PDA

View Full Version : dlc is great! freezing is not!

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 06:45
I am really enjoying this game since I bought the disc version for my ps4. Its the best sim I've ever played. Was excited when I downoaded the dlc last night and got a few races online on imola and Watkins Glen. What did upset me was the amount of times the game seems to freeze for a second (usually when I'm in a corner), leading to some spectacular crashes! Last night I ended up quitting out of numerous online races due to it doing this. I did notice the odd stutter before,but the game freezing up seems to last more than a milisecond,before you know it you've got the barrier? My ps4 is top condition, well aired,and has no trouble playing witcher 3,which I also can't stop playing! Are other peeps having the same problem? Seems worse on certain tracks! Love the game,really do I hope this is fixed though as it makes the game unplayable.

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 06:55
I am really enjoying this game since I bought the disc version for my ps4. Its the best sim I've ever played. Was excited when I downoaded the dlc last night and got a few races online on imola and Watkins Glen. What did upset me was the amount of times the game seems to freeze for a second (usually when I'm in a corner), leading to some spectacular crashes! Last night I ended up quitting out of numerous online races due to it doing this. I did notice the odd stutter before,but the game freezing up seems to last more than a milisecond,before you know it you've got the barrier? My ps4 is top condition, well aired,and has no trouble playing witcher 3,which I also can't stop playing! Are other peeps having the same problem? Seems worse on certain tracks! Love the game,really do I hope this is fixed though as it makes the game unplayable.
Please update your user info with the correct platform, it makes it easier to identify platform-specific issues and avoids confusion :).

What graphics details are you using (if any choice, not sure on consoles)? What controller? FFB enabled or not? Does it make a difference whether you are driving alone or with other cars on the problem tracks?

Deadzone
10-06-2015, 07:03
I'm having problems with the icons DLC. Mainly the Merc CLK. the game keeps crashing when I hit barriers with this car.
Quite frustrating.

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 07:07
I'm having problems with the icons DLC. Mainly the Merc CLK. the game keeps crashing when I hit barriers with this car.
Quite frustrating.

Could you give more details? Which cars do cause a game crash? How to repro? How does the game crash? Any error message and crash logs?

Deadzone
10-06-2015, 07:10
Mercedes Clk, Time Trial, Bathurst, hit a wall hard enough and the game will crash. This has happened three times in the last 45 mins.

Deadzone
10-06-2015, 07:12
I had just run a 2:03min on the previous lap before the game crashed, I hope my time still gets posted.

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 07:12
I'm playing on controller,ffb settings unchanged,control settings set to the famous jacks version. I drive with all assists off,and graphics details I've left untouched.I use in car view,and have experienced this only when playing online,practice mode haven't had a problem!

Voxen
10-06-2015, 07:13
After DLC installation I started a race at Le Mans 24h with LMP1 car and the game crashed in the middle of the first lap.
Did it again and I was able to race 5 laps with no crash.

madmax2069
10-06-2015, 07:58
So far I havent ran into any new crashes other then the ones already known.

I took the CLK and started slamming it into walls (did it in each view mode) with no crash in free practice on Bathurst, tried it on 24h Le Mans as well.

Took it to the time trials on Bathurst and slammed it into a few walls and still no crash.

Took the new bently speed 8 on 24h Le Mans for about 10 laps with no crash , also slammed it into a few walls as well. Took it on time trials and still no crash yet.

So far 2 hours of playing with the new cars and no crash yet.

Make sure to send the crash report to SONY when or if you get a crash, it will allow SMS to find out what caused it easier.

@ the OP was you in practice or qualifying in that online lobby ? When people join and leave the lobby during practice and qualification it will cause the game to freeze for a split second (was happening before the DLC, and a known issue that I think is being fixed in the 1.4 update). And if you was in a race could you have been lagging ? (that could cause it as well), havent seen it freeze for a split second during a race (unless it was lag), only in practice and qualification when people leave and join the lobby.

Have any of you experiencing these crashes with the new DLC ever booted into safe mode and rebuild the database ?

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 08:12
Double post

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 20:26
Been back online tonite,did get more stutter and slight freezing when on qualify and in a race,nothing as bad as last night thankfully,as someone stated above,it seems to be happening mostly when people quit out of the room.