PDA

View Full Version : loved this game at first but now getting bored

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 19:20
i really loved this game when i first bought it, been 2 days since i last played and just cant get into the mood to play it.

im not going to list everything that puts me off as its mainly lil things and a few glaringing obvious things, for a simulator it simulates the cars/physics very well but the actual racing is missing so much detail.

for example when im about to cross the finish line i always go towards the pitwall and expect a chequered flag waving at me as i cross the line to take the win, no flag waving at me. told you it was little things but these little details do it for me

another example is when im on a qualli lap and the guy in front of me on the track is on a slowdown lap he does the right thing and lets me past but then i get a blue flag, warning for holding up the leaders and my laptime deemed invalid.

and another, the mods/devs on here seem to insist on us joining a league if we want clean racing, we ask for the ability for the host to kick out nuisance players or run with non contact but we just get the same reply about joining leagues or altering our driving just to accomodate poor driving skills.

just a few of many examples that are putting me off sticking with this game.

Umer Ahmad
10-06-2015, 19:27
well the good thing is the team is listening. Some of these missing "abilities" will be delivered soon. Definitely they want everyone to enjoy the game for a long time.

GT_Racing
10-06-2015, 19:30
i really loved this game when i first bought it, been 2 days since i last played and just cant get into the mood to play it.

im not going to list everything that puts me off as its mainly lil things and a few glaringing obvious things, for a simulator it simulates the cars/physics very well but the actual racing is missing so much detail.

for example when im about to cross the finish line i always go towards the pitwall and expect a chequered flag waving at me as i cross the line to take the win, no flag waving at me. told you it was little things but these little details do it for me

another example is when im on a qualli lap and the guy in front of me on the track is on a slowdown lap he does the right thing and lets me past but then i get a blue flag, warning for holding up the leaders and my laptime deemed invalid.

and another, the mods/devs on here seem to insist on us joining a league if we want clean racing, we ask for the ability for the host to kick out nuisance players or run with non contact but we just get the same reply about joining leagues or altering our driving just to accomodate poor driving skills.

1: The flag thing... Really?
2: I have never seen a lap invalidated for passing someone in qualifying. Since you are saying they let you through I am assuming this is online (where I play 99% of the time). I have never seen that happen TBH.
3: Agree 100% that the host needs to be able to kick people and that person should have a time limit before they can come back. It is ridiculous when you finally get the lobby to vote some dbag out and he just comes right back in.

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 19:43
yeah the flag thing, most important part of the race is winning and crossing the line and having the chequered flag waved at you is all part of it, its basic i know but its the details that immerse me into the game. yes i have a few videos saved of getting blue flags then qualli lap deemed invalid i will get them off the ps4 and post on youtube, im 100% on online dont play any other mode. and yes the host needs the abiltity to kick, some say that hosts will abuse it but im sure more people abuse the fact the cant get kicked unless voted out, which just encourages them more. on other racing games you tend to find if you have a race and 1 or 2 dbags are annoying everyone if you choose non contact racing next race they just leave then you change on next game and repeat if you have too.

GT_Racing
10-06-2015, 19:49
yeah the flag thing, most important part of the race is winning and crossing the line and having the chequered flag waved at you is all part of it, its basic i know but its the details that immerse me into the game. yes i have a few videos saved of getting blue flags then qualli lap deemed invalid i will get them off the ps4 and post on youtube, im 100% on online dont play any other mode. and yes the host needs the abiltity to kick, some say that hosts will abuse it but im sure more people abuse the fact the cant get kicked unless voted out, which just encourages them more. on other racing games you tend to find if you have a race and 1 or 2 dbags are annoying everyone if you choose non contact racing next race they just leave then you change on next game and repeat if you have too.

Ok. Just post the videos when you get the chance.

PS: You not capitalizing the words between your sentences makes your posts infinitely harder to read.

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 19:55
YeAh SoRrY mAn I sKiPpEd ScHoOl A lOt My BaD :)

Roger Prynne
10-06-2015, 20:17
To be fair he has got a point as I find it hard to read as well.

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 20:35
Don't understand how people get bored on a game like this.So many tracks to go at,and handles like a dream with my ps4 controller,easy once you change settings to the popular one everyone seems to be using.when your playing online no race is ever the same so imo its fun.I started off with Atari 2600,c64,amiga 1200,so appreciate what has gone into this game,a masterpiece of a sim. There are one or two issues and bugs,that will be sorted so just enjoy your life in the meantime play another game,but I really don't let it spoil it for me as they got the most important things right in this game.I can't believe I like it so much.

LordDRIFT
10-06-2015, 20:48
I don't get bored of the game but I find that I have to block time and plan my sessions because the experience is so involved. Practice-tune-practice-tune-quali-quali- race-race-repeat. I'm lucky to get two races in a two hour time frame. That's not to say its a bad thing but it does keep me from hopping on when I otherwise would.

roadend1981
10-06-2015, 21:02
To be fair I don't bother messing about tuning the cars on the game,just load up and drive!

Roger Prynne
10-06-2015, 21:04
To be fair I don't bother messing about tuning the cars on the game,just load up and drive!

Exactly, you have a choice and some don't get this.

jason
10-06-2015, 21:04
Ummm what's wrong with wanting a simple flag at the finish line ? makes complete sense to me being a racing game , I'll go one step further with yellow flags and pace car , safety car don't all these things play a large part in racing and make the hole experience more authentic isn't that what we are looking for? Or am I getting simulation of racing wrong ?

Why just simulate the cars is all I'm saying.

Roger Prynne
10-06-2015, 21:09
Safety Cars Discussion.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27349-Safety-Cars

LordDRIFT
10-06-2015, 21:22

Some car/AI/track/condition combos will not podium without optimization. That's a fact.

LordDRIFT
10-06-2015, 21:23
Exactly, you have a choice and some don't get this.

Some people choose not to use toilet paper. ...

Roger Prynne
10-06-2015, 21:27
Some car/AI/track/condition combos will not podium without optimization. That's a fact.
Perhaps he's not bothered about podiums and just want to race.

Some people choose not to use toilet paper. ...
Yeah very funny.

LordDRIFT
10-06-2015, 21:32
Perhaps he's not bothered about podiums and just want to race.

Yeah very funny.

I meant for me. But that's a part of what keeps me occupied. Don't want to sound like a dick, but this is a sim and tuning for track and conditions is inherent in racing.

LADY GEMMA JANE
10-06-2015, 21:33
You cannot get bored with PCars, try the new DLC

LordDRIFT
10-06-2015, 21:36
Don't understand how people get bored on a game like this.So many tracks to go at,and handles like a dream with my ps4 controller,easy once you change settings to the popular one everyone seems to be using.when your playing online no race is ever the same so imo its fun.I started off with Atari 2600,c64,amiga 1200,so appreciate what has gone into this game,a masterpiece of a sim. There are one or two issues and bugs,that will be sorted so just enjoy your life in the meantime play another game,but I really don't let it spoil it for me as they got the most important things right in this game.I can't believe I like it so much.

The Atari comparison is invalid. If they were able to do this on Atari technology then it would be valid - not to mention f**king incredible.

John Hargreaves
10-06-2015, 21:57
On the matter of the flag guy at the end, it has been suggested during development (I know cos I suggested it), just like the one they have in GT5-6. It may well come in due course, but SMS had to get the game out the door, so not everything made it in at the start. Most tracks have a guy in the box over the finish line now, and he is an animated character, so there is a chance we‘ll get a proper chequered flag dude sooner or later.
The way to do it is just to politely and professionally state a case for why something should be in the game, and something like this adds to the simulation aspect, so it usually gets looked on favourably, and just put the suggestion in the right threads.

IrideGravity
10-06-2015, 22:16
well the good thing is the team is listening. Some of these missing "abilities" will be delivered soon. Definitely they want everyone to enjoy the game for a long time.

I don't agree. Can name numerous threads being totally ignored. Threads asking for simple user requested features. Like being able to use the dual shock 4 at same time as the wheel. NO ANSWER after 4 weeks. There "looking into it", but they seem to be more interested in spreading disinformation, like it can't be done, or we're not sure if it can be done. Even though it's been done on other games. I finally gave up on that thread and an answer.
The honeymoon is over for me too and I find myself wishing the game was finished. Or would be fixed, but the priority is rolling out paid DLC? Not a good sign at all. Grab the money while you can before people realize the honeymoons over and we married an uncaring sloppy mess. That's the way to do it if you don't believe or plan to fix what you know is broken.

IrideGravity
10-06-2015, 22:30
[QUOTE=road "There are one or two issues and bugs,that will be sorted so just enjoy your life in the meantime play another game,but I really don't let it spoil it for me as they got the most important things right in this game.I can't believe I like it so much.[/QUOTE]

The "known issues" are in the area of 15-20. And it's a largely incomplete list. Just includes stuff they are working on.
The list of "missing features" is equally as long, but they are not even making a list for that. Probably won't be addressed.

1-2 bugs? Sorry. Was just laughable.

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 22:37
You cannot get bored with PCars, try the new DLC as far as i know there are no new openwheel cars and thats what im interested in so wont be buying the dlc, if a future dlc included something like the R25 F1 car i'd pay whatever they asked just for that 1 car207056 hint hint SMS

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 22:46
On the matter of the flag guy at the end, it has been suggested during development (I know cos I suggested it), just like the one they have in GT5-6. It may well come in due course, but SMS had to get the game out the door, so not everything made it in at the start. Most tracks have a guy in the box over the finish line now, and he is an animated character, so there is a chance we‘ll get a proper chequered flag dude sooner or later.
The way to do it is just to politely and professionally state a case for why something should be in the game, and something like this adds to the simulation aspect, so it usually gets looked on favourably, and just put the suggestion in the right threads. since you suggested it in development theres really no need for me to suggest it as they must know about it already and i wasn't suggesting it i was pointing out why im not being immersed totally into the game. and i do apologise if i came across as impolite or unprofessional it was not my intention, just sharing my thoughts about the racing simulation aspect of the game :)

Patrik Marek
10-06-2015, 22:50
it only took gran turismo 6 games to have guy with checkered flag,
Forza still haven't figured it out

these details - to me - make all that difference,

Grid Autosport is nowhere near as much fun to drive, but some of the things they are great example of how it should be done

- pitlane, full of cars and people , just like in real life ( pcars does have some, but it would be cool to see more people)
- talking with your team, asking them questions and getting updates , really cool immersion factor for me, it's great to have engineer talking to you, but being able to ask him makes him feel way more like real person
- when you finish the race, your team actually congratulates you ( or is this only in F1 series)
not sure if they have the guy waving flag

some additonal small things for me ( and I'm sure at least some are coming )
- LED panels for flags as used these days
- marshals actually waving flags (plus victory lap where they wave all flags)
- pit crew on the pit wall when you are finishing the race - if you are on top 3-5 places
- Safetycar + medical car
- marshals + working tow cars after crash ( yeah, I know it won't ever happen, but GP4 did have it sort of )

nothing from these is game breaker though, but would be really cool to have

MiZtErNiCe
10-06-2015, 23:17
pretty sure codemasters had it in there first attempt at F1 game in 2010 so it can be done, pretty easily i would assume if the guys already there in the box they just need to add a flag waving animation.

Patrik Marek
11-06-2015, 00:34
everything is easily done (somewhat), but takes time, and when you have 5000 simple things that each take a day to do , sudenly you're looking at 19 years of development.
and it's also about priorities,

but of course it was never question if it can be done, of course it can :) but will it ?

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 01:04
as far as i know there are no new openwheel cars and thats what im interested in so wont be buying the dlc, if a future dlc included something like the R25 F1 car i'd pay whatever they asked just for that 1 car207056 hint hint SMS

You wont see any non-ferrari cars in a non official F1 game because they (FOM) hold exclusive rights to the cars in video games and reserve them for official F1 games.

Edit: And it may be Ferrari's too since they removed them in Gran Turismo 6. I am confused by the presence of the Lotus in Forza so maybe things have changed.

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 01:45
Doesnt Assetto Corsa have the Caterham or Marussia?

IrideGravity
11-06-2015, 02:42
Spam spam spam. Comments buried are on previous page. Blah blah blah.

danpinho
11-06-2015, 04:38
Sometimes people just want attention.
This SIM is just outstanding even without the "most important part of the race" on it. An amazing, half black squares, half white squares, made of fabric and maybe with a wood stick attached on it, AKA Chequered flag.

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 04:51

You're creating a lot of it.

GT_Racing
11-06-2015, 05:32

Sorry about that. We got off topic talking about F1 licensing. The mods can delete my comments if they want.

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 05:36
I don't agree. Can name numerous threads being totally ignored. Threads asking for simple user requested features. Like being able to use the dual shock 4 at same time as the wheel. NO ANSWER after 4 weeks. There "looking into it", but they seem to be more interested in spreading disinformation, like it can't be done, or we're not sure if it can be done. Even though it's been done on other games. I finally gave up on that thread and an answer.
The honeymoon is over for me too and I find myself wishing the game was finished. Or would be fixed, but the priority is rolling out paid DLC? Not a good sign at all. Grab the money while you can before people realize the honeymoons over and we married an uncaring sloppy mess. That's the way to do it if you don't believe or plan to fix what you know is broken.

Another infraction please mods. I've just read his other threads abusing our staff.

MiZtErNiCe
11-06-2015, 10:03
Sometimes people just want attention.
This SIM is just outstanding even without the "most important part of the race" on it. An amazing, half black squares, half white squares, made of fabric and maybe with a wood stick attached on it, AKA Chequered flag. actually i didn't say the chequered flag was "thee" most important i said winning the race is most important and that includes the waving of a chequered flag. it amazes me people cant just respect other peoples opinions and move on without having a sly dig. im not seeking attention we call it a conversation here.

John Hargreaves
11-06-2015, 17:15
since you suggested it in development theres really no need for me to suggest it as they must know about it already and i wasn't suggesting it i was pointing out why im not being immersed totally into the game. and i do apologise if i came across as impolite or unprofessional it was not my intention, just sharing my thoughts about the racing simulation aspect of the game :)
Yeah sorry mate, I wasn‘t referring to you at all, certainly not having a dig, it was much more just a general point prompted by the ideas in your post :rolleyes:

Ramshackle
11-06-2015, 17:56
I can definitely see why people are getting fed up with the dirty racers online. I had an incident lastnight on Le Mans that annoyed the hell out of me. Did a 5 lap race and built up a healthy lead. Spun out on the last lap but was still comfortably infront (or so I thought) with a 5 second lead. I slow down for the last chicane and someone comes flying past me at a ridiculous speed on the grass (completely cutting out the chicane). The penalty wasn't enough to slow him down before the finish line and he steals the win... at which point I turned off the game and played something else.

Stuff like that really kills my enthusiasm to play this game.

Patrik Marek
11-06-2015, 19:36
I can definitely see why people are getting fed up with the dirty racers online. I had an incident lastnight on Le Mans that annoyed the hell out of me. Did a 5 lap race and built up a healthy lead. Spun out on the last lap but was still comfortably infront (or so I thought) with a 5 second lead. I slow down for the last chicane and someone comes flying past me at a ridiculous speed on the grass (completely cutting out the chicane). The penalty wasn't enough to slow him down before the finish line and he steals the win... at which point I turned off the game and played something else.

Stuff like that really kills my enthusiasm to play this game.

it happens in pretty much every game, people are cheaters, they want to win even if they are not good enough,
hopefully there is some ranking where people who don't race clean will race with same type of people

MULTIVITZ
11-06-2015, 20:01
since you suggested it in development theres really no need for me to suggest it as they must know about it already and i wasn't suggesting it i was pointing out why im not being immersed totally into the game. and i do apologise if i came across as impolite or unprofessional it was not my intention, just sharing my thoughts about the racing simulation aspect of the game :)

Yeah mate, I get it all the time. I think alot of the members don't have an adequate command of English and just attack by habit.
The games here, I personally think things will improve very quickly.
The checkered flag would have to be activated when the lead car passes a predetermined point before the finish line, I'm sure we will get a pleasant suprise at some point.
I'm not bored, boredom is a quality of a, tiered, low creative mind. When experiencing this game the immersion factor is rather addictive, once one has digested this, other shortfalls come to light. Nothing serious, but for some its too tragic. Not bored, just a bit fatigued?

Steam
11-06-2015, 20:16
So many cars and tracks to test.

Career mode, online mode. And you are bored?

Go troll to another place.

Ramshackle
11-06-2015, 20:17
it happens in pretty much every game, people are cheaters, they want to win even if they are not good enough,
hopefully there is some ranking where people who don't race clean will race with same type of people

I do think the "lawlessness" is especially bad in Project Cars. I've never experienced things like three players working together to block narrow parts of the track on any other racing game. And I've never experienced such a huge ratio of players who's sole purpose seems to be spoiling the race of as many people as possible. It's a shame because the racing online can be incredible. I had huge hopes for this game and it's delivered in pretty much every area... but multiplayer desperately needs boundries set to combat the bad sports and race wreckers, otherwise people will just move onto the next racing game in the hope that things are better. I still want to be playing Project Cars next year, but I can't see myself playing it for the next few months if something isn't done with multiplayer soon.

MiZtErNiCe
11-06-2015, 23:44
So many cars and tracks to test.

Career mode, online mode. And you are bored?

Go troll to another place. whilst you're stirring i'l have 1 sugar in my tea thanks :) mmm good old fashioned english tea too

MiZtErNiCe
11-06-2015, 23:55
I do think the "lawlessness" is especially bad in Project Cars. I've never experienced things like three players working together to block narrow parts of the track on any other racing game. And I've never experienced such a huge ratio of players who's sole purpose seems to be spoiling the race of as many people as possible. It's a shame because the racing online can be incredible. I had huge hopes for this game and it's delivered in pretty much every area... but multiplayer desperately needs boundries set to combat the bad sports and race wreckers, otherwise people will just move onto the next racing game in the hope that things are better. I still want to be playing Project Cars next year, but I can't see myself playing it for the next few months if something isn't done with multiplayer soon. totally agree mulitplayer is mayhem just now, played a bit tonight got told i was cheating as i was 4 secs a lap faster than everyone else in qualli around donington yet i was only doing 1min 08secs and knew what was coming in the race, cars flying at me from every angle, still won though lol im guessing jealousy plays a big part. Played a decent game around spa with a guy who could match my times, we even made it through eau rouge side by side at start with no contact at all, pulled a bit of a lead over him but got eager with the throttle 2nd last corner and spun with 3 laps to go he took the lead and got the win but only by .102 of a sec, instant friend request sent and hope to have more races like this, only thing that let it down was there was no chequered flag at end lol

SpecialForcesST6
12-06-2015, 04:27

One word for you, "Iracing"

That has the racing your looking for (PC)

SpecialForcesST6
12-06-2015, 04:28

Me too.

jason
12-06-2015, 04:55
I feel for you guys that are racing with people who are complete boneheads , I'm in a happy place at the moment with project cars multiplayer , I have found a awesome bunch of Australians (around 20 of us ) that race most nights and are very competitive and respectful when it comes to driving line and race educate ........ The most fun I have had a console in years and I mean years ....... Thanks to Haze , Rooz Yoshi and everyone else.

Everything is 207318

MiZtErNiCe
12-06-2015, 14:11

That has the racing your looking for (PC) im on ps4 m8

Luke Townsend
12-06-2015, 14:23

That has the racing your looking for (PC)

Well I played iRacing for 18 months about 4 years ago and I don't really think it is the silver bullet. Car choice is limited especially before you fork out for more cars (and they also need tracks to be purchased for their seasons). Summit Point and Lime Rock tracks can only keep one interested for a while lol. But for me (maybe I'm lacking skill, probably) were the penalties for exceeding track limits. I was concentrating so much not putting wheels outside the white line, in the end I realised it more like a brain exercise than fun. I'm all for sensible policing of multi-player but iRacing takes it a bit far IMHO.

MiZtErNiCe
12-06-2015, 14:58
the penalties for exceeding track limits in PC is a bit weird to me, you can cut full corners but put a wheel on the grass on a straight and you get penalised, it invalidates next lap if you touch the grass in sector 3 even if you still have a few corners left to go. :confused:

Luke Townsend
12-06-2015, 16:04
the penalties for exceeding track limits in PC is a bit weird to me, you can cut full corners but put a wheel on the grass on a straight and you get penalised, it invalidates next lap if you touch the grass in sector 3 even if you still have a few corners left to go. :confused:

Corner cuttings are known about and are being addressed, if I remember correctly from posts on this forum. So those will be dealt with in time.

Patrik Marek
13-06-2015, 01:56
I do think the "lawlessness" is especially bad in Project Cars. I've never experienced things like three players working together to block narrow parts of the track on any other racing game. And I've never experienced such a huge ratio of players who's sole purpose seems to be spoiling the race of as many people as possible. It's a shame because the racing online can be incredible. I had huge hopes for this game and it's delivered in pretty much every area... but multiplayer desperately needs boundries set to combat the bad sports and race wreckers, otherwise people will just move onto the next racing game in the hope that things are better. I still want to be playing Project Cars next year, but I can't see myself playing it for the next few months if something isn't done with multiplayer soon.

perhaps it's new, and more kids these day have ps4/xb1 etc.
there can't be reason why it would attract people who only want to spoil the race

there should be a way to filter these eventually, not sure if it was implemented, but it was certainly planned.

that's imo why iRacing works, becasue being troll has consequences, and if you lose you rating and can't race, then you are pretty much done, improving your rating takes a lot of clean races.

this are definitey being worked on, as you can see with recent patches where it's actually fixing things that people complain about, rather then some developers check-list that nobody cares about *cough, Kunos *cough

we have lot of choices so yep,
every sim out there has it's good sides and bad sides, so in the end it's up for everyone to go with the one that works best for him

but here I at least feel like our wishes/complaints actually matter,

MiZtErNiCe
13-06-2015, 10:14
kind of surprised though that a game made by the racing community would let the multiplayer turn out like this, i mean how hard is it to realise that the host should be able to kick nuisance drivers out the lobby and most of this multiplayer bashing on here would not even happen, yet we are told to adjust "our" driving to accomodate these trouble makers or join a league, if thats the case why is there not a league system built into the game? cos it would take too much time and probably be too hard to impliment.

and on this very subject it feels like we dont get listened too as we get the same answer everytime about joining leagues or adjusting our driving to accomodate these nuisance drivers.

So the corner cutting is being worked on, does that mean the leaderboards will be reset? community events cancelled?

Flaw3dGenius
13-06-2015, 11:21
kind of surprised though that a game made by the racing community would let the multiplayer turn out like this, i mean how hard is it to realise that the host should be able to kick nuisance drivers out the lobby and most of this multiplayer bashing on here would not even happen, yet we are told to adjust "our" driving to accomodate these trouble makers or join a league, if thats the case why is there not a league system built into the game? cos it would take too much time and probably be too hard to impliment.

and on this very subject it feels like we dont get listened too as we get the same answer everytime about joining leagues or adjusting our driving to accomodate these nuisance drivers.

So the corner cutting is being worked on, does that mean the leaderboards will be reset? community events cancelled?

What i dont understand is why no penalty system for crashers? They rear end you using you as a brake then give them a warning, Next time they do it in race they get disqualified!

MiZtErNiCe
13-06-2015, 13:15
What i dont understand is why no penalty system for crashers? They rear end you using you as a brake then give them a warning, Next time they do it in race they get disqualified!

at a race start yesterday i got punted from behind as i got a bad launch, car spun and hit the barrier and bounced off it sending me backwards just a tiny little bit which made me hit a car coming from the back of the grid at pace and i got disquallified for it. so there seems to be code for dsq certain crashes but it cant be working correct for it to do that.

Beagle Five
13-06-2015, 13:23
I am sorry to say but the problem with the Gtr games all along is that there isnt anything to win/unlock!

Ask a kid if he want to wirk for his treat or just get it right away, he will say: give me it!
Then after its done... Then what?
You need motivation to work/practice/get better, unlocks gives that motivation.

Am I talking about a total grindfest?! No. Just an ordinary ladder of unlocks, made to be able to finish it within reasonable time frame, but with much skill!

Its only a grindfest if the game is actually bad! Or if the goal is set waaaaay to high, high as in "do 2 million laps on le mans".

Santa2515
13-06-2015, 13:57
I have 3 gripes..

1) You spend a lot of time qualifying to get a good grid position, Come the race, first corner, and some numpty punts you up the *rse... because you brake to get your optimum line ... you invariably drop 5-6 or more places, and they pack leaves you behind... the numpty who punted you loses nothing!

2) Non -fault contact, time penaltys. Again, some numpty taps you or punts you off into a spin, and then someone else runs into you, Or you take evasive action to avoid somone who has a massive spin in front of you, you get a lap time penalty for contact!

3) Pole position on one lap! My inderstanding of the hot lap for pole is a minimum of 3 laps 99% of a full lap from your pit exit to the start / finish line. 100% lap for you qualifying lap time - 99% of a full lap for your return to the pit...

The amount of times ive been out for the full qualifying session 5 laps, my display shows P1/XX and at the end of qualifying your in second place to someone with 1 lap, and youve never even seen them on track!!

Mart

IrideGravity
13-06-2015, 20:40
I have 3 gripes..

1) You spend a lot of time qualifying to get a good grid position, Come the race, first corner, and some numpty punts you up the *rse... because you brake to get your optimum line ... you invariably drop 5-6 or more places, and they pack leaves you behind... the numpty who punted you loses nothing!

2) Non -fault contact, time penaltys. Again, some numpty taps you or punts you off into a spin, and then someone else runs into you, Or you take evasive action to avoid somone who has a massive spin in front of you, you get a lap time penalty for contact!

3) Pole position on one lap! My inderstanding of the hot lap for pole is a minimum of 3 laps 99% of a full lap from your pit exit to the start / finish line. 100% lap for you qualifying lap time - 99% of a full lap for your return to the pit...

The amount of times ive been out for the full qualifying session 5 laps, my display shows P1/XX and at the end of qualifying your in second place to someone with 1 lap, and youve never even seen them on track!!

Mart

Your quali system is weird, wrong for Motorsport, and definitely wrong for this game. All the numpty's could easily invalidate everyone's quali if it required you to put in three clean laps.
Only takes one clean lap to set a time and it needs to stay that way.
Not sure which wonky series your talking about, but quali has always been the single fastest lap in all forms I watch.

MiZtErNiCe
14-06-2015, 10:33
lots of things wrong in qualli, last night for example we were at bathurst, the guy who was in number 1 postition before we even done a lap just sat camped on the racing line through a fast blind corner wrecking everyone as they came around, he gets no penalty, was able to stay there the whole time and claim pole like it as some grand achievment. does my head in that stupidity like that can happen but even more that a game made by the racing community allowed it to work like this.

PropaneCrazy
14-06-2015, 10:58
I'm also finding this game very difficult to keep playing it's just too soulless.

IrideGravity
14-06-2015, 22:59
I'm also finding this game very difficult to keep playing it's just too soulless.

You would be soulless too, like Frankenstein if all the parts they made you with were busted up.
Setup=legs. Don't save=broken
Career=heart AI +rain or more than 5 laps = busted

Online= the soul and only component with a legit chance to work before project cars 2. But alas, players can't be trusted not to ruin it.

Bob_bob
15-06-2015, 03:25
You would be soulless too, like Frankenstein if all the parts they made you with were busted up.
Setup=legs. Don't save=broken
Career=heart AI +rain or more than 5 laps = busted

Online= the soul and only component with a legit chance to work before project cars 2. But alas, players can't be trusted not to ruin it.

It's said qwerty people who have something to say can't sy it without other people saying bad things.

Pointing out flaws is how things change.

I agree great simulator.

Very poor game.

If you don't get it don't reply.

Game lacks so mich to make it a good game. User options, menus, online play, friend play. Ex. Can't see friends time trials. Hell, you can't see your own time for about 5mins. What the hell, it takes that long to get an update. I do a time trial and for mins it says I don't have a time, I never played it.

Simply thing like menu. It always says 'quit' no matter what the action will be. It takes some time to figure out its not quitting it's quitting that screen. Sometimes it quit and not save and some times it quit and save. Quit and she is weird. When your done with the race and don't want to continue to next race is quit. It's the little things how about "go back to race center". It's not quitting. Little things.

When I start a race about 30% of the time, no engine sounds, I have to restart so many time to get sound.

Don't get me started on the rain and ai, complete career break to the point you can't play in career mode anymore. You bet that feature was not even tested, made a change and didn't test. To many people reporting it, it does it on every heavy rain.

I like the 5000 little things that take a day and it would take 17 years. Miderator lack tact. It's people voicing their oppinon and you get snide remarks because you disagree with them. Very professional.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 03:33
It's said qwerty people who have something to say can't sy it without other people saying bad things.

Pointing out flaws is how things change.

I agree great simulator.

Very poor game.

If you don't get it don't reply.

Game lacks so mich to make it a good game. User options, menus, online play, friend play. Ex. Can't see friends time trials. Hell, you can't see your own time for about 5mins. What the hell, it takes that long to get an update. I do a time trial and for mins it says I don't have a time, I never played it.

Simply thing like menu. It always says 'quit' no matter what the action will be. It takes some time to figure out its not quitting it's quitting that screen. Sometimes it quit and not save and some times it quit and save. Quit and she is weird. When your done with the race and don't want to continue to next race is quit. It's the little things how about "go back to race center". It's not quitting. Little things.

When I start a race about 30% of the time, no engine sounds, I have to restart so many time to get sound.

Don't get me started on the rain and ai, complete career break to the point you can't play in career mode anymore. You bet that feature was not even tested, made a change and didn't test. To many people reporting it, it does it on every heavy rain.

I like the 5000 little things that take a day and it would take 17 years. Miderator lack tact. It's people voicing their oppinon and you get snide remarks because you disagree with them. Very professional.
Was ok until the end, do not insult staff.

Bob_bob
15-06-2015, 03:42
I did that because i find some of the staffs comments to people commenting to be rude and unprofessional. I would not except them to speak to people. I can understand how tough it is to keep an up beat tone with comment after comment but that is what they are paid for or signed up for. its little remarks nothing out front rude but has a hint of rude, and we are consumers who want to play what we bought. You have career mode that is complelty unplayable now u less you give up and lose some of those short races.

I can live sound not working 30% of the races, menus options not swing. Or menu option kind of working like rain drops, works in certain view but not working in others.

I can even take not knowing what have of the menu options means and can't find anything about them in the manual.

But when you get to game breaking stuff and then hear about visual affects upgrade and taking the time to change on screen writing to be more visible. Hear game breaks first then visuals next and then worry about dlc.

But it's me, can be great but 6 to 8 months from now.

MonoBarrientos
15-06-2015, 05:53
In my opinion, when works correctly, the game is great (graphically beauty, 60 fps is a great thing very important in this genre, the different car drifting are well recreated, and for me the IA is very challenging- maybe i am not so expert gamer- , etc) .... The only problem is the severity of bugs/glitches or wherever they called.....i don't remember bugs so severe in other games. For example, still the sound turns off and you must restart, but ok that problem is ugly but is not so severe, and happens sometimes in other games. Have solution and no consequences. Still the HUD changes not saved correctly (retro view mirror). That affect the gameplay....not "so" severe but disturbing (even if problem like that is new for me)
But controls problems (my first great problem was suddenly control became crazy) are very severe, or fatal, because some users more angry loss the patience (with reason). In my case, the consequence was loss all the progress (various races 1st) because in desesperation, i restart all.
Other problem, the "game locked", ok have solution (game non advice to you and suddenly is unlocked), but also give reason to users to loss patience.
So, maybe the number of problems are no too much, but some of they are very severe....
I hope the main problems can be solved.....if that happens, Project Cars will be one of the best in this genre and maybe new great franchise. I love racing games in general , arcade and sims equally (since super monaco gp and virtua racing in genesis until wipeout series, gran turismo, asset corsa etc) and i understand that modern games are more complex and every time more complex!! (and users every time more demanding) so maybe today make games are more difficult than before..so well, i hope problems can be solved.
sorry for my bad english
Regards

MiZtErNiCe
26-06-2015, 11:50
thought i'd have some time on other games but came back onto P Cars yesterday, joined an online session, 16 player multiplayer race, 10 laps, 60mins qualli, spa. Race starts with 12 of us and everything seems ok then i get back to finish line and 4 cars on track made it impossible to go flat out down to eau rouge, didn't quit though just kept at it, every lap there was more cars at the start/finish line and on lap 7 i counted all 11 cars blocking the start finish straight, when i finished the race it was only me left in the session yet all these cars left strewn across the track, wtf! so i join another lobby with only 6 players with no qualli, race start sequence starts up and my car drops onto another car flips over and is facing backwards, wtf! the simulation aspect of the cars is as good as i have ever seen but the rest of the game is well below the standard i expected.

Warren1571
26-06-2015, 12:53
thought i'd have some time on other games but came back onto P Cars yesterday, joined an online session, 16 player multiplayer race, 10 laps, 60mins qualli, spa. Race starts with 12 of us and everything seems ok then i get back to finish line and 4 cars on track made it impossible to go flat out down to eau rouge, didn't quit though just kept at it, every lap there was more cars at the start/finish line and on lap 7 i counted all 11 cars blocking the start finish straight, when i finished the race it was only me left in the session yet all these cars left strewn across the track, wtf! so i join another lobby with only 6 players with no qualli, race start sequence starts up and my car drops onto another car flips over and is facing backwards, wtf! the simulation aspect of the cars is as good as i have ever seen but the rest of the game is well below the standard i expected.

I've played nearly every racing game/sim on PlayStation consoles since the PSone was released. Project cars is the best race simulator ever on console without a doubt. If you are bored already and its not what you expected then I am confused ��.... Maybe driving sims aren't for you. Yes, there are a few bugs, but overall this is amazing race sim. Looks fantastic and force feedback and handling are superb. If your online experience is sucking then either you are racing in the wrong lobbies or experiencing glitches I haven't seen. Hope you stick with it and can enjoy it as much as I am. After years of grinding in Gran Turismo, Project Cars is like a big breath of fresh air!

MiZtErNiCe
27-08-2015, 09:29
so after that last disaster at spa i have not played, put the game in few days ago and low and behold all my time trial times deleted. Im getting sick of this with racing games. Just out of curiosity why were the time trial times deleted??
still no pit crew? well thats no surprise. The pit stops themselves are laughable, a estimated 8 second pit stop takes 30 secs, the tyres cant be changed while fuel is added and top it all off when you come out the pitlane you still get the penalty for track cutting, sigh :-(
You get penalised for making mistakes, lost the rear end car slid out of track limits, 5 sec slowdown penalty even though you lose time when you spin off track. Im actually amazed i have stuck with it so long.

m355y
27-08-2015, 12:05
I'm in the middle of quite a lull at the moment in playing PC. I spent hours on it at first, but the lack of enthusiasm at the moment I think is due to not being able to select your opponents - recreating a Le Mans 24 Hours race became annoying very quickly because I was fighting with cars I really shouldn't have been like BMW V12LMRs and lapping Radicals - LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and you've instantly got a far better game in terms of realism. It's the niggly little things, the fact it's 90% of the way to being pretty much THE ultimate racing enthusiast's plaything, but that missing 10% infuriates me because it's so damn close.

MiZtErNiCe
27-08-2015, 16:02
i'd have to disagree when you say its the "ultimate racing enthusiasts plaything" as a lot of the "racing" aspects are not simulated, its more like an "ultimate car enthusiasts plaything".
Its more like a track-day sim than a racing sim IMO

wyldanimal
28-08-2015, 01:05
For Off-Line, driving against the AI, pCars is my got to game of choice for Off-Line fun.
But for On-Line multi player.
GT6 is still my choice.
at present time, I drive with a couple different groups.
One Group just celebrated it's 4th Year Anniversary ( GT5 and GT6 )
and the 2nd Group will soon Celebrate it's 3rd Year Anniversary.

So, I can't quite tell you what that Magic is, but GT has managed to Keep us Entertained weekly for more than 4 years.

One thing that troubles me in Project Cars is the Collision Physics.
Mostly, the Magnetic cars ( where two cars get Stuck together ) really spoils the SIM aspect of the Close tight racing.
a Slight Bump, and Both of you are out of the race. When it should have been just a bump with no huge consequence.
or if you tap the car in front, both cars loose all steering ability, till that Effect wears off, but then your tires for some reason, are very slippery after that.

yeah, I've heard all the "it's called a Pit Move" explanations..
But, it's just Overly not real.. too much Entanglement..

the 2nd big enjoyment killer for me is the crash into nothing issue.
It must happen once a night for me...

Hands down pCars, Graphically the Best 60 fps Driver out there..
Drive Club is only 30 fps, but it's also got great eye candy..

But the Eye Candy is Not what I base my Driving experience on..

It's the Enjoyment Factor...
So Far there are just a few things missing in Project Cars

So there you have it...
pCars for Off-Line driving against the AI. Really Like having 35 or more cars on track at the same time..
and GT6 for On-Line Multi-player

Once the On-Line aspect of pCars improves,
I'm sure it will draw me away, so long as my friends do to.

and that is one of the Biggest parts of the On-line experience.
having a dedicated group of Friends who enjoy it as much as you do.
and that takes time to establish.

Looking forward to Enjoying pCars for a few good years.
Let's make it Happen!

m355y
28-08-2015, 06:48
i'd have to disagree when you say its the "ultimate racing enthusiasts plaything" as a lot of the "racing" aspects are not simulated, its more like an "ultimate car enthusiasts plaything".

That's EXACTLY my point though. It's nearly there, but not.

Racing a full pack of GT3 cars is close to the best experience I've ever had in a racing game. The rest of it falls short of that standard at the moment and it's about little things like realistic multiclass grids.

julesdennis
28-08-2015, 09:49

Spot on mate.