PDA

View Full Version : COCKPIT CAM SETTINGS HELP

Brent G
10-06-2015, 17:18
When in cockpit view I would like my cars instrument panel to stay in a fixed position as apposed to it moving for and aft. It kinda spoils the immersion for me because on certain cars you can see the pedals. How do i set this up, the lack of tool tips makes it difficult to understand what will do what. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

flymar
10-06-2015, 17:19
World Movement-->100
GForces:0
Speed sensitive FOV - OFF

Brent G
10-06-2015, 17:40
World Movement-->100
GForces:0
Speed sensitive FOV - OFF
Thankyou mate, saved me backing in n out of options and free practice to try different settings. Would be nice to have the ability to adjust in game.

Olijke Poffer
10-06-2015, 18:11
Strange, for me those option just add realism to the game. When you sit in a powerful car and hit the throttle your head will be thrown backwards which result in the feeling of your cockpit going forwards. But this is a personal preference of cours.

Haiden
10-06-2015, 18:36
Strange, for me those option just add realism to the game. When you sit in a powerful car and hit the throttle your head will be thrown backwards which result in the feeling of your cockpit going forwards. But this is a personal preference of cours.

I agree. If your FoV is tightly fixed, then you lose a lot of realism. Driving at high speed is hard because of these additional factors. But, like you said, it is a personal preference.

BiggNasty187
11-06-2015, 01:41
I don't know how everyone else does it, but I keep my field of view for the helmet cam set at 85. Works great for me as I can see everything.

Brent G
12-06-2015, 18:01
It was more about seeing the pedals or where the wheel was missing that made me want a fixed position. Ive owned 400+ bhp cars and I could never see the pedals when they came on full boost! You feel the acceleration g force pushing on your chest put it dont push you back so far that it changes your visual perspective. To be honest I really liked it when I was using a pad but now Ive moved to wheel it detracted from the realism for me. Ive just lessened the settings so as to minimalize the effects now and its perfect. Plus I figure race car drivers are harnessed into their fixed position (Recaro/Bride take your pick) seats super tight to minimise the posibility of moving around under g forces. Its nice now to have the cars intrument panel's sat pretty much perfect with the bottom of my T.V. Love this Racing title, just for a comparison I tried Forza Horizon with my new TX wheel and wow! cant believe I played and enjoyed such utter tripe. My fondness for Project Cars grows with each race, cant believe I nearly traded it in the day after realease because I didn't like it. I would seriously be missing out right now. Thank the lord for perseverance!