PDA

View Full Version : Solution to 'Access Violation Error'

Cialfi
09-06-2015, 22:16
I had a bunch of problems with the game, but still lot of fun. After a lot of research and crying in my Racing Seat I think I found a solution for many of you. Couple of hours after the fix have gone by on track (I didnīt want to post it without testing) without any of the past problems I experiencedd before.
The usual access violation error is gone (I believe that it came due to NVIDIA-Driver-Crashdown "nvidia driver stopped responding and has recovered") and the game is running stable, even with OC on the GPU.
I donīt want to talk for too long... here is my solution I found:

Cause

-The GPU is taking more time than permitted to display graphics to your monitor

Solution

-Let me fix it myself
Exit all Windows based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows
Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

I found the solution on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Please let me know if it worked for you guys. I hope it does and we meet for a battle on track :cool:
For the guys who go for OC pls try that, too. My OC is not causing crashes anymore.

Bye guys

P.S.: Pls follow the instructions given on the link and in this post. Donīt raise the number to xxx, cause itīs a fix in the registry and this can cause big havoc if you try something experimental.
Excuse my english :rolleyes:

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 22:54
Good find Cialfi ... but it would be better if you renamed the title to something like....A Solution to the 'Access Violation Error' so it's easier for people to relate to.

And you English is perfect my friend.

Morgan Henstridge
09-06-2015, 23:02
Awesome, I will give this a go tonight.

I get about 1 of these a week. reboot and the PC is fine again for days.

This has been holding me back from attempting the 24 hour race, so if this gets it sorted, that would be great :)

Cialfi
09-06-2015, 23:24
Thanks and I will rename the thread.
I canīt promise that it works for all but if it works for one other racer the searching was worth it.

I should say that Iīm gone to run pCars in windowed mode due to some minimizing problems. Maybe it has a relation to solving the problem.

Does anyone know a trick to run the sim in windowed mode but get rid of the borders? I tried some programs like borderless gaming but no one of them worked properly.

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 23:33
No I'm afraid you can't get a borderless window in pCARS.

Cialfi
10-06-2015, 00:05
It worked one time with the app shift window. Donīt know why it worked one time and then it never worked again :rolleyes:

Cialfi
10-06-2015, 12:05
Is anyone already able to give feedback on my solution? :)

slavia71
10-06-2015, 12:44
Is anyone already able to give feedback on my solution? :)

Sorry to say, it did not work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!