PDA

View Full Version : DLC's + Longevity

ToOSk3tChY
10-06-2015, 12:24
Before I go on I just want to say that I am really enjoying PCARS. I find the driving experience is great and far more intense and engaging than anything that I have played before and I'm pleased to see the new DLC land. I particularly like the Merc CLK. I'm not overly pleased that the DLC contains more GT Cars but hey ho we're all currently playing LMPGTPCARS right now, fine.

I know it's still early days yet but I just want to say this, increasing longevity in the game must require a bit more imagination as when everyone has exhausted what is already there its the players imagination that drives longevity.

Example - PCARS had an abundance of GT Cars already before the DLC but there are several AWD Road Cars that can't really be pitched up against each other, the R8, the Evo, the Merc. Same with FWD Road Cars. You can only run these in competition against them selves respectively. Most of these types of cars lack any real purpose in the game therefore become redundant IMO, especially since the cars I've mentioned above can't even compete that well in their class when it comes to Time Trial.

This is just me but I'd like to see the new 'ON DEMAND' feature introduce DLC's that each month give you several cars from a new type of Motorsport and perhaps tracks that feature in their series.

Thanks
ToOSk3tChY

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 13:11
Yeah, good idea man. I'd love a championship creator for the longevity issue.

ToOSk3tChY
10-06-2015, 14:21
A custom championship creator with live timing apps and leaderboard tables etc etc would be lethal! The options would have to satisfy all forms of motorsport and then all SMS would have to do is release cars and tracks and there'd be no need for any other game :D

PTG Baby Cow
10-06-2015, 14:30
highly doubt more than one track and or car is going to come in the on demand at a time. There would be no return on investment if they did full car packs as free on demand.

ToOSk3tChY
10-06-2015, 14:48
Maybe just as DLC then. I mean I'd pay for the DLC in this way and I'd be customizing my experience by 'bolting on' the motorsport types I like to race.

Ally_bassman
10-06-2015, 15:06
Everyone is going to want different things.

I personally don't care for the road cars much. I'd love to see more race cars and the ability to create custom championships offline.

Either way I'm still going to play this game!

*Counting the clock down until I can leave the office and jump back into the Bentley GT3........

Cheesenium
10-06-2015, 15:25
Everyone is going to want different things.

I personally don't care for the road cars much. I'd love to see more race cars and the ability to create custom championships offline.

Either way I'm still going to play this game!

*Counting the clock down until I can leave the office and jump back into the Bentley GT3........

Likewise, everyone wants different things.

As for me, I generally do not want much road cars as I find GTs or touring cars to be more interesting than road cars. Especially race cars from different era.

Scav3nger
10-06-2015, 15:32
Likewise, everyone wants different things.

As for me, I generally do not want much road cars as I find GTs or touring cars to be more interesting than road cars. Especially race cars from different era.

Two road cars, three race cars, five cars total seems like a good balance to me for regular packs (or one road car, two race cars for a smaller pack). Then possibly have groups if you get a manufacturer or series on board (examples, Nissan pack, Honda pack, BTCC pack, V8 Supercars pack).

ToOSk3tChY
11-06-2015, 08:08
Introducing new motorsports or building on the weaker areas of the roster was my main point. I wasn't specifically looking for more road cars. To be honest I'd rather they not be there and all the cars be real motorsport race cars. Give us some late 90's early 00's Rally Pack. A Modern Rally Cross Pack, A time attack pack, a JGTCC Pack a V8 SuperCars Pack a WTCC and '90s BTCC pack and a pack that strengthens the existing miscellaneous road vehicles roster. A car that can rival the evo, a car that can rival the focus etc etc... and stick the supercars unless its their race car equivalent lol.

My favourite cars by far and away are the Group 5 80's GT and Group A Touring they have character and sound gorgeous. For me the modern GT and LMP cars are great and impressive machines but they're the equivalent of mainstream pop music in the simracing world IMO. LeMan is coming though so I guess SMS may have wanted a more complete line up for when everyone becomes a LeMan racing driver for 24 minutes or hours or however long their girlfriends will let them drive down the Old Mulsanne :)

Thanks
S