PDA

View Full Version : Project a joke program?

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 07:52
now again in earnest. how can it be that when I'm faster with a car 40 kmh but always have the same time as with the slower car? that's me frankly too high. I have tested the times I even drove the slow setup and use without DRS on a track and then to compare 40 kmh faster and with Drs. the times were identical. My setup is not taken or what's going on? on videos I have tried to compare times and on this all looks a lot faster and all seem to have more grip. I can do what I want to adjust what I want, with the camber and track changes nothing, I'm just around the curves whether I 0.0 or 0.6 or 3.6 suppose. always the same result?

I've also taken a setup from here on the forum which he is allegedly drove 5:13 on the Nordschleife, and I needed so 5:34? my fastest time so far with its own setup 5:19 track on this and tell me now please not that I'm too stupid to go. the setup I have of it here, there is also a video including ride and it just looks different and faster. it is all a mystery to me, honestly.

alone on a straight I stretch with the other car with 340 kmh 317 kmh including DRS and slow on the straight 4-5 seconds faster? I ask you

apexatspeed
10-06-2015, 07:56
Clearly you are not very good at English, which is fine, but you need to take a breath and rewrite that. I can barely figure out what you are trying to say. Are you saying there is an issue because you can't match someone's time with the exact same setup?

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 08:06
Infraction for insulting thread title.

And apart from being insulting, the title doesn't say anything about what you want to report/discuss which reduces usability a lot.

Siberian Tiger
10-06-2015, 08:09
You try to say that with DRS and Lower Wings you can't set faster Times?

Well that Time you Gain on the Straights, you will loose on the Corners... Simply - isn't it?

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 08:12
only on a straight track down, but the same times

I can adjust what I want. camber, for example. if I set 0.0 or 0.6 or 2.0 or 3.6. I'm always the same in the curves. how can that be?

Siberian Tiger
10-06-2015, 08:19
Can you post a Video ? Perhaps you don't notice it, because it's a gain in the hundred of Second?

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 08:21
yes will do without DRS and DRS with a video. the car itself in a short distance.

bringmetheapex
10-06-2015, 08:25
There's some horrible undertones on this forum. The game was shipped world wide so please appreciate that there are people from non English speaking , countries who want to interact....regardless of what you think of there opinions don't start on their language skills...

The other thing is clear this place is not the best place for totally unbiased views on this game. Plenty of places that don't have too much of a vested interest in game to the point of forgiving EVERY bug etc. Theres the boss man, bunch of blokes who worked on the game then the fanboys who are desparate to be accepted into their little gang.... reminds alot of the Atari forum when Race Pro came out on consoles.....

The game is good for sure, but casual xenophobia towards people who don't have the same opinion of a computer game is poor....IMHO.
I await a ban/abuse/personal attacks via written word/baiting/trolling for daring to comment against the 'gang'

mire2
10-06-2015, 08:26
Well, ok i dont know if it is slower or faster with DRS on lap times, but i took the Mclaren p1 at LeMans, one time without the DRS and i reached on the lon straight 310 Km/h.....and the other time i used the DRS and i reached 356 Km/h......for me the DRS works very fine and i go much faster on the tracks.......maybe it is because you are slower on corners or something like that, speed isnt everything, so stay clear with your speed level and then push your Km/h with the DRS after leaving a corner makes the times better i think.......

so it means, for me the DRS makes it much better then without it.....

but i think when you upload a video of your problem we could maybe figure out whats going on....

MysterG
10-06-2015, 08:31
There's some horrible undertones on this forum. The game was shipped world wide so please appreciate that there are people from non English speaking , countries who want to interact....regardless of what you think of there opinions don't start on their language skills...

The other thing is clear this place is not the best place for totally unbiased views on this game. Plenty of places that don't have too much of a vested interest in game to the point of forgiving EVERY bug etc. Theres the boss man, bunch of blokes who worked on the game then the fanboys who are desparate to be accepted into their little gang.... reminds alot of the Atari forum when Race Pro came out on consoles.....

The game is good for sure, but casual xenophobia towards people who don't have the same opinion of a computer game is poor....IMHO.
I await a ban/abuse/personal attacks via written word/baiting/trolling for daring to comment against the 'gang'

When you start throwing terms like 'fanboy' and 'little gang' around you become the same as what you are accusing us all of.

Challenging others not to respond in kind just so you can prove how right you are when they do is pretty poor too.

Siberian Tiger
10-06-2015, 08:31
yes will do without DRS and DRS with a video. the car itself in a short distance.

If you only mean a Start/Finish straight, then you will have a Problem ;) It's to short to see significant faster Times... It will be something like 0.0x Seconds or maxium 0.x Seconds...
And without Timing Sectors directly at the start and end you can't see the difference...

DRS in Formula A gives about 0.5 Seconds for the WHOLE Track! (If i remember correct)

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 08:36

I don't see how the second part of your posting is related to anything posted in this thread? All reactions until have been focused on trying to figure out what the OP's problem actually is, there's nothing fanboyish or biased bashing going on.

As for the English part, I see no bashing of the OP's English skills, just the observation that the OP is hard to understand and the willingness to help regardless.

And now back on-topic, before this derails in another fanboy-no-criticism-allowed rant.

ao1977
10-06-2015, 08:39
I basically agree, but Nils was already asked in another thread to simply write in german instead of using some babel fish translator, for there are german speaking moderators as well as users who offered to translate. His refusal to do so and the resulting translation is kinda annoying, also my hovercraft is full of eels.

Nils, bitte schreib einfach in Deutsch, wie Du darum gebeten wurdest. Deine Übersetzungsversuche schaffen mehr Missverständnisse als Klarheit.

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 08:40
We don't want this forum to derail into threads in different languages, so please do try to write in (simple) English or use a translator.

bringmetheapex
10-06-2015, 08:42
Brilliant an infraction....feel big now?

Bealdor
10-06-2015, 08:44
I basically agree, but Nils was already asked in another thread to simply write in german instead of using some babel fish translator, for there are german speaking moderators as well as users who offered to translate. His refusal to do so and the resulting translation is kinda annoying

I'm German and I can tell you that "a joke program" is not a case of language barrier/accident.

...also my hovercraft is full of eels.

Sorry 'bout that mate.:cool:

MysterG
10-06-2015, 08:46
Brilliant an infraction....feel big now?

No. Do you?

kaa0s
10-06-2015, 08:50
I've also taken a setup from here on the forum which he is allegedly drove 5:13 on the Nordschleife, and I needed so 5:34?

I am sorry but this was the only part of your post that I think I understood correctly. And the answer is: A setup does not make you as a driver fast. And a setup that fits another persons driving style, controller/wheel setup, doesn't mean it will fit your driving style, controller/wheel setup. If this makes any sense.

On the language thing, let's assume I'd understand German, could I copy/paste the post to a translator and translate it back to german and it would make more sense? Just a thought if English is forced maybe the guys who speak German could try that and see if it helps.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 09:29
Ok In Deutsch. Erst einmal, ich liebe das Spiel doch gibt es mir viele Rätsel auf. Ich habe das Gefühl das egal was ich mache mit dem Setup es keine Unterschiede gibt. Das einzige was ich merke beim Tuning sind die Federn und der Reifendruck und Getriebe. Wenn ich aber die Spur und den Sturz einstelle passiert fast nichts, ich komme immer gleich um die Kurven. Dann habe ich mal zum Vergleich ein Video angesehen. Dort fährt der Junge das gleiche Auto auf derselben Strecke aber fast 30 km/h langsamer als meines und ist im ersten Abschnitt bereits 5-6 Sekunden schneller als ich. Er fährt fast dieselbe Linie wie ich und am Ende hat er eine Zeit von 5:13 ich wenn es gut läuft 5:22. Das ist mir einfach zu hoch. Ich habe dann mal sein Setup vom Video das hier im Forum steht genommen und ich war viel viel langsamer. Meine Zeit mit diesem Setup über 5:30. Auf dem Video sieht auch alles anders aus als bei mir, schneller, ruhiger, mehr Gripp. Ich kann machen was ich will entweder funktioniert das Setup nicht oder was weiß ich. Ich bin wirklich nicht zu dumm zum fahren bin aber auch nicht der beste, aber solche Unterschiede sind mir einfach unerklärlich. tut mir leid. Ich habe Fehler im Spiel die sonst keiner zu haben scheint ob streifen im Spiel, abstürze und so weiter. Jetzt anscheinend mit dem Setup. und wenn man hier nicht einmal eine Frage stellen darf ohne eine Verwarnung zu erhalten finde ich das schon frech tut mir leid. Es tut mir leid dass ich nur Fehler im Spiel habe und es tut mir leid dass ich nur möchte dass es reibungslos läuft und es tut mir leid das ich die Frechheit habe danach zu fragen. Ich habe ja nur das recht Geld für etwas zu bezahlen und dann meinen Mund zu halten.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 09:37
Das Problem ist das ich machen kann was ich will beim Tuning, ob langsam oder schnell, es sind fast immer die selben Zeiten. Und ich scheine überhaupt kein Gripp zu bekommen egal welchen Reifendruck ich nehme egal welche Spur ich einstelle oder Differentialwerte ich nehme. Ich fahre mit Flügel 4:4 genau so wie mit Flügel 6:6 oder 10 :10, komme auch genau gleich um die Kurven, da kann doch was nicht stimmen.

Ich verbringe mehr Zeit hier im Forum wegen Fehler im Spiel das ist nicht mehr schön. Ich habe so viele Stunden für ein Auto und für eine Strecke verbracht und erhalte immer die selben Werte, alles sehr sehr merkwürdig.

xsomnivmx
10-06-2015, 09:43
Dort fährt der Junge das gleiche Auto auf derselben Strecke aber fast 30 km/h langsamer als meines und ist im ersten Abschnitt bereits 5-6 Sekunden schneller als ich. Er fährt fast dieselbe Linie wie ich und am Ende hat er eine Zeit von 5:13 ich wenn es gut läuft 5:22. Das ist mir einfach zu hoch.

Zeiten entstehen meist in Kurven, sprich Bremspunkt, Scheitelpunkt und richtig rausbeschleunigen. "Langsamer" und sauber ist oft schneller als "Schnell" und falsch.

Zu den Bugs: Xbox One? Standby , oder richtig ausschalten? Standby ist ein riesen Problem bei vielen spielen, nicht nur pcars.

Englisch Version tldr:

He is saying, that someone driving slower on the straights is still faster as he is overall, and asks how this is possible.

Me: Being fast on straights does not make you fast overall, finding the right point to brake, apex and so one does.
Regarding the bus: always shut down the x1 completely, no standby.. this helps in many games.

oscarolim
10-06-2015, 09:44
Actually google translating the post #19 made it easier to understand.

I read somehwere on the forum that the time on screen goes slower in some circumstances. Could it be that you're not slower, but just the time is counting slower?

This is the thread I was referring to: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25574-Um-is-this-a-HUGE-bug-or-intended-or-my-game-just-messed-up

Specially if the video you saw was on PC as is my understanding it only happens on xbox.

Neil Hopwood
10-06-2015, 09:45
Pretty sure he just describe how Red bull won for world championship. Fast in the corners, but slow on the straights.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 09:55
Now I'm on twitch There you can see real errors

http://www.twitch.tv/holgerssonnils

NoBrakes
10-06-2015, 10:06
Ok In Deutsch. Erst einmal, ich liebe das Spiel doch gibt es mir viele Rätsel auf. Ich habe das Gefühl das egal was ich mache mit dem Setup es keine Unterschiede gibt. Das einzige was ich merke beim Tuning sind die Federn und der Reifendruck und Getriebe. Wenn ich aber die Spur und den Sturz einstelle passiert fast nichts, ich komme immer gleich um die Kurven. Dann habe ich mal zum Vergleich ein Video angesehen. Dort fährt der Junge das gleiche Auto auf derselben Strecke aber fast 30 km/h langsamer als meines und ist im ersten Abschnitt bereits 5-6 Sekunden schneller als ich. Er fährt fast dieselbe Linie wie ich und am Ende hat er eine Zeit von 5:13 ich wenn es gut läuft 5:22. Das ist mir einfach zu hoch. Ich habe dann mal sein Setup vom Video das hier im Forum steht genommen und ich war viel viel langsamer. Meine Zeit mit diesem Setup über 5:30. Auf dem Video sieht auch alles anders aus als bei mir, schneller, ruhiger, mehr Gripp. Ich kann machen was ich will entweder funktioniert das Setup nicht oder was weiß ich. Ich bin wirklich nicht zu dumm zum fahren bin aber auch nicht der beste, aber solche Unterschiede sind mir einfach unerklärlich. tut mir leid. Ich habe Fehler im Spiel die sonst keiner zu haben scheint ob streifen im Spiel, abstürze und so weiter. Jetzt anscheinend mit dem Setup. und wenn man hier nicht einmal eine Frage stellen darf ohne eine Verwarnung zu erhalten finde ich das schon frech tut mir leid. Es tut mir leid dass ich nur Fehler im Spiel habe und es tut mir leid dass ich nur möchte dass es reibungslos läuft und es tut mir leid das ich die Frechheit habe danach zu fragen. Ich habe ja nur das recht Geld für etwas zu bezahlen und dann meinen Mund zu halten.
Well, I am German, too, and I will try to give you an answer in German with an English translation for the rest.
Da ich auch Deutscher bin, versuche ich Dir mal auf Deutsch zu antworten und stelle dies Antwort parallel auf Englisch, damit der Rest es auch versteht:

Deutsch:
Das Thema "Fahrzeug-Setup", "Linie" und "Runden-Zeiten" ist denke ich ein wenig komplexer, als du es Dir vorstellst. Ich bin nun selbst erst seit etwa 1,5 Jahren im Bereich Sim (!) Racing unterwegs (Assetto Corsa hat mich u.a. dazu gebracht dann auch v.a. online im Multiplayer zu fahren) und das Beste was mir passieren konnte, war eine kompetente deutsch-sprachige Online-Community zu finden und sich dort mit erfahrenen Sim-Racern auszutauschen; gleiches gilt für pCARS. Ich weiß nicht, mit welchen Rennsimulationen Du bislang Erfahrungen hattest, da Du wohl auf XBOX fährst, nehme ich jedoch stark an, dass Project CARS die erste simulations-lastige Rennsimulation ist - es sei denn Du hast z.B. auf dem PC schon Spiele ("Sims") wie Race07, GTR, rFactor o.ä. genutzt - denn z.B. so nett ein FORZA auf der XBox auch ist, es ist meilenweit weg davon eine "Simulation" zu sein, und was man dort einstellen kann, hat oft gar nichts mit der Realität zu tun. Leider passen Konsolen und PCs online nicht zusammen, sonst würde ich dich einmal dazu einladen, es mit den Leuten aus einem der Foren, in denen ich aktiv bin, online anzugehen, um dem Problem näher zu kommen, aber z.B. das deutsch-sprachige Forum für PC- und Konsolenracer (http://www.konsolenracer.de/forum/) könnte ggf. eine gute Anlaufstelle sein. Fakt ist jedenfalls, dass nach meiner Erfahrung mit der PC-Version Setup-Tuning einen erheblichen Einfluss auf die Fahrbarkeit und die erzielbaren Rundenzeiten hat. Aber es bedarf schon einiger Kenntnisse, wie was wirkt, sowie eines gezielten Vorgehens beim Tuning und va. Geduld, um spürbar Erfolge zu erzielen.

English translation:
The matter of "car setups", "driving lines" and "lap times" is way more complex than you may expect. I have joined the sim racing just about 1.5 years ago (it were e.g. Assetto Corsa that brought me into multiplayer online racing) an the best I could do, was to find a competent german speaking online community and to exchange knowledge with advanced sim racers - same is with pCARS. I don't know how much sim experience you have as you use a XBOX One for pCARS I assume that pCARS is your first simulation like racing game - or did you play titles ("sims") like Race 07, GTR or rFactor on the PC before? - because as nice as e.g. FORZA on the XBOX may be, it is far away from being a simulation at all and what you could do there for setting up your cars hast mostly nothing to do with reality. Sadly consoles and PC titles don't fit together on the online site, else I would invite you to come online and do some track and setup training together with the German guys on my favorite (German) forum. But maybe joining the german forum for PC and console racers (http://www.konsolenracer.de/forum/) could be a good place to check and solve your problems. It's a fact that as long as I know from the PC version of pCARS that setup tuning has a huge impact an drivability and lap times. But you have to have some good knowledge, how the parameters work and what you will get from setting different values and you need some good patience with tuning to get significant results.
(Hopefully my english is well enough to get the message to the english speaking part of the world as well;))

xsomnivmx
10-06-2015, 10:07
ok, just from watching a few moments, i think you're going way to fast in some corners and therefore have a bad line - and that costs time. Maybe, use some easyer cars, i really like the gt3 ones, and an easier track. Nordschleife is hard to memorize - and without beeing able to drive the track blindfolded, setups are a bit useless, simply because any possible gain in speed can be covered by a bad turn etc.

Ok, hab kurz reinschauen können, du gehst z.t. zu agressiv in die kurven und verlierst dort viel zeit durch die dadurch resultierende rennline. Probier vielleicht mal die Gt3 wagen aus, die sind einfacher zu handeln - und vor allem eine Strecke die du auswenig lernen kannst. Norschleife ist schwer auswendig zu lernen. und solange du nicht fehlerfrei die Strecke fahren kannst, wirst du kleine verbesserungen durch Setups des autos niemals mitbekommen.

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 10:09
Mainly though, stop calling us a joke program. It's insulting.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 10:09
Sorry crash twitch, back online

kaa0s
10-06-2015, 10:12
Yup watched too. You need to first stay on track before messing with the setups. Also from what I saw (the quality was kinda bad) you had some really weird values on bumps and rebounds for example. I think most of yours were set to almost to the far left of the slider, like, all of them on that page of the setup.. I am not a tuning master but I would bet those alone would cause problems.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 10:20
Ich bin mit Absicht aggressiv gefahren um zu zeigen dass es egal ist welche reifen ich nehme und welches differential ich immer rutsche. egal was ich mach ich fahre immer wie auf Eis. ich kenne die Strecke bin immerhin 3 im leaderboard. ich habe einfach zu viele Fehler und ich höre immer nur du bist der einzige mit dem Problem, es ist deine XBOX. warum habe ich dann bei anderen spiele keine Problem? warum habe ich keine streifen im anderen Spiel, oder wanderernde Hintergründe, abstürze, flackern, kein Feedback zum Controller bei vielen strecken und so weiter? immer sind es die Konsolen.

Ich höre hier immer nur ja wir machen das mit einem Patch, der erste Patch hat bei mir nur das Controllerproblem behoben sonst nichts.

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 10:41
Mainly though, stop calling us a joke program. It's insulting.

fixes out my error in the game.

flymar
10-06-2015, 10:42
"Seems like DRS doesn't have impact on lap times"
"Project a joke program"
You do see a difference?

mire2
10-06-2015, 10:57
Ich bin mit Absicht aggressiv gefahren um zu zeigen dass es egal ist welche reifen ich nehme und welches differential ich immer rutsche. egal was ich mach ich fahre immer wie auf Eis. ich kenne die Strecke bin immerhin 3 im leaderboard. ich habe einfach zu viele Fehler und ich höre immer nur du bist der einzige mit dem Problem, es ist deine XBOX. warum habe ich dann bei anderen spiele keine Problem? warum habe ich keine streifen im anderen Spiel, oder wanderernde Hintergründe, abstürze, flackern, kein Feedback zum Controller bei vielen strecken und so weiter? immer sind es die Konsolen.

Ich höre hier immer nur ja wir machen das mit einem Patch, der erste Patch hat bei mir nur das Controllerproblem behoben sonst nichts.
Sei froh das du überhaupt patches bekommen hast.....ps4 hat überhaupt keine patches, nur den day one....

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 11:00
Please provide a translation if you don't post in English so the discussions stay public!

mire2
10-06-2015, 11:02
Be happy that you got an patch allready, ps4 got just the day one patch..

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 11:02
"Seems like DRS doesn't have impact on lap times"
"Project a joke program"
You do see a difference?

I have no Grip and no Differential on Nordschleife, Circuit Catalunya, California (Highway). And I have Stripes look this

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30126-Differential-does-not-work!-%28specific-issue-on-Nordschleife%29/page6

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30126-Differential-does-not-work!-%28specific-issue-on-Nordschleife%29/page7

and i have freeze and xbox make restart. i have extrem
flicker picture. I have wandering Wallpaper in Azure.
I have no feedback to Controller on Nordschleife, Catalunya and California. And i have not testet all routes

It is obviously not a joke. But I'm frustrated. I'm angry because I have spent hours in vain setups. I'm angry that you look for excuses and always seeks the faults in others

it is unacceptable that one already talking about a second part of project cars. one has only to take care of the error in the current part.

And Ian Bell with its DirectX 12 I do not have DirectX 12 in the XBox so you need about not talking. I have the game now and then it also has to run.

all just empty promises

Holgersson Nils
10-06-2015, 11:04
Sei froh das du überhaupt patches bekommen hast.....ps4 hat überhaupt keine patches, nur den day one....

Nur hat der überhaupt nichts gebracht außer den Controller - Bug zu beheben.

Sankyo
10-06-2015, 11:11
Nur hat der überhaupt nichts gebracht außer den Controller - Bug zu beheben.
Please don't post rubbish like that. The fact that you seem to have other issues doesn't mean that the patch only solved the controller issue.

Again, everyone, please provide a translation with every non-English (if really necessary) posting, or I'll close the thread.

kaa0s
10-06-2015, 11:19
Why is this thread in existence anyway since he has that other thread about the same issue?