PDA

View Full Version : Minimap hard to see against bright background

Rowan Singfield
10-06-2015, 07:54
Like the title says, I find the map extremely hard to see against brighter backgrounds, the sky, etc. It would be nice to have something like a darker shadow behind it. As it is now, way too often I have no idea where I'm going or where the other cars are, because I can't see them at all.

Am I the only one with that problem? I'm surprised I couldn't find a mention of that in the forums...

MysterG
10-06-2015, 08:01
I can't say I have experienced the issue you describe.

You could try editing the HUD (saving issues will be fixed in patch 1.4) to move the mini map to another location on the screen (lower down) out of the sky.

charliev69
10-06-2015, 08:32
Best solution ..... turn the map off , just drive !
It might take you a little longer to learn the tracks , but your eyes will be on the road and not looking at the map !!

Rowan Singfield
10-06-2015, 09:09
You could try editing the HUD (saving issues will be fixed in patch 1.4) to move the mini map to another location on the screen (lower down) out of the sky.

I actually like the map where it is, except for the fact that sometimes I can't see anything on it :) But yeah, I'll probably do that.

Best solution ..... turn the map off , just drive !
It might take you a little longer to learn the tracks , but your eyes will be on the road and not looking at the map !!

Well, turning it off isn't a solution. I mean, if our users complained about not being able to see some infos in our programs and we told them to just don't use that particular part of the program, they'd probably come upstairs and actually kick us in the shins :p

For me, occasionally looking at the map while I'm driving is in fact a big part of learning a track. It's just the way my brain works. I can remember individual images quite well, but sequences, like while watching when driving... not so much. Also, I do keep my eyes on the road, but sometimes glance at the map, certainly no longer than looking in the rear view mirror :)

MysterG
10-06-2015, 09:10
I always use the map. I'd miss half the pit entrances if I didn't :eek-new:

charliev69
10-06-2015, 09:45
Fair enough !
What you guys really want is a sat nav with voice commands !!!!! :friendly_wink:

Roger Prynne
10-06-2015, 10:03
^^^ Hey that's a good idea... :rolleyes:

MysterG
10-06-2015, 10:13
Fair enough !
What you guys really want is a sat nav with voice commands !!!!! :friendly_wink:

Not at all. I don't use sat Nav IRL either. ;)
I just don't have much 'play time' so I'd rather spend my 1hr or so a week driving rather than learning. The mini map helps with that.