PDA

View Full Version : Replay system

sergiumtz
10-06-2015, 00:22
Must be improved. Looks bad. Love the game and etc, but I love my replays, love watching them, trying to find improvements after the races. And while the replay system is doing its job, it looks so 2005'ish. Surely it can be better?

s1yfa
10-06-2015, 00:26
Criticism is only useful when its constructive. What can make replays better? Its no good complaining, hoping someone will guess what you expect!

Personally I do agree replays could be made more useful too. I would like to see telemetry so I can see what needs improving tune wise.

Schnizz58
10-06-2015, 00:31
Criticism is only useful when its constructive. What can make replays better? Its no good complaining, hoping someone will guess what you expect!
+1

I would like to see telemetry so I can see what needs improving tune wise.
This was a huge oversight in Forza 5 and I thought SMS would have learned from T10's mistake. I'm pretty sure it's already on "the list" for a future release. At least I hope so.

TheReaper GT
10-06-2015, 00:35
Telemetry would be great, I agree. I would love to have a free cam or a Photo Mode link in the replay mode.

sergiumtz
10-06-2015, 00:52
Telemetry
Free cam
Photo mode

I get it, last 2 are not EXTREMLY important, but would be great additions to the game and I don't think it would be too hard to get it done.

Sorry for not being clear with what I wanted to say.

STEELJOCKEY
10-06-2015, 05:44
I miss the telemetry from FM4, very disappointed when FM5 didn't have it in replays.

I would have thought a 'real sim' would have had. Real race teams have recorded telemetry to replay and look back over, and probably video too if they fit up a camera (ie gopro or such).

Maybe this is in the pipeline after the patches gave come through. Would be a great benefit for tuning, closer to SIMulating real racing.

s1yfa
10-06-2015, 09:03
The issue I see with telemetry though is the tyre model is not loaded in the replay, as I don't think there is enough processing power to do so. I fear this may be the same for FM5, heck they even run replays at 30fps probably for the same reason.

I hope as time goes by devs figure out how to do it, but could be a while away.

Photomode in replays would be great, just to capture some awesome passes if nothing else, but on xbox at least, the photomode needs attention as there is such a huge restriction to camera positioning.