PDA

View Full Version : Formula A 2ng gear

Akamag
10-06-2015, 16:51
Just wondering if there is a know issue with 2nd gear on the formula A cars as whenever I drop into 2nd the back end steps out unrealistically.

Is this a know issue and if so is there any setup fix I can use

Thanks

Megalomanic87
10-06-2015, 16:52
Revs are probably too high while steering...

PTG Baby Cow
10-06-2015, 16:53
could also tune it out by raising the decel

GRTfast
10-06-2015, 17:00
I just blip the throttle when I downshift into second.

Akamag
10-06-2015, 18:06
Revs are probably too high while steering...
Having done some tinkering I found if I alter the gear ratio it fixes the issue
1st gear 261
2nd 200
3rd 170
Works a treat now I may need to tweak a little depending on track

Haiden
10-06-2015, 18:40
Just wondering if there is a know issue with 2nd gear on the formula A cars as whenever I drop into 2nd the back end steps out unrealistically.

Is this a know issue and if so is there any setup fix I can use

Thanks

I think it's actually very realistic, and can happen in just about any low to mid gear if you downshift into a high rev while cornering. There's only so much traction to go around. :)

Megalomanic87
11-06-2015, 04:56
1st gear 261
2nd 200
3rd 170

Good work my friend, every car has different characteristics and it can be difficult to adapt from different classes.

madmax2069
11-06-2015, 05:14
The first few gears you'll need to treat the throttle as if you're walking on egg shells (aka slowly roll into the throttle but stay away from giving it full throttle especially when in corners).

The car weights very little for the amount of power it produces (which will easily make it step out if you're too heavy on the throttle). Heck you'll even have to watch out about how much throttle you give it even in 3rd gear.

Quick and abrupt throttle changes in a lower gear will cause the car to be unstable (especially around corners).

You can try lowering the throttle sensitivity to try and keep this to a minimum.

Psychomatrix
26-07-2015, 08:40
1st gear 261
2nd 200
3rd 170

Thx for the hint. helped me a lot because on tracks like monaco I'm always struggled in 2nd gear corners.

John Hargreaves
26-07-2015, 09:25
I've noticed this, you can loosen up the deceleration lock in the diff, blip the throttle on downshifts, or just keep it in third that little bit longer. I think it's a subtle and realistic feature in the car, you have to have some mechanical sympathy rather than just ramming it into gear and let the game catch up like I normally do.