PDA

View Full Version : Avon Tyres British GT Championship

NEPALII
10-06-2015, 14:02
I have just looked at the announcement of this championship on the main page of the website. I have to say, big congrats to SMS for getting this. I love competitive racing, and I have participated in quite a few leagues myself.

There is only one problem: Xbox One only! :( Are there any plans to expand this championship to other platforms? PC, for example? I'm actually surprised that Xbox was chosen, I'm assuming there are more people with a set of wheel/pedals on PC than Xbox. I'm not criticizing those with a controller, they deserve as much as the others, but seeing how PC is more "hardcore" and is the more powerful platform, I thought it would be the chosen one. Or even better, all 3 platforms would be available.

Great job in achieving this partnership and I would love to see this expand into other platforms. It's kinda like iRacing without ripping your wallet apart. :D

Irishnewblood
10-06-2015, 14:11
Why is this only on Xbox????

KK78
10-06-2015, 14:16
I'm gonna guess that consoles will outsell the PC version by some distance (open to been shot down on that though) and in this day and age if one major console platform comes to a relatively small studio to offer some cash for exclusivity then only a man with poo for brains would turn it down because, well, business and funds for future development.

And I'm on PS4 where it will likely turn up some time in the future.

NEPALII
10-06-2015, 14:23
Why is this only on Xbox????

Probably because of Microsoft. They may have paid to have Xbox host the championship. You know, marketing.

I'm sure this will probably expand to other platforms. That is, if this turns out to be a success and SMS decides to continue with this.