PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for the dw12 and the indy track but not PROMISED on when?

CCM
10-06-2015, 01:31
As me and many others only bought this game for the indy car and ovals cause of your false advertisement a year ago saying it would be at launch. A update would be nice cause right now your just telling me to be patient it will come but that is just telling me what you think I want to hear. What your company did is said one thing and did another. That is either to get sales knowing that either the wii version or the indy car would be brought to the game by telling customers it would happen at the time of the race. I fill bad for the Wii players after they invested in your game and then told other wise when the game came out. To me that is a lie and false advertisement.

blacknred81
10-06-2015, 01:34
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Slightly Mad Studios is very excited to announce a major new addition to Project CARS as the world-renowned Indianapolis 500 Mile Race will be featured in the WMD-powered racing title.

First held in 1911, the Indianapolis 500 is the world’s longest-running motor race and “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.” Each year, 33 drivers compete for their place in victory lane, racing 200 laps in high-powered open wheelers.

The Indy 500 is one of racing’s marquee events, watched by a worldwide television audience with some 300,000 spectators trackside, making the Indianapolis 500 the largest single-day spectator sporting event in the world.

The cornerstone of each Verizon IndyCar Series season, the Indianapolis 500 takes place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Commonly known as the “Brickyard,” the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a 2.5-mile superspeedway that offers both the oval configuration used for the Indianapolis 500, as well as the newly reconfigured road course used for the Verizon IndyCar Series Grand Prix of Indianapolis.

Players will be able to experience the thrill of driving a 700hp open-wheeler inside the world’s most famous oval as Project CARS will feature a true to life virtual version of the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway venue. Aside from offering an exciting place for action-packed multiplayer races and quick race events, the Indy 500 will also become a integral part of Project CARS’ career mode.

To go along with the track, players will be given access to all cars and drivers of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season, featuring the series’ Dallara-built DW12 open wheeler. Powered by 2.2l V6 turbo-charged engines from different manufacturers, the DW12 is used by all IndyCar teams in various configurations for both oval and road-racing.

As Project CARS strives to provide the most authentic racing experience possible, all aspects of modern American open wheel racing will be accurately featured within the game, including asymmetrical setups, the IndyCar Series’ push to pass feature as well as proper oval racing rules.

Project CARS will be coming to the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, WiiU & PC, starting November 2014.
Please tell me where in that article that said that they will be in the game at launch? Because all I get from this article is that they will be in the game at some point, not at launch.....

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 01:36
The car and track list for the release version was published before the game released, not sure what your complaining about.

JimStick1
10-06-2015, 01:41
No where does anything specifically say this content would be available upon the games release.

CCM
10-06-2015, 01:45
My complaint is lack of communication on the car and the oval tracks. I mean can we add anymore road cars as it is ( Sarcastic remark)? This entire game is a road car game with tons of road cars. When the market is oval cars and oval tracks weather you like it or not but it's a fact and you will see that once they come out. Im just frustrated hearing it will come be patient bs. The post was 2014 a entire year went by and not a single dw12 or oval track on launch. As in your post about when they said that, yes it don't say the exact date but that was year ago i mean really? Just some kind of work on the car and tracks is all i ask.

TenthDan
10-06-2015, 01:53
My complaint is lack of communication on the car and the oval tracks. I mean can we add anymore road cars as it is ( Sarcastic remark)? This entire game is a road car game with tons of road cars. When the market is oval cars and oval tracks weather you like it or not but it's a fact and you will see that once they come out. Im just frustrated hearing it will come be patient bs. The post was 2014 a entire year went by and not a single dw12 or oval track on launch. As in your post about when they said that, yes it don't say the exact date but that was year ago i mean really? Just some kind of work on the car and tracks is all i ask.

Please post the evidence first before we continue.

XxxMrAssassinxxX
10-06-2015, 02:19
It will come within the next few months, calm down man, plus there's A LOT of racecars in this game... It's not just road cars

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 02:24

Mostly race cars man,not road.I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything but the market is not oval cars and oval tracks at all.The market for this game is Touring,LMP1&2 and open wheel and 1 million sales will disagree with any argument that you put forward.If the market was oval every oval would be in the game and there would be very little from over here but the tracks are Europe heavy, that should tell you what racing discipline's fans the developers are mainly aiming for.

You're begining to sound like a child stamping his foot and having a tantrum dude, which is a shame because we chatted in another thread and you know your racing.I am dying for Indycars, Indy and whatever tracks we get with it (hopefully Long Beach and Barber hint hint) it's one of my favorite series. But the fact is you can literally go to SMS office's and burn them down and it would make no difference whatsoever, if it's not ready then it's not ready we just have to accept it bud.

Aldo Zampatti
10-06-2015, 02:51
Chill guys ;)
Project CARS is a game for everyone, and the idea is for everyone to enjoy.
I'm 99.9999999% that Ovals and Indy where always due to be released as DLC.

Rambo_Commando
10-06-2015, 03:03
As me and many others only bought this game for the indy car and ovals cause of your false advertisement a year ago saying it would be at launch. A update would be nice cause right now your just telling me to be patient it will come but that is just telling me what you think I want to hear. What your company did is said one thing and did another. That is either to get sales knowing that either the wii version or the indy car would be brought to the game by telling customers it would happen at the time of the race. I fill bad for the Wii players after they invested in your game and then told other wise when the game came out. To me that is a lie and false advertisement.

Whoah...did you just sit on you shift stick or something? There are plenty of tracks with only 6-8 corners for the time being. You can take out a Formula C and pretend it's an Indy Lights car.

CCM
10-06-2015, 03:15
Mostly race cars man,not road.I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything but the market is not oval cars and oval tracks at all.The market for this game is Touring,LMP1&2 and open wheel and 1 million sales will disagree with any argument that you put forward.If the market was oval every oval would be in the game and there would be very little from over here but the tracks are Europe heavy, that should tell you what racing discipline's fans the developers are mainly aiming for.

You're begining to sound like a child stamping his foot and having a tantrum dude, which is a shame because we chatted in another thread and you know your racing.I am dying for Indycars, Indy and whatever tracks we get with it (hopefully Long Beach and Barber hint hint) it's one of my favorite series. But the fact is you can literally go to SMS office's and burn them down and it would make no difference whatsoever, if it's not ready then it's not ready we just have to accept it bud.

I respect what your saying and a large part of that million sales is cause of the graphics and physics of this game. We will never know what would of been if ovals was put in the game at launch but i know it would of been way more then a million sales.
So you admit this game is based off Europe type of racing and not american meaning oval. I don't know the numbers but I would think the states can turn out better numbers then Europe. I have to disagree that you think road courses favor more drivers then oval. Look at iracing the number 1 sim racing game around even though I hate it. Ovals dominate that game and do you see f1 races and indy races dominate the airways here in the states as they do in Europe? Its a fact oval racing is much more popular in the states then it is in Europe. They made a game for Europe not for worldwide game play. If they did it would of had ovals. As mentioned before in other threads there are some drivers that only bought this game for the indy car and ovals. You think a million sales is high now you watch when ovals and indy cars come into this game and so how fast the sales go up from there.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 03:25
I respect what your saying and a large part of that million sales is cause of the graphics and physics of this game. We will never know what would of been if ovals was put in the game at launch but i know it would of been way more then a million sales.
So you admit this game is based off Europe type of racing and not american meaning oval. I don't know the numbers but I would think the states can turn out better numbers then Europe. I have to disagree that you think road courses favor more drivers then oval. Look at iracing the number 1 sim racing game around even though I hate it. Ovals dominate that game and do you see f1 races and indy races dominate the airways here in the states as they do in Europe? Its a fact oval racing is much more popular in the states then it is in Europe. They made a game for Europe not for worldwide game play. If they did it would of had ovals. As mentioned before in other threads there are some drivers that only bought this game for the indy car and ovals. You think a million sales is high now you watch when ovals and indy cars come into this game and so how fast the sales go up from there.

Not sure how you want to back up you iRacing being the number one sim. They have what 55,000 members? we sold about 3 x more copies than that on PC in less than a month.

CCM
10-06-2015, 03:33
Not sure how you want to back up you iRacing being the number one sim. They have what 55,000 members? we sold about 3 x more copies than that on PC in less than a month.

Any sim game site will tel you iracing is the top sim game out there. Trust me I hope project cars takes them out I would not want anything more. That is 55k paying customers paying $12 a month for a membership so do the math. I also don't know the numbers of players who just bought the game in hope for ovals and stated on a few threads and as i have done as well. The main reason for the post if I would like some sort of a update that's all. Im not some ass that bitches about something i pretty much keep to my self but it's just frustrating playing the waiting game when you don't get any updates. But fill free to google top sim racing games and im sure you will find your answer and im talking pc only.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/pc-games/1403006/best-pc-sim-racing-games-2015-project-cars-and-more

Project cars is not even in the top 3 on that site alone.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-of-the-most-hardcore-racing-simulators-you-can-play-on-pc-right-now/

http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/sim-showdown-fall-2014/

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 03:46

That's why Indy and the Ovals are coming dude....SMS are not a dumb studio, they know the sales will go up when American content comes out because there is a monstrous market over there for everything oval(Nascar,Indycar). That's why I'm not freaking out, I am 100 percent they are working on it. Imagine the money thrown away if they were not I know that, you know that and trust me they know that too after all they are race fans.There is a genuine chance they could become the go to racing game for everybody on this gen leading into next gen on consoles and that is where the serious money is, so they will not forget about all the Nascar and Indy fans over there.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 03:49
American content

What is American content? I didn't know nations have their kind of content. :rolleyes:

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 03:56
What is American content? I didn't know nations have their kind of content. :rolleyes:

This made me laugh, stirring bastard lol.

CCM
10-06-2015, 04:08
That's why Indy and the Ovals are coming dude....SMS are not a dumb studio, they know the sales will go up when American content comes out because there is a monstrous market over there for everything oval(Nascar,Indycar). That's why I'm not freaking out, I am 100 percent they are working on it. Imagine the money thrown away if they were not I know that, you know that and trust me they know that too after all they are race fans.There is a genuine chance they could become the go to racing game for everybody on this gen leading into next gen on consoles and that is where the serious money is, so they will not forget about all the Nascar and Indy fans over there.

Well said and I agree so we wait :sleeping::sleeping:

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 04:08
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/pc-games/1403006/best-pc-sim-racing-games-2015-project-cars-and-more

Project cars is not even in the top 3 on that site alone.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-of-the-most-hardcore-racing-simulators-you-can-play-on-pc-right-now/

http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/sim-showdown-fall-2014/

So, two of those predate pCARS release, one of which is in alphabetical order. The other makes no claim that they are in any order.

One thing I've learned over the last few years is the sim "community"* can't agree on a damn thing.

I'm not saying iRacing is bad, a lot of folks like it, I just couldn't get into it no matter how much I tried.

But really I think your WAY overestimating the demand for ovals. I'm really looking forward to the Indycar and Nascar content.

One of my favorite moments from developments was running a MP superkart race, with the draft effects turned way too far up, around the wip version of Indy.

If oval racing sold games they way you believe they do GT and Forza would be packed with ovals, not just have them as a bit of niche content.

*I use this term very loosely.

/oh, the wip DW12 looks awesome:p

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 04:10
This made me laugh, stirring bastard lol.

What is funny? Would you like to let me know what American content is?

Aldo Zampatti
10-06-2015, 04:14

"American Content" normally refers to NASCAR, INDY, ovals and anything related to that

JDFSSS
10-06-2015, 04:19
This is ridiculous, you can't just demand they release Indy content now. They will release it when the content is ready and at an appropriate time. The car and track list was publicly available before the game came out, so you can't claim they said Indy car would be in the game at launch. Personally, it wouldn't bother me one bit if they just left oval tracks out of the game.

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 04:24

Oh right , just checked you out and you're an American and being a smart ass thought you where joking my bad. Well Indycar isn't raced outside of the American continent and is an American series therefore is the bloody definition of American content.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 05:12
"American Content" normally refers to NASCAR, INDY, ovals and anything related to that

There is already American content in the game if that is the case.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 05:14
Oh right , just checked you out and you're an American and being a smart ass thought you where joking my bad. Well Indycar isn't raced outside of the American continent and is an American series therefore is the bloody definition of American content.

You say when American content comes out. By your definition of american content there is already "american content" in the game. :rolleyes:

CCM
10-06-2015, 05:18
You say when American content comes out. By your definition of american content there is already "american content" in the game. :rolleyes:

You talking about the old stock cars? That is like loaning you a car and telling you that you have to drive it for a year before you get the Lambo :).

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 05:26
You talking about the old stock cars? That is like loaning you a car and telling you that you have to drive it for a year before you get the Lambo :).

No I am talking about LEGENDARY American tracks like Watkins Glen, Road America, and Laguna Seca, and tons of Ford cars. Including one of American's most historically significant race cars.

CCM
10-06-2015, 05:31
No I am talking about LEGENDARY American tracks like Watkins Glen, Road America, and Laguna Seca.

Ahh yea true those are tracks out there but I think you know what he really meant. Ovals dominate the states and those road course don't get run but 2 times a year in NASCAR maybe 3 times. I think Indy runs more oval in the states then they do inroad could be wrong. Back in the early 90's indy cars was the dominate car at the time cause they raced mainly on ovals.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 05:34
Ahh yea true those are tracks out there but I think you know what he really meant. Ovals dominate the states and those road course don't get run but 2 times a year in NASCAR maybe 3 times. I think Indy runs more oval in the states then they do inroad could be wrong. Back in the early 90's indy cars was the dominate car at the time cause they raced mainly on ovals.

Indycar runs 6 ovals out of 17 races this year. Its mostly road/street courses. Has been for a few years now.

blacknred81
10-06-2015, 05:40

5, the Cup guys run Sonoma and the Glen, the Xfinity Series added Mid Ohio and Road America, and the Trucks run Mosport

CCM
10-06-2015, 05:43
Ahh ok well thanks for the info.

ykiki
10-06-2015, 05:48
I remember those days well. What made CART/Indy Car strong was their mix of 1/3 oval, 1/3 road, 1/3 temp circuits. Champions needed the ability to adapt to all kinds of circuits. That being said, I'm enjoying what the game has to offer and will be ready when the DW12 appears.

CCM
10-06-2015, 05:50
Yea ill just have to be patient.

Alan Dallas
10-06-2015, 05:59
I'm looking at screenshots of the WIP DW12 and Indianapolis on the WMD member site right now. Man they look sweeeeet!

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 06:02
There is a difference between obtaining a license and being able to work on the content. Licensing takes an uncertain amount of time and hence is started early in the project and irrespective of whether people can already work on the content. Furthermore, when the project progresses there are shifting priorities and timing/financial constraints to deal with, so choices will have to be made. In this case, your favourite series was pushed to post-release. Unfortunate but necessary, and as has been explained above already, no promises were made when it would be in the game.
Several oval tracks were already in the dev builds in more or less advanced states, and IIRC data for the DW12 is already available so it's not that work still hasn't started :)

Alan Dallas
10-06-2015, 06:05

Actually the last few years of IndyCar has 16 races in the schedule. Only 6 of them are on Ovals(Including that square one on Indianapolis).

Edit: I miscounted, 4 of the rounds on the schedule are all at Indy, 2 of which are practice rounds for the 500.

CCM
10-06-2015, 06:10
I'm looking at screenshots of the WIP DW12 and Indianapolis on the WMD member site right now. Man they look sweeeeet!

lol torture. Such a tease.

Alan Dallas
10-06-2015, 06:21
lol torture. Such a tease.

True, but whats even more torturous is seeing them and not being able to use them. It's like being tied to a chair and someone brings you a Beer and sets it on the table in front of you and she says if you're a good boy you can have it... oooh wait, I think i just over shared.

Rambo_Commando
10-06-2015, 07:17

CART/Indycar series raced in Australia, Japan, Mexico...ALSO.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 07:20

There was a planned race in dubai this year, but it fell through unfortunately.

CCM
10-06-2015, 07:46
There was a planned race in dubai this year, but it fell through unfortunately.

Those are all roads I don't think they race any ovals outside the US? Ya seeing something you can't touch has to suck more so when its right in front of you. Kinda like i fill when I see a lambo and I really hate the guy that is driving it cause it just not fair :(.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 07:48
Those are all roads I don't think they race any ovals outside the US?

They raced at Twin Ring Motegi in Japan which is an oval.

wedge_a
10-06-2015, 07:50

I feel you need to broaden your mind. You are behaving in a very inward looking and nationalistic manner. When you state 'this is not a game for worldwide play, it's only for europe', it comes across as pretty silly. The USA is pretty much the only nation that prefers oval racing as far as I know.

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 07:53
I feel you need to broaden your mind. You are behaving in a very inward looking and nationalistic manner. When you state 'this is not a game for worldwide play, it's only for europe', it comes across as pretty silly. The USA is pretty much the only nation that prefers oval racing as far as I know.

You say he should broaden his mind then you stereotype a whole nation as preferring oval racing.

http://withoutsushi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nathan-fillion-well-nevermind1.gif

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 07:56
Those are all roads I don't think they race any ovals outside the US? Ya seeing something you can't touch has to suck more so when its right in front of you. Kinda like i fill when I see a lambo and I really hate the guy that is driving it cause it just not fair :(.

They raced at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz for a while. Thats were alex zanardi nearly died.

CCM
10-06-2015, 08:07
You say he should broaden his mind then you stereotype a whole nation as preferring oval racing.

http://withoutsushi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nathan-fillion-well-nevermind1.gif

Had to laugh that was a funny Gif. I always hated Twin Motegi the first turn in the Indy car on iracing was the only oval had to break on cause of the push or let off way early to coast in then back to the gas coming out. I would love to see the combined series here road/oval but at this point I would take any oval.

Mythbusters Racing
10-06-2015, 08:49
There's the Formula Gulf car, that's similar right?
I was disappointed with no oval tracks as well though.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 08:54
There's the Formula Gulf car, that's similar right?
I was disappointed with no oval tracks as well though.

Formula gulf is somewhere around the usf2000 or star mazda. About 2 or three steeps down from an indycar. Formula b is probably the closest thing we have right now.

chig88
10-06-2015, 10:07
We've already got F1 cars, why would you even want Indy cars?

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 10:11
I have to say I love me a bit of Oval racing. It's all about strategy, patience, and of course driving skill. I was thoroughly addicted to Papy's NASCAR 4 (held a few world records and beat Doug online which he forgets!).

You need to carry a slightly different ethos into the race. I like the variety it adds.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 10:11
We've already got F1 cars, why would you even want Indy cars?

Because they are significantly different cars.

It's kinda like saying we have 12c gt3, no need for any gt3 cars then

chig88
10-06-2015, 10:13
Because they are significantly different cars.

It's kinda like saying we have 12c gt3, no need for any gt3 cars then

It was a joke.

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 10:23

I just want to state before this rolls on much longer that we never promised any of that at launch.

To me, your post is a lie and false advertisement. :)

I see you've taken a nice breathe now, so all good.

Again, we're working on it. But we're not going to let the information ooze out in a damp squib type way. We want lots more sales in the US and plan to market it properly with a bang when the time comes.

wedge_a
10-06-2015, 10:59

I didn't say that 'every American's favourite type of motorsport is oval racing'. I'm speaking generally. Much like if I said, 'the USA is an English speaking nation.' That's not to say that everyone speaks English, but it's fair to say that it is the most spoken language, much like how oval racing is the dominant form of motorsport. I don't see how you could take that as a criticism of the United States.

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 10:59

Yeah they did but that is past tense, they haven't in years and Mexico is on the American continent.I don't get this at all like Indycar is an American series that's why i'm saying American content,I'm not trying to insult you. Like if a pack came out with all Irish tracks and Formula Seine car it would be Irish content,would it not? This seems to be a uniquely American thing that if you even say America,Americans jump on you as if you're running them into the ground.I follow Indycar and I have loads of family in New York and did live there for a time, I actually really like Americans and your culture. Just to say as well the whole stereotype thing, Trust me I'm Irish I know stereotypes and you just have to laugh them off.

TrevorAustin
10-06-2015, 11:37

What on earth do you mean "admit it" it's a UK based company producing the game. I doubt they are ashamed or embarrassed it wasn't designed primarily for he US market. You might be shocked to know that lots of things aren't! Cars that corner well after every car I've driven in the US feels like a boat:). Most people don't like baseball, it's even more boring than cricket, lol. The list could go on for ever:) Just accept that sometimes, in some things, people don't put US considerations first. There isn't anything wrong with that. It's like me complaining the Iracing is ridiculously biased towards big heavy low revving ugly cars and tracks I find incredibly boring. But I don't as it is us based for mainly a US market.

doctharock
10-06-2015, 18:01
What on earth do you mean "admit it" it's a UK based company producing the game. I doubt they are ashamed or embarrassed it wasn't designed primarily for he US market. You might be shocked to know that lots of things aren't! Cars that corner well after every car I've driven in the US feels like a boat:). Most people don't like baseball, it's even more boring than cricket, lol. The list could go on for ever:) Just accept that sometimes, in some things, people don't put US considerations first. There isn't anything wrong with that. It's like me complaining the Iracing is ridiculously biased towards big heavy low revving ugly cars and tracks I find incredibly boring. But I don't as it is us based for mainly a US market.

But... But... But... We are americans. We are spoiled. Ha. You are completely right, man. If you are from America, like myself, then you are basically groomed from birth to believe that the world and everything in it revolves around the USA. I will admit, though, that I can't wait to be able to turn left in pCars, then turn left again, then left again, and again....
Not all cars that are made in the USA are boats, though. There is a BMW plan in South Carolina.... Oh, wait.... :glee:

Roger Lee
10-06-2015, 21:02
Me loves the oval racing, but I'm glad you calmed down dude cause I was gonna have to put the USA slap down on ya. It was never promised and no one was more heart broken than me when they didn't make to initial release.

It will come and it will be good. We got a brief glimpse when Casey set up the stock car at Indy and it felt really good and the AI was the best I've raced against on ovals. I was an iRacing oval racer for 5 years so I have some understanding
as to what a good oval sim would feel like.

CCM
10-06-2015, 22:27
I just want to state before this rolls on much longer that we never promised any of that at launch.

To me, your post is a lie and false advertisement. :)

I see you've taken a nice breathe now, so all good.

Again, we're working on it. But we're not going to let the information ooze out in a damp squib type way. We want lots more sales in the US and plan to market it properly with a bang when the time comes.

Yes I calmed down was a spur of the moment frustration lol. Im sure you will have a lot of sales in the us when that BIG BANG happens till then I will be patient and enjoy what this game has to offer.

AbeWoz
10-06-2015, 22:55
oval racing is boring IMHO. go fast, turn left, go fast again, turn left again. i agree that it would bring another aspect to the game, but i think it will get very boring, very fast. i am very much enjoying the challenge of driving fast and turning both left and right. i love gt racing, and i am extremely content with the content (lol) of this game.

Casey Ringley
10-06-2015, 22:57
Me loves the oval racing, but I'm glad you calmed down dude cause I was gonna have to put the USA slap down on ya. It was never promised and no one was more heart broken than me when they didn't make to initial release.

It will come and it will be good. We got a brief glimpse when Casey set up the stock car at Indy and it felt really good and the AI was the best I've raced against on ovals. I was an iRacing oval racer for 5 years so I have some understanding
as to what a good oval sim would feel like.

Not gonna be modest: Oval racing on our new tire model is effing awesome. Been having way too much fun doing the early tests on tracks that are little more than a ribbon in the sky. Can't wait to get the DW12 and Ford Fusion done plus all the race event code so we can push it out there. It's a big job, but I think we'll go some way to convincing people how cool oval racing can be.

dustyjo
11-06-2015, 00:02
Not gonna be modest: Oval racing on our new tire model is effing awesome. Been having way too much fun doing the early tests on tracks that are little more than a ribbon in the sky. Can't wait to get the DW12 and Ford Fusion done plus all the race event code so we can push it out there. It's a big job, but I think we'll go some way to convincing people how cool oval racing can be.

Man, why do you have to tease us like that? :P

BTW, does the current aero simulation support side-drafting?

CCM
11-06-2015, 00:19

I want to thank the devs for the info on the Car and Oval tracks. I can't express how much thanks I can give that you all take the time to post like this and you answers my questions. I never have seen a game where the devs post answers and just fun comments as do project cars. Im not sure they realize what word of mouth can do for a company and right now word of mouth is positive which will make this game sore to be the bench mark for other sim racing games.

Neil Hopwood
11-06-2015, 00:20
oval racing is boring IMHO. go fast, turn left, go fast again, turn left again. i agree that it would bring another aspect to the game, but i think it will get very boring, very fast. i am very much enjoying the challenge of driving fast and turning both left and right. i love gt racing, and i am extremely content with the content (lol) of this game.

Lemme guess you've only ever tried running something like Daytona or Talladega? Try something list Bristol with a full grid. 43 cars on a 1/2 mile of track. its constant passing and side by side at 120.

JimStick1
11-06-2015, 00:28
Yeah, oval racing is something road racers scoff at until they try it and realise they have no idea what to do when in a pack of cars traveling over 200mph side by side. It's practically a game of chess. Passes sometimes take laps to setup and complete. It's always super intense and close.

This coming from a road racer.

Aldo Zampatti
11-06-2015, 00:29

Teaser!
(BTW, I'm sold! need to try them ASAP!! I want to see if I'm any good at it) :)
AZ

PS: Is it true that a bald wookie beat you on an Oval race?? I don't want to call him a liar, but.... :rolleyes:

CCM
11-06-2015, 00:32
Lemme guess you've only ever tried running something like Daytona or Talladega? Try something list Bristol with a full grid. 43 cars on a 1/2 mile of track. its constant passing and side by side at 120.

Lol ya i know what you mean. I remember on iracing or another sim game that before the race my heart starts beating faster cause I see drivers I know that will give me a fight and I see drivers I just don't get along with so that fuels my motivation in turns makes my hart rate go up lol. During the race my under arms are sweating with a small smell of BO even though I put the best deodorant on before the race. the intense of having to think your moves within seconds of the next turn happens so fast you have to be up on your game. Ovals you always are thinking your next move your always thinking what the person behind you or in front of you is going to do. Should you pass him left or go low in the corner and dive bomb him so he pushes up. There are so many things you have to think when racing a oval it's not just turn left and be done with it.

blacknred81
11-06-2015, 01:00
It's practically a game of chess.
And I'm only smart enough to play checkers....

ykiki
11-06-2015, 02:24
... and it's not like all ovals are the same. Super speedways like Daytona and Talladega, short tracks like Bristol, the square Indy and the triangle Pocono. All pose unique challenges.

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 02:35
I'd like to run a race with Ian Bell and Ben 'The Stig' Collins in a pack on an Oval. Ben has real world stock car experience, he's not just the master of an airfield course. Pretty sure he'd whip my ass.
Oh! Oh! Even better, run a full Indy 500 in pCARS with the Boss and Ben in the field. :D That would be epic!

Dasidnii
11-06-2015, 02:57
Even though it would suck if we had to wait this long, I think it would be pretty sick if you guys landed a TV advertisement for the Indy Car DLC or something for the Indy 500 next year. It's the 100th running of it also, that would be insane for you guys! lol.

Ischemica
11-06-2015, 03:08
Oval racing has a long rich history outside of the U.S.A. (sometimes the vehicles had as many as four HP!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huBZIFEfK4U