PDA

View Full Version : Can not not refuel - is it me, or the game?

xsomnivmx
10-06-2015, 09:05
Hi,

maybe i'm to stupid to understand the pit strategies, but when i enter the pits just to change tyres (wet to dry) and put the fuel slider as low as possible (so, that it matches the fuel i have left anyway) the pit crew is not only refueling, they fill the tank to the top - which would be great in reality, free gas ;) - but ingame makes for a very long pitstop, and a fat slow car for the remaining race. So, assuming its not a bug, what am i doing wrong?
Happend in GT cars on Spa or Le Mans (not 100% sure), maybe some GT rule that you have to refuel in pits?

Bealdor
10-06-2015, 09:07
Are you sure that you saved your pit strategy and set it to "active"?

xsomnivmx
10-06-2015, 09:14
Well, the "game not saving" bug killed my savegame and settings the day before and so i had no premade pit setting. So i edited it to only change the wheels (and fix broken stuff) while entering the pits (the little menu on the left side of the screen) and after saving, this menu showed the new name of the strategy, so i think it should have been active - but i will doublecheck the next time.

mcarver2000
10-06-2015, 11:18
I got screwed the other way around. I carefully setup my pit strategy for no fuel (which is a pain as one has to put 1 liter of fuel in their primary setup, then edit the pit strategy, save it -- then remember to go back and put the full fuel load in the primary setup). Wouldn't one know it. but the pit strategy (the only one, and active), reset itself to a full fuel load. Not a pleasant surprise to sit in the pits waiting for fuel I didn't want and then having a heavier car than expected.

Lagoa
10-06-2015, 11:29
I never save pit strategies pre race. I just edit them as I enter the pits. Always works..

Raven403
10-06-2015, 11:32
I never save pit strategies pre race. I just edit them as I enter the pits. Always works..

Not in MP it doesnt, Because you dont have time usually, but thats being fixed. But like the OP said I too had the same problem, I edited it coming into the pits, put fuel all the way down, saved it, made active, the Pit Crew proceeded to Fill my fuel tank THEN do my tires in the pit, Erasing my lead and putting me pretty far behind. I did it right, Because ive done it and had it work before. This was in an LMP1 at Le Mans

xsomnivmx
10-06-2015, 11:38
I got screwed the other way around.(...) Not a pleasant surprise to sit in the pits waiting for fuel I didn't want and then having a heavier car than expected.

well, maybe i wasn't clear enough, english isn't my first language, but that's what happened to me. Only wanted tyres, no fuel. Got the full service, tyres AND fuel.

But, then again, i can't 100% percent guarantee Bealdor isn't right about what happened. I edited the strategy while coming into the pits (in a single player race btw, i don't do mp) and i'm sure i saved, but have not doublechecked.

Raven403
10-06-2015, 11:52
well, maybe i wasn't clear enough, english isn't my first language, but that's what happened to me. Only wanted tyres, no fuel. Got the full service, tyres AND fuel.

But, then again, i can't 100% percent guarantee Bealdor isn't right about what happened. I edited the strategy while coming into the pits (in a single player race btw, i don't do mp) and i'm sure i saved, but have not doublechecked.

Its not your fault either way, because in my opinion, the whole Pit System is way too overcomplicated and unclear, hence why Its lead to a lot of repeat and similar threads regarding it. Same thing with the Wheel calibration stuff, it was just a tad bit open for interpretation, and it lead to 100 threads on peoples wheels not working. A game manual to explain the exact procedure for making sure your Pit Setup saves and takes effect would be nice, just to clear up any confusion people have now and in the future. Any time I get it to work in the game Im not sure if I just got lucky, or I did it right. My trust in it is totally shot, every time i come in to pit I just close my eyes and hope I get the right tires (though theres no way to know if I did), I get (or dont get) fuel, and I dont get and ECU failure, Wheel Nut Failure, or get stuck there staring at the pit board guy.

Brent G
10-06-2015, 16:17
Just to clear, when entering pitlane and opening stratergy is the amount of fuel shown what you have in tank? I mean single player too.

Schnizz58
10-06-2015, 17:02
Just to clear, when entering pitlane and opening stratergy is the amount of fuel shown what you have in tank? I mean single player too.
Yes, the indicator shows how much fuel you currently have. There is also a slider pointer above it that you can adjust for the amount of fuel you want to have. You can increase it but you can't decrease it below the amount you already have. So if you slide it as far left as it will go, you should not take on any additional fuel during the pit stop. If you want fuel, slide it to the right and you will exit the pit with however much fuel you specified.

Umer Ahmad
10-06-2015, 17:05
^that's it

Schnizz58
10-06-2015, 17:19
I think the slider defaults all the way to the left so I bet he didn't increase it to add additional fuel.

ajsbsd
12-06-2015, 11:55
It's still broken in 1.4. With active and fuel its not refueling in the Gt4 career with the bmw. Pitted twice in a row (from first sigh).

xsomnivmx
12-06-2015, 15:18
I think the slider defaults all the way to the left so I bet he didn't increase it to add additional fuel.

that's right. fuel left was something around 30 and the slider was hard left. still, ended up with 100+ liters.

(But, to be clear, my time schedule didn't allow me to doublcheck Bealdors suggestion that i effed up the saving and activating part. so, still could be my fault)

Brent G
12-06-2015, 19:31
Yes, the indicator shows how much fuel you currently have. There is also a slider pointer above it that you can adjust for the amount of fuel you want to have. You can increase it but you can't decrease it below the amount you already have. So if you slide it as far left as it will go, you should not take on any additional fuel during the pit stop. If you want fuel, slide it to the right and you will exit the pit with however much fuel you specified.

Thank you kindly, that'll explain why when I entered the pits with 16l of fuel and chose to get the least amount of fuel which was 16l I got nowt! Jeez Im a cretin at times ;)

Yobbo NZ
13-06-2015, 07:00
Just did a US GT3 race with the McLaren.The 2nd race is the main race,more laps.Fuelled the car to make sure when I pitted half way through,I'd need the same amount or there abouts again to finish on.Into the pits I go,30+ second lead,tyres changed,car sits there a bit and no fuel added.
Pitted again next lap,just incase I'd stuffed something up,changed the option to no change of tyres...Car sits there,no fuel.
So in the end,I ran out of fuel about 5 laps from the finish.
Could well be the series doesn't allow refuelling? If that's the case,shouldn't it be displayed somewhere before you start the race?

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 09:33
Just did a US GT3 race with the McLaren.The 2nd race is the main race,more laps.Fuelled the car to make sure when I pitted half way through,I'd need the same amount or there abouts again to finish on.Into the pits I go,30+ second lead,tyres changed,car sits there a bit and no fuel added.
Pitted again next lap,just incase I'd stuffed something up,changed the option to no change of tyres...Car sits there,no fuel.
So in the end,I ran out of fuel about 5 laps from the finish.
Could well be the series doesn't allow refuelling? If that's the case,shouldn't it be displayed somewhere before you start the race?

This.

kaa0s
13-06-2015, 09:53
It's still broken in 1.4. With active and fuel its not refueling in the Gt4 career with the bmw. Pitted twice in a row (from first sigh).

I'll reply to you on this post too, like on the other post, you can NOT refuel on GT4 career races. It is not allowed during qualifying or races. Only on practice. So you need to set up your fuel so that you can finish the race without refuelling. This is how the GT4 series works in real life, and it is how it works in the game too.

kaa0s
13-06-2015, 09:57
And you can view the series regulations on the menus. Also it is told to you when starting the series. (guessing lot of people skip the cutscenes explaining the rules though)

Lukeymonster
14-06-2015, 21:27
And you can view the series regulations on the menus. Also it is told to you when starting the series. (guessing lot of people skip the cutscenes explaining the rules though)

Correct. In the intro videos she'll explain the pit regulations. Clio Cup, GT5, GT4 and GT3 do NOT allow refueling during pit stops. Just tire changes and damage repair. These are the only series that I have run so I cannot confirm the other disciplines yet.