PDA

View Full Version : personal bests for each track

JohnyHerbertLovesCake
10-06-2015, 20:15
Am I missing something or is it impossible to see personal best times for each track and car? When I start a free practice the times are N/A so I've got no idea what I've managed in the past. How are they set because it doesn't seem like any tracks have a time for me?

GT_Racing
10-06-2015, 20:53
Ive experienced the same thing. All of mine say N/A.

Fight-Test
10-06-2015, 21:51
I think time trial is the only place that saves them. I might be wrong but it seems that on the leaderboard I only have times for tracks I did in time trial.

SpaceMachine
10-06-2015, 21:59
TT is the only mode that will save your best times. Functionality is a little limited for now, until SMS add some filtering for individual cars.

JohnyHerbertLovesCake
10-06-2015, 21:59
That seems a bit dumb. Can understand separating the times for trials, practice and races but should at least display what they are. Bit like how you can't see any times after a race other than the gaps, not even the best lap time is there. Would've expected a racing sim to go nuts with all that kind of stuff.

SpaceMachine
10-06-2015, 22:05
I can understand the decision to level the playing field by recording times in TT only, but agree with you about the post-race timings - there should be more detail available. I think there are numerous bugs with the way laps are recorded, most notably the delta and potential timings. Not to mention the dubious track limits in some cases...

JohnyHerbertLovesCake
10-06-2015, 22:22
They should keep TT for official leader boards but also display PB's for free practice and races. I go in to free practice without knowing what I'm aiming for.

SpaceMachine
10-06-2015, 22:33
I go in to free practice without knowing what I'm aiming for.

I understand your pain :)

If you were to set some PBs in TT however, it would only serve to exacerbate the problem. Set a PB in TT with a Formula A, and that will stand as your PB in all other modes for all cars in the open-wheel class - start a Formula C race or practice and your PB will be that from your Formula A (or whatever) lap in TT.

Dumb :confused:

IrideGravity
10-06-2015, 22:50
I understand your pain :)

If you were to set some PBs in TT however, it would only serve to exacerbate the problem. Set a PB in TT with a Formula A, and that will stand as your PB in all other modes for all cars in the open-wheel class - start a Formula C race or practice and your PB will be that from your Formula A (or whatever) lap in TT.

Dumb :confused:

Or broken might be an apt description as well.