PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see what an IRacing license format for online

USABimmer
09-06-2015, 22:21
I think this would allow for a more enjoyable experience and can narrow the level of people who we compete against. And give multiplayer a factor of progress.

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 22:26
As someone who only plays on consoles, how does iracing do their online format?

ciderman9000000
09-06-2015, 22:32
I'd certainly like to see online mode be made more substantial and meaningful.

Wayfastwhitey26
09-06-2015, 22:54
I-racing has a d-c-b-a license...u start in Lesser cars and work your way through the ranks. Clean driving is the priority to being promoted, not mecessarily winning. Its an ok system, but
Prolly a lil hardcore for proj cars. I'll stick with private lobbies and joining good leagues.

USABimmer
09-06-2015, 23:13
I-racing has a d-c-b-a license...u start in Lesser cars and work your way through the ranks. Clean driving is the priority to being promoted, not mecessarily winning. Its an ok system, but
Prolly a lil hardcore for proj cars. I'll stick with private lobbies and joining good leagues.

speaking of good leagues do you know any ?

Martini Da Gasalini
09-06-2015, 23:16
www.vrroom.org
westernracingcom.proboards.com

off the top of my head

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 23:32
I-racing has a d-c-b-a license...u start in Lesser cars and work your way through the ranks. Clean driving is the priority to being promoted, not necessarily winning.

Thanks for the quick explanation.

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 23:48

Try these.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

oscarolim
10-06-2015, 00:26
That actually sounds like a cool system. I reckon you go up based on clean races right?

ROABS
10-06-2015, 01:04
That actually sounds like a cool system. I reckon you go up based on clean races right?

clean races is the goal of the licensing system in iracing. its based on corners per incident. it would help weed out the wreckers online, but may be a bit too strict for general online racers.

USABimmer
10-06-2015, 01:21
www.vrroom.org
westernracingcom.proboards.com

off the top of my head

thank you mate

OperatorWay
10-06-2015, 04:29
It's often difficult enough already to get even half-full lobbies. Narrowing down the candidates by segregating people into groups/levels would just mean even fewer people to match up with & fewer races.

OperatorWay
10-06-2015, 04:30

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124

USABimmer
10-06-2015, 05:09
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124

Thank you mate I checked out VRroom but was for PS4 only

N0body Of The Goat
10-06-2015, 06:07
I would be happy with a rank system based on the ELO chess rankings, with something to take account of racers who are involved in incidents and those who quit races early when their car is not terminally damaged.

Basically, a slightly more complex version of what Microsoft Gaming Zone uses.

Alan Dallas
10-06-2015, 06:15
Awww hell no! No Licensing system in PCARS! Not like iRacings, nope, its why I left after a week. Wreckers can still lower your safety rating even when you are not at fault.

Join a league and stay away from pub races if you want clean racing. SMS Devs have better things to code than some half-cooked rating system.

Wolkenwolf
10-06-2015, 06:33
I dont want to join a league. Thats to timeconsuming, also a private group for fundriving means deadlines and calendar.
I just want to join a server, look for a track and car, meet some nice people and drive or host myself something i like.
Like its now, thats not possible because to much brainless, selfish people are on track. In every shooter the community is nicer to each other.
So, yes, "some" sort of license for open servers is needed. I've seen enough online bullshit since GTR1. Its 2015, come on, there has to be a system to avoid this wreckfest!