PDA

View Full Version : I have just about had it with pCARS... (AI not yielding under blue flag)

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 05:13
Main problem is the AI... They have to learn to yield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGA8coYEw8

:culpability:

Is this going to be fixed soon? I wanted to make it into Formula A and complete at least one season before F1 2015 comes out and I move on to that.

hello spaceman
10-06-2015, 06:16
See, the problem here is that you tried to overtake at Monaco... :(

But I do understand your frustration. The part where you got onto the main straight and the AI car just weaved all over the road is just plain shitty, although the incident at Mirabeau seems par for the course for F1 cars at this track.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 06:33
See, the problem here is that you tried to overtake at Monaco... :(

But I do understand your frustration. The part where you got onto the main straight and the AI car just weaved all over the road is just plain shitty, although the incident at Mirabeau seems par for the course for F1 cars at this track.

No, I tried to lap a car at Monaco. They should slow down and move out the way like every other racing game/sim out there.

SK8RBOI
10-06-2015, 06:59
Get over it! No one cares! If you don't like it, don't play it.
What do you think you will gain from this? A new game? The pach to be released sooner? Just stop wasting our time!

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 07:03
No, I tried to lap a car at Monaco. They should slow down and move out the way like every other racing game/sim out there.

Maybe that's the issue? In real life racing, lapped cars don't slow down or move out of the way, they stay on the racing line driving predictably, so the faster car can overtake normally.

Looking at your video, I see that most of the times that you try to overtake, the AI car is already committing to a corner which is not a good place to overtake. I agree that there are a few occasions where the AI should have yielded (e.g. on the S/F straight), but if you're allowing the lapped car to maintain its own speed while being lapped (like it is in F1 AFAIK) then the AI wasn't doing much wrong. Yes he's probably driving a bit too much like he's racing for position, but in order to get a clean pass you actually have to be in position for a clean pass. And don't forget that this is Monaco, it's very difficult finding good spots to overtake ;)

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 07:04
Get over it! No one cares! If you don't like it, don't play it.
What do you think you will gain from this? A new game? The pach to be released sooner? Just stop wasting our time!
Not really a helpful reply, is it? OP thread title could be better, but the topic itself is worth a (decent) discussion.

kaa0s
10-06-2015, 07:13
Maybe that's the issue? In real life racing, lapped cars don't slow down or move out of the way, they stay on the racing line driving predictably, so the faster car can overtake normally.

Looking at your video, I see that most of the times that you try to overtake, the AI car is already committing to a corner which is not a good place to overtake. I agree that there are a few occasions where the AI should have yielded (e.g. on the S/F straight), but if you're allowing the lapped car to maintain its own speed while being lapped (like it is in F1 AFAIK) then the AI wasn't doing much wrong. Yes he's probably driving a bit too much like he's racing for position, but in order to get a clean pass you actually have to be in position for a clean pass. And don't forget that this is Monaco, it's very difficult finding good spots to overtake ;)

^^ this.

It's up to you to make a clean pass. Yes the Ai got a little twitchy on the start of the main straight. But other than that it held its line, and was slower, so you need to find the better spots to try and overtake, not just expect that you can keep your normal racing line yourself and the AI would move over on a corner.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 07:15
What do you have the AI set at? Seems odd your lapping a back maker on lap 3.

SK8RBOI
10-06-2015, 08:38
Not really a helpful reply, is it? OP thread title could be better, but the topic itself is worth a (decent) discussion.

Sorry my bad. I saw the title and thought it was one of those threads.

fitzsteve
10-06-2015, 08:56
I agree the AI need to be tweaked in this respect. They also have a bad habit of coming out of the pits when you're on a Hot Lap in Quali and then don't get out of your way.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 09:04
What do you have the AI set at? Seems odd your lapping a back maker on lap 3.

There was a pile up at the Lowes hairpin. I have it on 90%, but it seems way too easy on Monaco, I was lapping 5 seconds faster per lap than the AI.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 09:05

You edited the title wrong, it should be "(AI not yielding under blue flag)"

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 09:07

I don't know what racing series you've been watching, but lapped cars pretty much always stay out the way.

Only in WEC they stay on the racing line because there was an agreement with the drivers that they'd prefer that so they can predict where you're going so they can easily overtake.

Can't even race side-by-side with the AI though, they always squeeze you into the wall, it's like racing a bunch of Pastor Maldonado's.

Bealdor
10-06-2015, 09:10
Thread title updated.

FYI improved blue flag behaviour is already on the to do list:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944821&viewfull=1#post944821

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944845&viewfull=1#post944845

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 09:17
Thread title updated.

FYI improved blue flag behaviour is already on the to do list:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944821&viewfull=1#post944821

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944845&viewfull=1#post944845

Thank you sir.

Any ETA? Feels like we've been waiting forever for a patch.

Bealdor
10-06-2015, 09:19
There's no ETA yet, sorry.

mcarver2000
10-06-2015, 11:13
I was running a race at Hockenheim where I cleanly passed a car 1 lap down. However, it wasn't easy. But, after making the pass, they rushed me at the next turn and almost wrecked me trying to take the position back. Way too aggressive for a lapped and slower driver.

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 11:25
Thank you sir.

Any ETA? Feels like we've been waiting forever for a patch.

PS4 is looking imminent. Xbox will be a little longer (they got 1.3 quickly, you didn't).

dave64
10-06-2015, 11:35
yes the ai car could of slowed down a number of times to let you pass but you should try and wait passing on a corner at monaco is not the best place to pass.

Mick_81
10-06-2015, 11:47
It is frustrating with some of the issues with the AI. But at least it is being recognised & addressed. And it was also made clear after the release of the game there were some issues that needed to be fixed, so you knew that you weren't buying the finished product so to speak. Very impressed with the feedback we're given, unlike other gaming companies. Let's see how the upcoming patch goes.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 12:18
PS4 is looking imminent. Xbox will be a little longer (they got 1.3 quickly, you didn't).

Cheers mate.

HeeseyChelmet
10-06-2015, 12:28

get in!

djmky
10-06-2015, 12:47
Main problem is the AI... They have to learn to yield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGA8coYEw8

:culpability:

Is this going to be fixed soon? I wanted to make it into Formula A and complete at least one season before F1 2015 comes out and I move on to that.

Looks like they incorporated Romain Grosjean into the AI. Love it! Back on topic, would be great if they yielded better. Though saying that when I get the blue flag, just coming out the pits on cold tyres, I tend not to yield...

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 12:50
Mods, please add 'More robust AI yielding under blue flags' to my secret special list.

KartKingCorre
10-06-2015, 12:53
Mods, please add 'More robust AI yielding under blue flags' to my secret special list.

I would love to see that famous list one day! I'm wondering how much of it will still be implemented in Pcars1..

Bealdor
10-06-2015, 12:55

It's already in as #6. Will add a link to this thread here.

SL1DE
10-06-2015, 14:08

I also find that the AI most of the time doesn't leave room when you're going down the inside on a corner either, they turn in on their normal racing line like they don't sense you're there. The aggressiveness may work in touring cars, but not in open wheel categories, the amount of times I've rolled it because the AI hit their wheel against mine, over 10?. Like I said in a previous post, it's like racing against a bunch of Pastor Maldonado's. :(

But the last thing I want to be is another complainer. I just made the thread because I wanted to show the video. :P

oscarolim
10-06-2015, 14:22

That's quite wrong.
On F1, cars that are going to be lapped leave the racing line and slow down to make it easier to be lapped. It's been like this for many many years. That's what blue flags are for, a faster car is approaching, let him pass.

In case there's any doubts, here's Vettel lapping in Monaco a couple weeks ago. Pay special attention as how the Toro Rosso doesn't crash into Vettel, but instead clears the racing line and slows down.

https://youtu.be/GH1CeAAr3xQ?t=7m57s