PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN DOWNSHIFT ISSUE] Fanatec GT3 RS V2 issues

bobfromaccounting
09-06-2015, 22:04
Im having a problem with my wheel and wondering if there are other Fanatec users having this.

When i am down shifting using the paddles on the wheel it will kick me all the way down to 1st no matter what gear i am in, and it does this randomly and only on downshifts.

To explain better, i would be going into a corner in 6th gear click once to downshift into 5th and it throws it in 1st.

I want to see if anyone else has this before i contact Fanatec.

kevinbuchholz
09-06-2015, 22:07
I believe that is included in the upcoming Patch 1.4

Shaun1984
09-06-2015, 22:26
I use a CSW v2 with BMW wheel and mine is opposite, going down a straight from 3rd to 4th it will downshift to first and blow the engine haha. Will only do it once in an hour or 2 of gameplay though

pk4ever
09-06-2015, 22:30
Seems to be a bug becoming more common by the day here.
I'm using Logitech DFGT and it was 100% fine last night, today the game is just unplayable because of issues both on upshifts (4th>1st) and downshifts (5th>1st)...

bobfromaccounting
09-06-2015, 23:19
Ok, not that it is good, but it is good to see it with more people. Shows that it isn't just mine.

Looks like I'm not playing anymore till the new patch comes out. Because right now, it is making the game unplayable for me. It happens 2 to 3 times a lap and it spins me every time.

Mahjik
10-06-2015, 15:30
Just to clarify, SMS has said they will be adding in a safety guard in the shifting mechanism for controllers that continue to send inputs rapidly. However, there is no timeline on if this will make it into the 1.4 patch or a later patch.

HBR-Roadhog
10-06-2015, 15:50
I have yet to see the issue when using my CSR Elite wheel have only gotten a double shift with it once and never skipped a gear.
I had my Turbo S hooked up for a little while and saw the issue above once in my first race with it. Was in 6th and when I tried to downshift it jumped to first and spun out. The Turbo S is more prone to double shifting than the Elite as I would imagine is the GT3 and GT2 wheels but that was the only time I have ever saw a jump of more than 1 extra gear with any wheel. I only used the Turbo S in 3 or 4 races then went back to the Elite.

bobfromaccounting
11-06-2015, 06:50
To throw this out there just for informations sake. I switch my shifter to the sequential shifter and the problem went away. So it is only happening with the paddle shifters. And to get rid of any other assumptions. The wheel is practically new, received it a week before PCARS was released.

pk4ever
11-06-2015, 11:48
Same here - on my DFGT it worked fine with sequential shifts last time I tried it, but then I don't like the fixed position the stick is (in relation to the wheel) so never use it that much.

The strange thing is that I can understand if it was a problem going only down or only up on the gears - but I'm doing paddle up and it goes from 4th to 1st, which doesn't make any sense - so it can't be just down to the wheel sending multiple (up) input signals in bursts. The game is getting things badly mixed up somewhere.

bmanic
11-06-2015, 12:17
Try resetting the controller preferences and remapping everything? Sounds like a nasty bug.. Luckily I have not experienced this yet. Is it worse on some cars than others?

Jubis
11-06-2015, 19:09
Same bug happened just to Jan Magnussen at Le Mans in corvette IRL. His corvette downshifts by itself in middle of porsche corner and spins to wall. :)

HBR-Roadhog
11-06-2015, 19:26
In the case of the GT3, Turbo S and maybe the GT2 I think it is both a bug and the paddle shifters. I found that when I used the Turbo S that if I was not quick and firm using the paddles that it would shift two gears at once and this happened in both GT and Forza and then in PCars it jumped to first under what I presume was the same condition that causes double shifting in other games. My Brother has the GT2 and the larger paddles attached and has not had this issue. The elite wheel has larger paddles with more range of motion so i have not experienced the issue with it and rarely do I ever get double shifts in other games, only when I very gently and slowly shift and release do I ever get a double shift but on the Turbo S I got it on the first lap of the first race 6th>1st> smash into railing.

After this happened the one time I was more careful shifting with very quick and firm paddle shifts and did not happen again in the 3 or 4 races I ran before going back to the Elite so for those who are having this issue try using the paddles very quickly, press and release in one quick motion and it may not happen or at least not nearly as often.

pk4ever
11-06-2015, 20:33
Try resetting the controller preferences and remapping everything? Sounds like a nasty bug.. Luckily I have not experienced this yet. Is it worse on some cars than others?

Already tried that. Driving mainly GT3s and LMP1s. Might have to consider driving with auto-gears at this rate, which sucks.

Liquid_Drummer
11-06-2015, 21:38
So that is why the random engine blow ups !!! Dang it boss !

bobfromaccounting
12-06-2015, 18:34
Well downloaded the 1.4 patch, went to the Wisconsin Perspective event, second corner 5th -> 1st with one click........really disheartening. I just bums me out because it is hurting the enjoyment of this game.

Plus last time i checked is was in the Top 50 in that Wisconsin event using the sequential shifter and i know I'm a little bit faster with the paddle shifters.

pk4ever
13-06-2015, 20:31
Same here, was hoping something would be done about this but quickly noticed it wasn't mentioned on changelog - guess will have to wait longer for this fix.

pk4ever
30-06-2015, 22:37
Well, seems 2.0 is with us and one of the things it was supposed to fix was:

* Adjustments made to the gears system, to prevent gears being skipped under certain conditions. This addresses an issue where gears would at times jump straight down to 1st, potentially causing engine blowouts.

Don't know about you guys but I just tried it and it's just as bad, if not worse (more often) than before... seriously disappointed. Skipping gears everywhere now, 3-5, 4-6, 5-1, 3-N... but hey, at least the engine doesn't blow itself to bit anymore! Hurray! (not)

Chappy01
01-07-2015, 09:08
Still having the same issue with G27. Only happens with the paddles and sequential gearbox, interestingly there are now times when the shift will not happen at all, like the button press is not registering at all. This did not happen prior to Patch 2.0.

morgan82
01-07-2015, 11:03
I had this issue too just after the game was released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49T0KoGaNTI

However, I took the wheel off my G27 and gave it all a clean and everything seemed fine for a while. I have just had to reinstall windows 8 and with that, pCars too. I now have the issue again. Just tried after the update, still got the problem but if you press the paddle fully in and release slower I was not having that problem.

It needs some sort of de-bounce option that iRacing and Assetto Corsa have to stop this type of thing happening. Had the same happen in both of them but adjust the de-bounce and it's fine.