings were just right. If you use a pad then your best friends are throttle sensitivity, throttle dead zone, steering sensitivity, steering dead zone and speed sensitivity. I also use R3 for throttle/brake.

Start with default setting 3, drive some laps then adjust only one parameter at a time. Speed sensitivity should be the last thing you adjust. Hopefully this helps.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 16:41
So if I were to drive carefully and slowly in the rain due to crappy physics and the AI drives through the track like as if it was completely dry (regardless of difficulty), you're telling me it's because my controller is broken and also because of my lack of skill? Check again. The steering and controller problem is definitely from the game, not the gamepad itself, no matter how hard we gamepad users try to keep the steering and physics in balance.

While yes this game has many many many problems; the game is playable with a controller. When I was about to buy this game I kept hearing people talk about how bad the sensitivity is. As if it came straight from the guys who made NFS Shift and didn't learn any lessons.

I bought the game anyway and they were right about the sensitivity. While the steering the controls are terrible and are still terrible once you drop the sensitivity the game is playable. But everyone that said the game was unplayable (except the dudes on Xbox1) were wrong. I started laughing and making jokes about all the people saying it is unplayable on PS4. It is bad, but unplayable isn't the word to use.

The AI being ridiculously fast in the rain is a combination of you not being able to keep up and that they were not developed properly before the game came out. Another thing that shocks me when people claim SMS tested it before it came out. The AI doesn't behave normally in wet weather.