PDA

View Full Version : for that attention of Ian bell

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 06:59
This is not attacking no one I just want answers on why this game got delayed and released as a finished product

Here's Slightly Mad Studio's Ian Bell on the latest delay:

Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate.
We're absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that's what they'll receive.
Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.
And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we're sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.

And then Ian Bell replied to a post saying the game isn't finished and won't be finished for ages

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:02
No game is finished at launch. Only finished to an nth degree. Otherwise it'd never launch.

Edit: Also note the following sentance
"we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one"
I can see why that can be confused for "Finished".

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 07:03
And then Ian Bell replied to a post saying the game isn't finished and won't be finished for ages

This makes me happy because means that the game will be supported for years to come !! :)

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:04
Ian Bell words There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.

I have a right to ask this as I am paying customer

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:06
Read my edit stella

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:06
Hey welcome back, you posted the same thing under different names in the last few days.

Let me give your new persona a chance. I'm a filthy liar. Hence the fact that I said we delayed to finish the game, but really didn't.

There you go now. None of the other answers seemed to be what you wanted to hear so I hope this gets through.

JimStick1
11-06-2015, 07:07
No one is arguing your right to ask questions.

Out of interest though, say Mr Bell did come in here and completely agree with you. What action would you like to see taken?

{edit} Usurped by the man himself. Ha!

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:09
Ian why do you attack any one that is just wanting answers I have not offered any one

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 07:10
Free entertainment for a sleepless night, that's what this thread is.

Ian Bell
Welcome back Gonzo.

GonzoFK

Platform
PC
Quote Originally Posted by Irishnewblood View Post
Mate, can I ask you what misleading information?? not looking for an argument, genuinely interested because I can't seem to think of any?

This is a statement made by Ian Bell regarding the last time Project CARS was delayed.

Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate.
We're absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that's what they'll receive.
Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.
And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we're sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.

This bit in bold where the claim is made there is small issues and bugs and only 0.1% seems to be false.
I was also assured of a ground breaking experience and that turned out to be false aswell as the game had so many issues.
On day one and even today, the game is by far from it's most complete and polished state.

Ian Bell
Ian why do you attack any one that is just wanting answers I have not offered any one

But I didn't attack you, why do you say such a thing? I merely finally admitted to my filthy lies.

You're intentionally disrupting the forum, you've been given the answer but don't want to hear it.

TenthDan
11-06-2015, 07:11
Ian Bell words There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.

I have a right to ask this as I am paying customer

Just so we understand where you are coming from, please list the recent games you've bought that exactly met expectations, were not hyped at all and had no bugs or issues on release?

I'll wait.

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:12
Game companies shouldn't release unfinished games what about the paying customers that don't use Internet they end up with a game that's not finished

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:12
Just so we understand where you are coming from, please list the recent games you've bought that exactly met expectations, were not hyped at all and had no bugs or issues on release?

I'll wait.

Ooh ooh I got one!! Watch_Dogs... err no wait... umm Battlefield 4!! Umm no... damn. How about... uhh, nevermind.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 07:13

the best defense is attack. Joking apart, where you see attack and to whom

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:13
Game companies shouldn't release unfinished games what about the paying customers that don't use Internet they end up with a game that's not finished

I agree, but in this instance we couldn't resist the lure of filthy lucre. So we put it out unfinished.

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:14
the best defense is attack. Joking apart, where you see attack and to whom

There is no attack, you see, Gonzo had the response I'd give so strongly pre-empted he couldn't vary from the script.

Alan Dallas
"To err is human."

TrevorAustin

People shouldn't be buying modern games if they don't have the internet, seriously. And how do those people post on forums without the internet?

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 07:16
There is no attack, you see, Gonzo had the response I'd give so strongly pre-empted he couldn't vary from the script.
Mr Ian im joking :) sorry for my english.... :)

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 07:17

That telepathic internet connection of yours must be some kind of sorcery

Ian Bell
Gonzo clearly has no internet, that would pull the rug out from under his complaint. So he's communicating here via the power of carrier pigeon.

Ian Bell
Mr Ian im joking :) sorry for my english.... :)

I know. I'm joining in.

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:19
No of the other game companies delayed the game over and over and release a statement saying the they delayed the game to fix bugs and make sure the game was working 100%

TenthDan
11-06-2015, 07:20

That's great and all, but please list the top tier games that are 'finished' recently and didn't require patches shortly after release?

I'm still waiting.

madmax2069
11-06-2015, 07:21
Oh man, not this again.

Can someone flog me over the head and knock me out, hopefully by the time I come too it will be over with.

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:21
Hey!! At least one person got my reference to “An Essay on Criticism,” by Alexander Pope. :D Thanks SOi TheReaper

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:22
No of the other game companies delayed the game over and over and release a statement saying the they delayed the game to fix bugs and make sure the game was working 100%

I know it. We are in fact the worst ever liars. I agree with you.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 07:23

That's a lie. Personally I have not bought a game that is 100% ready.

ps. offcourse i does not talk about Pacman game. I mean sims

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:23
Gonzo clearly has no internet, that would pull the rug out from under his complaint. So he's communicating here via the power of carrier pigeon.

You should be ashamed of your self calling me Gonzo and your head of a gaming studio this is no way to talk to paying customer that pays for your wagers

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:24
You should be ashamed of your self calling me Gonzo and your head of a gaming studio this is no way to talk to paying customer that pays for your wagers

I am indeed totally ashamed. What can I ever do to repay this hell you're going through, in your third persona posting the same thing over and over?

PS, I haven't had a bet in ages...

JimStick1
11-06-2015, 07:25

Welcome to modern day game dev. Games are far more complex these days than they ever have been in the past, meaning they not only take much longer to develop, but even longer to optimise. The reason PR doesn't talk about this kind of thing is because they don't know how to deal with extended development periods yet.

Slightly off-topic, but this is why we are seeing a bajillion HD remakes of old games at the moment. Publishers need to fill their release roster and all the new IP's are taking much longer to develop than initially expected.

So, in short, get used to it.

stella-stig
11-06-2015, 07:31
You still haven't answered my question why delay a game for it to be released 100% complete and then you post the game isn't finished and won't be finished for ages to me that is liable

jgaganas
That's great and all, but please list the top tier games that are 'finished' recently and didn't require patches shortly after release?

I'm still waiting.

Carmageddon:Reincarnation

*runs*

Ian Bell
You still haven't answered my question why delay a game for it to be released 100% complete and then you post the game isn't finished and won't be finished for ages to me that is liable

I'm sorry, but I have answered it. Because we lied.

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:32

I'm still trying to find the part where it was written by SMS that they promised it would be delivered 100% complete.

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 07:34

I wanna read everything you have to say about Ian and those degenerates that work for him.
Amuse me

Alan Dallas
11-06-2015, 07:35
On 2nd thought stella/Gonzo maybe you'd be happier with another SMS title that isn't as complex as pCARS.
Try this one: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/announcing-flappy-cars/

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:36
Alan, we said we were working to polish it to 100% hence the delays (as we saw it then and fixing the bugs we knew of then).

Stella is confused between that and us wanting to keep adding to and supporting the game for a long time, i.e, 'the game won't be 'finished' for a long time'.

You see he took that, found a quote with a slightly different meaning and is running with it for all he is worth.

MysterG
11-06-2015, 07:40
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/11/618x470/showbiz-comic-relief-jessie-j-hair.jpg

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 07:44
Jokes apart, I can't believe you really think that a single game that you have was released flawless and never more updated by the developer. The thing is that you found here a channel with an overwhelming amount of information and you can't handle it. You like games that silently update it selves and let you in the dark so you can think they are perfect, I mean, if you can't see it, it do not exist . Most of all you are the kind of person who loves to complain, no matter what.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 07:46
finally I'm very happy reading the answers of Mr Ian,
finally my money is not wasted because I was sure that something like this will evolve this game (constantly updates , dlc's etc)

is there anyone except OP that expect something different from a SIM ?

edit: or i m the only one (and crazy) here???

TrevorAustin
11-06-2015, 07:48

Is he betting with all this money we've given him for nothing? That's worse than lying!.

Sankyo
11-06-2015, 07:48
Difference between 'finished' and 'complete'. I'd swear it was explained a few times already...

TrevorAustin
11-06-2015, 07:49

Haha, he's liable to laugh:)

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:50
I just want to say to the OP, I've admitted to my lies, taken it on the chin but, well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYZP85d8Mc

David Semperger
11-06-2015, 07:51
Here goes nothing...

A game studio only has so many resources. The goal is of course finding as many issues as you can before release, but given that after release suddenly millions of new eyes will be looking at the game it's only natural that new issues will be found, even if the devs think there are none left. Unless you worked in game development you probably have no idea how complex today's games are. Having worked in QA I'm of the opinion that if you had games that you had no issues with whatsoever it only means that you personally haven't run into them.

You should also consider that there are market forces at work here. In a highly competitive environment it's often not the perfect product that wins, but the one that's good enough and is timed perfectly.

That's just not true. That's probably the number one reason for games being delayed.

General_RIMT
11-06-2015, 07:54
Like with most Big Games released on Consoles and PC nowadays, games are so complex that the only way you'll find out about certain bugs won't be through internal testing, it will be when the game is released to the masses. The game wasn't possible to be mass tested al-la WMD for the consoles because of many good reasons. Ever noticed how some people in the forums here say "huh? Haven't really noticed any bugs tbh"; that's because the bugs don't always effect everyone. I for one have yet to experience any game breaking bugs, and I've been playing since minute one of release on the XB1. Theres the audio stuttering bug which isn't a big deal and is being dealt with, and a few tiny things that that I can't even remember right now.

But now with the game out to the public and with this forum community here and direct communication to key dev staff, those issues will get patched. And things are set to get alot better. What other game can you do a 45 car le mans race with thunderstorms with dynamic time and a nifty engineer letting you know when its gonna rain, on the console (with amazing graphics tbh)? What they have pulled off is nothing short of groundbreaking and unique, in my eyes atleast. Its got everything I've ever wanted in a racer since gtr2 and rfactor. Keep it up guys, and much love from Canada ��

UMadBro
I guess Ian is actually more manly than I thought. The only thing missing is a beard.

Marrrfooo
This would be the same Stella Stig that posted this video two weeks after PCARS came out? Posting a video of complaints or gripes is one thing (perfectly reasonable IMO) but to genuinely suggest that people should be fired for incompetency with quite such vitriol in such a video is quite a thing:

'Project CARS RANT - The honeymoon is over - BUGS …: https://youtu.be/bHHuEJfx5yA'

David Semperger
11-06-2015, 07:55
I guess Ian is actually more manly than I thought. The only thing missing is a beard.

Oh he has a beard, it's just hidden under all that fur.

Flihp
11-06-2015, 07:55
in defence of the OP, Tetris on my ipad has been faultless, and never updated either.....:p:p

Phil

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:56

I'd take you and a gorilla in a fist-fight.

Marrrfooo
11-06-2015, 07:57
Let. The. Wookie. Win. :rolleyes:

macto
11-06-2015, 07:58
This is what I don't get about people complaining on here, they're never happy. If pCARS had suffered more delays, there would have been outrage. In its current state it is hands down the best racing game ever, sure it has bugs that need ironing out, but they will be. It's been said before on here but never before have I seen a forum where you can communicate directly with the staff that made the game on such a level.

I found a couple of bugs, posted the info, the devs looked into it, confirmed the error - it's getting fixed in 1.5. What more can you ask?

I was an Xbox gamer whilst pCARS was being made and didn't have the option to back this game during development when I came over to PC (which I did, just so I could play the best version of pCARS), but had I been given an option to buy the game in an un-finished state, I would have just so I could play it. The fact is, the game is only going to get better and the staff are doing their best. Saying that, I do like my driving games - rarely play anything else :)

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 07:58
This would be the same Stella Stig that posted this video two weeks after PCARS came out? Posting a video of complaints or gripes is one thing (perfectly reasonable IMO) but to genuinely suggest that people should be fired for incompetency with quite such vitriol in such a video is quite a thing:

'Project CARS RANT - The honeymoon is over - BUGS …: https://youtu.be/bHHuEJfx5yA'

Indeed, looking for content for a new vid clearly.

Gonzo, here's a few.

I, Ian Bell, have been caught out by Stella, with no ambiguity whatsoever, as being a filthy liar.
I, Ian Bell, said I'd finished the game, then went on to say the game wouldn't be 'finished' for a long time.
I, Ian Bell, should be ashamed of myself for attacking Stella by means of admitting that I was a liar.

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 08:00

Holy crap, that dude is crazy, so much hate effort.

in defence of the OP, Tetris on my ipad has been faultless, and never updated either.....:p:p

Phil

Consider yourself lucky, tetris is a frame drop nightmare on my iPad.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 08:03

go register to the forum of tetris and ask refund !!

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 08:05
go register to the forum of tetris and ask refund !!

Hell yeah, gonna burn that board down

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 08:07
Is that enough now Andy (Parks)?

andyparks 2
Platform
PC
project cars was delayed to finish the game
Here's Slightly Mad Studio's Ian Bell on the latest delay:

And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we're sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info

If the game is now 100% why is there still bugs Ian bell

Marrrfooo
11-06-2015, 08:08
Holy crap, that dude is crazy, so much hate effort.

The thing that made me laugh is that there's actually a reasonable quantity of PCARS videos on his channel. I mean admittedly it was all pretty much ranting - but still...

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 08:12
The thing that made me laugh is that there's actually a reasonable quantity of PCARS videos on his channel. I mean admittedly it was all pretty much ranting - but still...

I said it, I knew this thread would be better than HBO tonight

David Semperger
11-06-2015, 08:16
Is that enough now Andy (Parks)?

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 08:25
What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

A friend of mine watched the Titanic movie in cinema 12 times, hoping they'll finally miss the iceberg eventually. :indecisiveness:

j/k

mire2

well, i saw the videos earlyer befor topics like that started here....and i ever must stop it and close, because this voice is so damn ugly i cant hear it for a minute......sry

HLR Ghosty

That stella stig is known as SRS Stig on this forum and not the OP.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?91138-SRS-STIG

NeonFlux
11-06-2015, 08:26
I don't recall being told that the game isn't finished... but I do remember reading that SMS will be adding to/supporting this game for the next couple of years... which is awesome. Far too many developers churn games out, support for 3 months (6 if you're lucky) and then move on to their next project. I'm really pleased to see that SMS aren't following that model and are supporting the longevity of this game.

Cleps
11-06-2015, 08:39
I'm sorry, but I have answered it. Because we lied.

Made me think about a sketch I saw on french TV (Sorry it's french only). "J'AI MENTI" means "I LIED"

Enjoy, if you understand french at least a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62JaGwn76U

Charles Gillen
11-06-2015, 08:41
It is my observation that several posters on this board are so enamored by the fact a head of studio actually reads and answers posts here , that it has become somewhat of a sport to see if they can illicit a response from Mr. Bell. You will never see other studio heads fielding questions and being thrashed continously on other forums.

I for one find it refreshing and a welcome change from past experiences with racing games and the forums attached to those games. It's good to know that someone cares about the product thats been created and has stuck around to see it to it's potential.

Charles

Panopticism
11-06-2015, 08:48

You assume that people with admin/mod privileges on forums cannot see your IP address and catch you circumventing accounts?

FA RACING 01
11-06-2015, 08:48
It is my observation that several posters on this board are so enamored by the fact a head of studio actually reads and answers posts here , that it has become somewhat of a sport to see if they can illicit a response from Mr. Bell. You will never see other studio heads fielding questions and being thrashed continously on other forums.

I for one find it refreshing and a welcome change from past experiences with racing games and the forums attached to those games. It's good to know that someone cares about the product thats been created and has stuck around to see it to it's potential.

Charles

Agree 100% with you mate. Just sometimes it delivers some very nice humour too. Gladly SMS are strong enough - they're a strong clan. ;)

UMadBro
11-06-2015, 09:57
I'd take you and a gorilla in a fist-fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjqm1-Db9o

Take that, Chewie!

Franco Ferrari
11-06-2015, 09:57
I seriously... fear people who clearly have issues dealing with others and overestimating irrelevant problems.
You know, the good old saying about "the speck and the pole"...
Repeating the same ranting over and over... asking ad nauseam the same questions, but not really looking or expecting an answer... honestly frightens me.

These are the same people who sued Microsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems#Response_to_rate_of_failure) because they got a defective XBox even within the warranty period (which BTW was extended to 3 years merely months before) when a sane person would have simply had his unit replaced by the seller.
These are the same people who freak out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSILbSzvgnY) for a closed mall when they could be spending their (clearly abundant) free time walking the park.

There is nothing ever satisfying these people, because they act like kids who, if pleased once, need to be constantly pleased more and more.
Or maybe some of them just want to watch the world burn (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc).

MikeyTT
11-06-2015, 10:04
I'm really unhappy too. I can't express into words how upset I am.

I've just bought an MSI 980ti, which came with Batman Arkham Knights. But I can't play it. It's not even released until the end of the month. How can this be possible.

SMS: as fellow game developers I want to know why I can't play Batman now and why I have to wait ??!! How can advertise I can play Batman, yet clearly I can't. I want answers and I want them now!!

The game industry is broken!!!

TLDR; Get a grip. It is what it is, flogging a dead horse won't get you anywhere. The past is the past, report the bugs and we'll all get a better experience because of it...

Franco Ferrari
11-06-2015, 10:06
Complaining about delays and bugs, in a civil manner or not, and start a ranting rampage.
Getting warned about that. Then getting banned.
Registering as another user, post the same ranting again.
Getting banned again.
Repeat the registering / posting / getting banned routine once. Twice. Three times... and so on.

This is called obsession. Or worse... paranoia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia#Symptoms).

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 10:18
I'm really unhappy too. I can't express into words how upset I am.

I've just bought an MSI 980ti, which came with Batman Arkham Knights. But I can't play it. It's not even released until the end of the month. How can this be possible.

SMS: as fellow game developers I want to know why I can't play Batman now and why I have to wait ??!! How can advertise I can play Batman, yet clearly I can't. I want answers and I want them now!!

The game industry is broken!!!

TLDR; Get a grip. It is what it is, flogging a dead horse won't get you anywhere. The past is the past, report the bugs and we'll all get a better experience because of it...

I offer my sincere apologies. On top of the lies I've been caught out on today, we also apologise that Batman is not yet ready to be flagged for release.

MikeyTT
11-06-2015, 10:22
I offer my sincere apologies. On top of the lies I've been caught out on today, we also apologise that Batman is not yet ready to be flagged for release.

Thank you for your apologies, see it wasn't hard ;)

TBH not sure I'll even bother with it. Having too much fun in pCars right now and developing vrHive, to even think of looking at another game :)

UMadBro
11-06-2015, 10:24

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Batman-Pug.jpg

jgaganas
11-06-2015, 10:28

Who cares about Batman, but how's the MSI 980ti? Which edition? I need that card badly!

kaa0s
11-06-2015, 10:36
The kids have so much entitlement these days.

Remember the good old days when we found bugs like this all of a sudden after hours of gameplay and couldn't do anything about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzPlsF8uzY

Pr3t3nd3r
11-06-2015, 10:46
Let me try to clear things out of what a 100% finished product is :)

You know that Toyota is one of the biggest car manufacture which sells cars as 100% finished product. But there are always few issues with it and that's why you get a guarantee.

But sometimes even Toyota fails in the matter of selling 100% rock solid build car. That's why Toyota had to recall it's cars several times to solve issues with the car which was discovered long before they have launched their car. But before that there is a chance that something will go wrong before Toyota discovers it and that is always a risk. But they are selling a car as a 100% finished product, right? ;)

So, what's the point in this?

Well pCARS is a 100% finished product which will be upgraded in the near and far future which was told to us many times. Sure it has some issues but that doesn't mean it's not a 100% product. It's a 100% product with few issues same as Toyota has from time to time :)

EDIT: Here is the link of what I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9311_Toyota_vehicle_recalls

NemethR
11-06-2015, 10:59

I'll wait.

Erm, the most recent I remember was: "Knights 'n' Merchants" a RTS game back in ... 1999 I think. :)
It later had 1 patch if I remember correclty. It was such a nice game.

But yea, new games are never finished, but that means in this case we will have new features, cars, track etc. coming, so it will be always exciting.

nomen nescio
11-06-2015, 11:08
Game companies shouldn't release unfinished games what about the paying customers that don't use Internet they end up with a game that's not finishedGames are not what they use to be. They are much, much more sophisticated, much more detailed and much more difficult to program. It is impossible to release a game without bugs. The programmers are only human and there are bound to be mistakes in the program/command lines, which are overlooked by the programmers. Hence the release so we, players, can identify the bugs and SMS can do something about it. >> Four eyes can see more than two principle so to speak.

MikeyTT
11-06-2015, 11:12
Who cares about Batman, but how's the MSI 980ti? Which edition? I need that card badly!

This is the baby: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-286-MS&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402
Got 3 of these too to really show off pCars in all its glory: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-060-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

I have no idea what it's like tho. I have to collect it today from OCUK, but I'm stuck with a lot of work to sort out. Hopefully I'll be getting over there later on and will be able to try tonight.

I have a pair of HIS7950s at present on 3 22" screens, so this should be a fair upgrade. When I finally brave a Win10 upgrade and we get all the gloriousness of DX12 then I'll be a very happy man.

momotaone
11-06-2015, 11:12
Erm, the most recent I remember was: "Knights 'n' Merchants" a RTS game back in ... 1999 I think. :)
It later had 1 patch if I remember correclty. It was such a nice game.

But yea, new games are never finished, but that means in this case we will have new features, cars, track etc. coming, so it will be always exciting.

Well and to be honest we quite never had any patches, updates until the Last Gen of consoles... Remember Games on PS2.. or consoles like the Nintendo 64...

Maybe that was ages before, but the system of "releasing a unfinished game and patch it afterwards" now has spreaded as "that's the way, game development works".

Am I the only one, worried about this statement?

NemethR
11-06-2015, 11:20
Hey welcome back, you posted the same thing under different names in the last few days.

Makes me wonder, maybe the forum should require a valid game key to register.

danowat
11-06-2015, 11:21
Well and to be honest we quite never had any patches, updates until the Last Gen of consoles... Remember Games on PS2.. or consoles like the Nintendo 64...

Maybe that was ages before, but the system of "releasing a unfinished game and patch it afterwards" now has spreaded as "that's the way, game development works".

Plenty of games came out on older consoles with no way of fixing them with patches, Gran Turismo 2 had a nasty garage erasing one.

If you are worried, don't buy a game at release, wait until there a few patches for it.

FWIW, I play PCars every day, and it's arguably the best racing game I've played (and I've played a lot), despite the issues I have with the game.

I know (would like to think) the game will be fixed to erase all my annoyances, I know that screaming about it won't make a blind bit of difference, untill such a time comes that they are fixed, I'll just adjust my experience of the game to mitigate the bugs that cause me a problem.

danowat
11-06-2015, 11:22

How would that work with console gamers? #pcmasterrace

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 11:25

no , because forums is and for those who want to learn what is going on before buy things

Oilseal
11-06-2015, 11:25
Good lord is anyone actually playing this thing?

Instead of constantly bitching about how unfinished it is why don't you try playing it.

It took me a full day to set up my Logi G25. If I had posted on day one my reaction would have been very different.
I've never had a game that played properly on release.

Some of you should have been around in 1990. I remember not being able to get Grand Prix and Indy Car to play at all out of the box.

I've been involved with this for 3.5 years. I think I can wait a little longer for SMS to polish it.

Don't bother having a go at me I shan't be back here. Just want to get something off my chest.

My time is better spent playing the game.

Many thanks

Oilseal

David Semperger
11-06-2015, 11:27

You are rightfully worried, but the reason for this problem isn't an increasing incompetence, ignorance, lazyness or anything like on the part of game studios, not that I'm saying you suggested that. The real problem is that games in the last decade grew at least an order of magnitude in complexity and this process isn't really slowing down. While the size of development teams grew, the quality of the tools they use improved and they also have longer development cycles, this wasn't nearly enough to completely offset the increased complexity they have to deal with.

In short, despite the best intentions of developers you can expect an increasing number of launch day issues in the foreseeable future, especially with online games.

NemethR
11-06-2015, 11:29
How would that work with console gamers? #pcmasterrace

Don't they have a game key too? I am quite sure they must have something, from what they can be identified.

no , because forums is and for those who want to learn what is going on before buy things

They can read it, they cannot register, its a different thing.

danowat
11-06-2015, 11:32
Don't they have a game key too?

Nope

Sankyo
11-06-2015, 11:34
Good lord is anyone actually playing this thing?

Instead of constantly bitching about how unfinished it is why don't you try playing it.

What, and leave me out of a job?

jgaganas
11-06-2015, 11:37
This is the baby: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-286-MS&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402
Got 3 of these too to really show off pCars in all its glory: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-060-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

I have no idea what it's like tho. I have to collect it today from OCUK, but I'm stuck with a lot of work to sort out. Hopefully I'll be getting over there later on and will be able to try tonight.

I have a pair of HIS7950s at present on 3 22" screens, so this should be a fair upgrade. When I finally brave a Win10 upgrade and we get all the gloriousness of DX12 then I'll be a very happy man.

Thanks for info... please report back if you've got it all running (res, settings, performance).

Sorry for being off topic, now back to the gonz...

TenthDan
11-06-2015, 11:44

It's pure ROI. SMS already spent at least a good six months solid before release bug fixing etc to make the game as clean as possible.

The alternative is to either substantially reduce the scope of the game (though look at AC, smaller team, smaller scope, heaps of bugs) and have less bugs....or keep it big and ambitious and get the features in knowing that the continued work will polish them all up and end up with a really complete solid game that can keep the income coming to fund the improvements.

The other alternative is the devs just keep bug-fixing until there are no more, but run out of funds and shut down before the game ever releases...

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 11:51
They can read it, they cannot register, its a different thing.

but they can ask for some info .. it is not a different think

SRS STIG
11-06-2015, 12:09
Indeed, looking for content for a new vid clearly.

Gonzo, here's a few.

I, Ian Bell, have been caught out by Stella, with no ambiguity whatsoever, as being a filthy liar.
I, Ian Bell, said I'd finished the game, then went on to say the game wouldn't be 'finished' for a long time.
I, Ian Bell, should be ashamed of myself for attacking Stella by means of admitting that I was a liar.

Just to clear a few things up as i have been made aware of this post through my twitter account:

The Stella Stig in the OP is indeed not me, The only account i have had on this forum is this account, (im sure your logs will confirm this)

I have no idea who The impersonator is and dont take that any of the comments or posts on this thread or forum are from me, Again the only account i have had is the one attached to this post.

UMadBro
11-06-2015, 12:14
Just to clear a few things up as i have been made aware of this post through my twitter account:

The Stella Stig in the OP is indeed not me, The only account i have had on this forum is this account, (im sure your logs will confirm this)

I have no idea who The impersonator is and dont take that any of the comments or posts on this thread or forum are from me, Again the only account i have had is the one attached to this post.

Check his and Stella's IP.

CCM
11-06-2015, 12:15
Grabs popcorn!!

UMadBro
11-06-2015, 12:22
Grabs popcorn!!

Gimme some too. Pulls out popcorn. *CHOMP*

CCM
11-06-2015, 12:31
Grabs popcorn!!

There you go.

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 12:34

Thanks Stella, you seem to have a stalker indeed.

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
11-06-2015, 13:23
Alan, we said we were working to polish it to 100% hence the delays (as we saw it then and fixing the bugs we knew of then).

Stella is confused between that and us wanting to keep adding to and supporting the game for a long time, i.e, 'the game won't be 'finished' for a long time'.

You see he took that, found a quote with a slightly different meaning and is running with it for all he is worth.

So as to my understanding the game was pushed back to iron out the bugs that the studio was aware of. Since then more bugs have developed which is common thing anyway.
A particular line of code could contridict another line of code the result some weird ass bug, these things are common upon the release of games/updates on many big titles.
Another simpler thought Mr Ian Bell could be that some of your QA testers may not be up to scratch, in which case you should personally hunt those guys down and burn them at the steak ;) alternatively you could just sack them and give me a job instead, god knows I need a change of career.
What ever the case may be the fact remains that this is still a beautiful game which was made by racers for racers and a totally privately funded project. The result is a game which is enjoyable and fun and it is now our job as the community to feed back bugs issues potential updates etc to develop this game further to unlock the potential that PCARS has in abundance.

Final though Stella Stig aka Steve your making yourself look a tit son give it a rest.

Happy gaming folks have a great day :)

SRS STIG
11-06-2015, 13:28
Final though Stella Stig aka Steve your making yourself look a tit son give it a rest.

Happy gaming folks have a great day :)

Just incase you missed the post 5 posts before yours, the original poster for this thread is a fake and is not the "real" Stella Stig

Dont confuse the two as the same person :)

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
11-06-2015, 14:10
Just incase you missed the post 5 posts before yours, the original poster for this thread is a fake and is not the "real" Stella Stig

Dont confuse the two as the same person :)

I only made it through the first 5 pages of this thread, if that is the case then fair enough.
Then it must be a damn troll, I have stella on twitter YT xb1 etc though I don't know him personally.
hence the reason for my post.

Who ever it is though just go sit in the corner and think about your actions

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 14:16
I only made it through the first 5 pages of this thread, if that is the case then fair enough.
Then it must be a damn troll, I have stella on twitter YT xb1 etc though I don't know him personally.
hence the reason for my post.

Who ever it is though just go sit in the corner and think about your actions

A troll??? Surely not my man.

HLR Ghosty
11-06-2015, 14:18

XxxMrAssassinxxX
11-06-2015, 14:23
Thid was quite amusing, Ian Bell sir, you made my day ��

JeyD02
11-06-2015, 14:26

You have no idea buddy. I'll give you one and very apparent one. Ready for it?!?!?!

The crew......

Years of delayed, Ohhhh wait another?

Blade and soul for US? Want more?

FormulaT
11-06-2015, 14:35
I sometimes question if Project CARS is the first game that some people have purchased in years. I've played much more broken games than Project CARS, and those games didn't have forums where devs assured you that they've seen your concerns and that they're working on them. The game has only been out for a month and we've already got a post-day-one patch out. Ever play Battlefield 4? That game was broken in its release day state for MONTHS.

But hey, I read all 11 pages of this trash and got a good laugh. Thanks for the comedy, Gonzo. I eagerly await your 100% bug free race sim!

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
11-06-2015, 14:39
A troll??? Surely not my man.
Yes Sir your man a troll lol as you know ofcause clearly he forgot the manners his parents gave him.
personally I love the game and will stick with it through its evolution

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 14:48
You guys scare our puppy away from the thread. Shame on all of you. :(

Franco Ferrari
11-06-2015, 14:50
Yes Sir your man a troll lol as you know ofcause clearly he forgot the manners his parents gave him.
personally I love the game and will stick with it through its evolution

I'm pretty sure these are exactly the manners his parents gave him.
If you don't trust this, I'm sure he can impersonate one of them and come here to testify.

Robhd
11-06-2015, 14:59
Gonzo... Lad, It really must be exhausting dragging that poor demised equine around with you for so long!

Also, put the stick down... There really is no point keeping on whacking the poor thing any longer... It is no more, demised, off this mortal coil (please don't sue me for plagiarism here Mr Python).

No, I mean really, it must surely be starting to whiff a bit by now?

Give it a rest... Put your feet up and take the weekend off eh?

Whilst the rest of us are enjoying playing the game and waiting for the forthcoming patch which will no doubt increase our pleasure even more....

Also, did you know there is a really good Battlefield forum you might like to join instead?

SpeedDog
11-06-2015, 15:27
Went to Falkirk earlier this year, it's a real place in the real world unlike the OP.

Ian what a refreshing change you are!

Regards

Mike

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 15:36
Over 100 posts, is there anymore utility or forward momentum to this thread? If not i will lock in the next 1 hour. I believe all opinions and arguments have been well represented on this topic.

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
11-06-2015, 15:37
I'm pretty sure these are exactly the manners his parents gave him.
If you don't trust this, I'm sure he can impersonate one of them and come here to testify.

Well no I'm sure you speak the truth and it is most likely the case.

Well I'm off to work I will be streaming tonight folks with an open lobby if your interested in some good racing
GT xb1 is xCaesars Wrathx and my twitch name is johnboy8722 feel free to drop a follow I'll be streaming from midnight GMT

BullWinkle
11-06-2015, 16:57
:)

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 17:33
Over 100 posts, is there anymore utility or forward momentum to this thread? If not i will lock in the next 1 hour. I believe all opinions and arguments have been well represented on this topic.

I was hoping Zelda would come back, or whatever his name is.

rotorrian
11-06-2015, 17:59
Oh awesome! Its the infamous gripe to Ian Bell thread.

Ian,

I purchased the Racing Icons pack off the Playstation Store and the car I have received is faulty.

The car in question is the Mercedes Benz CLK GT1

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTehP4MnsI781x3x97T4P2FhHSmsnfUitbeBkSbowUNb0PmBBs7

The real car has the ability to take off and do back flips down the Mulsanne Straight.

(See Video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaAuyuYmQ

So far I have logged over 6 hours in the car with varying ride height, downforce settings and fuel loads and no matter what I do I cannot generate lift.

I have consulted my Mum and also Uncle Charlie and we believe that the Gravity level of the game is faulty.

We have calculated the correct gravity calculations and we expect you to have these added to the added to the game in the next 24 hours or else........

(See calculations below)

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/945/945410/crayon-physics-deluxe-20090115013925389-000.jpg

Keep up the great work Slightly Mad Studios :D

Loving your work!

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 18:02
The real car has the ability to take off and do back flips down the Mulsanne Straight.

Wrong car mate. ;)
Our car is the CLK LM (modified CLK GTR) and the Webber car is a CLR from 1999.

Patrik Marek
11-06-2015, 18:37
A friend of mine watched the Titanic movie in cinema 12 times, hoping they'll finally miss the iceberg eventually. :indecisiveness:

j/k

imagine if they did , sales of the tickets would go up the roof and people would want to get a chance to see that mystery version as well

Mark Quigley
11-06-2015, 18:43
Went to Falkirk earlier this year, it's a real place in the real world unlike the OP.

Ian what a refreshing change you are!

Regards

Mike

I'm in Falkirk now, Larbert actually.
It's a very real place, been shouting "gonzo" out the window for a good half hour, no response yet.

We got big metal horses heads now, you might wake up to find one in your bed crushing your house in the morning :D

Bryer
11-06-2015, 18:48
I know it. We are in fact the worst ever liars. I agree with you.

No I think Ubisoft win on that one.

Patrik Marek
11-06-2015, 18:57
people would b*tch much less about bugs and testing, if they actually were testers themselves. Game tester is very difficult job ( unlike what many people think) and as hard job as it is, you will never really find every bug out there, and even if you do, that doens't mean that finding the bug automatically fixes it.,

some fixes are also depending on other fixes that needs to go first,

game development is crazy difficult process, and It saddens me to see people having no respect for it

don't like to play bugged games at release ? then don't buy them at release. wait for many patches first and buy it later on ( at that point the game will probably be cheaper too) so it should be win win situation for you

it's always so easy to complain about anything, but until people know the other side of the coin, they should at least try to stay on top of the things

it's so easy to yell at young studen at mcDonald that the fries are cold and salty, but if you are the guy giving those fries away, because you know if you waste to many because they are cold, you get less mony for already shitty paid job ... etc

mankind is getting worse and worse, every small issue is a biggest problem in the world,
expectations of everything is sky rocket high

I payed $70,000 for a car, yet it still have some issues/annoyances that I wouldn't expect in a car of this price range, .. and do i yell at dealer/manufacturer ?? no I don't
so why should I yell at someone over $59 ?

David Semperger
11-06-2015, 19:21
mankind is getting worse and worse, every small issue is a biggest problem in the world,
expectations of everything is sky rocket high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E

mire2
11-06-2015, 19:35
Oh awesome! Its the infamous gripe to Ian Bell thread.

Ian,

I purchased the Racing Icons pack off the Playstation Store and the car I have received is faulty.

The car in question is the Mercedes Benz CLK GT1

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTehP4MnsI781x3x97T4P2FhHSmsnfUitbeBkSbowUNb0PmBBs7

(See Video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaAuyuYmQ

So far I have logged over 6 hours in the car with varying ride height, downforce settings and fuel loads and no matter what I do I cannot generate lift.

I have consulted my Mum and also Uncle Charlie and we believe that the Gravity level of the game is faulty.

We have calculated the correct gravity calculations and we expect you to have these added to the added to the game in the next 24 hours or else........

(See calculations below)

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/945/945410/crayon-physics-deluxe-20090115013925389-000.jpg

Keep up the great work Slightly Mad Studios :D

Loving your work!
Hahahaha absolutely epic!! :D

SityiSXT
11-06-2015, 19:40
Ian, just of of curiosity: Roughly how many lines of code does Project Car have?

Roger Prynne
11-06-2015, 19:46
He told me it was 2 lines
1 and a 0

or in mathematical terms....

x = y.
Then x2 = xy.
Subtract the same thing from both sides:
x2 - y2 = xy - y2.
Dividing by (x-y), obtain x + y = y.
Since x = y, we see that 2 y = y.
Thus 2 = 1, since we started with y nonzero.
Subtracting 1 from both sides, 1 = 0.

Robhd
11-06-2015, 20:37

Is that covering your bets? Paying for your wagers.... Lol

Robhd
11-06-2015, 20:44
Wrong car mate. ;)
Our car is the CLK LM (modified CLK GTR) and the Webber car is a CLR from 1999.

Mr Bealdor Sir... Time to hang up the anorak for this evening! Love it! Lol...

David McKenna
11-06-2015, 21:19

Did they not??

SRS STIG
11-06-2015, 21:48
Is that covering your bets? Paying for your wagers.... Lol

I just wish I could find out who the OP was, the very least I could do is give him some pointers on his grammar and spelling, that's more annoying than him being an imposter :)

Spirit X
12-06-2015, 00:10
You guys are real dicks sometimes. I know the OP may not have been the most articulate criticism in the world but 14 pages of abuse? When he does actually have a bloody good point as well?

And by the way.....Nintendo. Their reputation is still untouchable whether it's your cup of tea or not. They release high quality games that work without question and earn trust and loyalty as a result. Just saying. (and let's not mention the slightly poo Wii-U)

Umer Ahmad
12-06-2015, 00:29
You guys are real dicks sometimes. I know the OP may not have been the most articulate criticism in the world but 14 pages of abuse? When he does actually have a bloody good point as well?

And by the way.....Nintendo. Their reputation is still untouchable whether it's your cup of tea or not. They release high quality games that work without question and earn trust and loyalty as a result. Just saying. (and let's not mention the slightly poo Wii-U)
Insulting staff will not be tolerated, ever.

Spirit X
12-06-2015, 00:33
Insulting staff will not be tolerated, ever.

I wasn't insulting staff (well, not just staff), I was insulting all the people insulting the user who posted the OP.

I cannot express how awesome it is that after the aforementioned 14 pages of abuse hurled at this guy, I just received a forum infraction for my post. Just. Beautiful. I love your work.

Daynja
12-06-2015, 01:17
I wasn't insulting staff (well, not just staff), I was insulting all the people insulting the user who posted the OP.

I cannot express how awesome it is that after the aforementioned 14 pages of abuse hurled at this guy, I just received a forum infraction for my post. Just. Beautiful. I love your work.

Starting a post with "You guys are real dicks sometimes" doesn't help your cause matey.

What you have missed about the OP which was made clear to anyone with a brain, is that the OP is posting the same topic almost word for word over and over again under different forum accounts(diff emails same I.P) which all mod and SMS staff can check for. So many times trolls come in and act like they are the wounded animal but in many opccasiosn they are spotted by SMS, but SMS or WMD dont acknowledge they know its the same troll under the same IP and instead jest with them in the best way possible good ol fashion sarcasm. The downside of this is that haters or people that a looking for any reason to dig at Ian use the responses he gives as "proof" that he is a horrid person. That shitty pretend car blog is a fine example of cherry picking and taking things way out of context (although their current attention is on racedept atm)

TLDR: Your seeing Ian trollling a troll

UMadBro
12-06-2015, 06:26
No I think Ubisoft win on that one.

Ubisoft and EA.

stella-stig
12-06-2015, 06:55
Why dose any one who complaints about your unfinished game get abused for no reason you should all grow up and stop acting like little baby's

It's alway Ian Bell that starts it off with his silly remarks and he's head of studio

Franco Ferrari
12-06-2015, 07:10
Why dose any one who complaints about your unfinished game get abused for no reason you should all grow up and stop acting like little baby's

Nope, it's not who express complaints that gets "abused".
It's who has the time and the "patience" to register multiple accounts, ban after ban, only to pose the same exact question every time, thinking that everyone else has the same time (to lose) and patience as he does.

And that's hardly "no reason" to me.

stella-stig
12-06-2015, 07:15
Nope, it's not who express complaints that gets "abused".
It's who has the time and the "patience" to register multiple accounts, ban after ban, only to pose the same exact question every time, thinking that everyone else has the same time (to lose) and patience as he does.

And that's hardly "no reason" to me.

This is the first time I've been on the forum and I work for a gaming magazine and we have had a few emails complaining about the abuse they get from posting on this forum..

DIXON76
12-06-2015, 07:19
Its the first time i've seen this thread or read any thread on said issue's. I've got to say seeing Ian post the way he does irritate's me, Stig was asking what he thought to be a legit question (i thought so to). Wouldn't a more constructive answer to Stigs question been a true answer rather 2/3 pages of bsh1t from the head of studio. If not for Stig for people seeing a thread like this for the first time.

@ Mods, Could you link me to a real/true explanation to Stigs Op

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 07:32
This is the first time I've been on the forum and I work for a gaming magazine and we have had a few emails complaining about the abuse they get from posting on this forum..

Really, which one is that then? Could be an interesting claim.

Franco Ferrari
12-06-2015, 07:41

Peculiar username choice then.

If you're a journalist, you could have searched yourself the information or answers you were asking for in the OP, by simply browsing this same forum threads and actually read some of them.
You know, the kind of stuff a journalist does: searching for information.

Also, a journalist in need of some info, would have tried to contact the head of the studio in private, or the "media department" for an official statement.

But no.
You have posted yet another rant thread, asking yet again the same thing.

Well... we're talking about professionalism here...

ironik
12-06-2015, 07:42
Its the first time i've seen this thread or read any thread on said issue's. I've got to say seeing Ian post the way he does irritate's me, Stig was asking what he thought to be a legit question (i thought so to). Wouldn't a more constructive answer to Stigs question been a true answer rather 2/3 pages of bsh1t from the head of studio. If not for Stig for people seeing a thread like this for the first time.

Come on ... the guy has been banned several times and keep acting like a child. He doesn't want to hear all the answers he received. Ian, mods and everybody else are loosing patience. Simple as that.

The answer is quite simple in fact :

Of course it's not "finished". SMS cunning plan is to listen to the community to enhance and correct the game until pCARS 2 is out.
If SMS had waited for the game to be "perfect" (understand that no one would want other features or improvements) the game would never had came out.

Regarding the bugs, yeah there are bugs. It's unfortunate and SMS is sorry about that. They didn't do it in purpose. If they had the choice, in a perfect world where money, family and mental health are not a "problem", Project cars would have been perfect right off the bat.

Is this that difficult to understand ?

PS: Sorry for the grammar, I really suck at it. I hope you get my point ^^

danowat
12-06-2015, 07:53

LOL :D

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 07:53
Come on ... the guy has been banned several times and keep acting like a child. He doesn't want to hear all the answers he received. Ian, mods and everybody else are loosing patience. Simple as that.

The answer is quite simple in fact :

Of course it's not "finished". SMS cunning plan is to listen to the community to enhance and correct the game until pCARS 2 is out.
If SMS had waited for the game to be "perfect" (understand that no one would want other features or improvements) the game would never had came out.

Regarding the bugs, yeah there are bugs. It's unfortunate and SMS is sorry about that. They didn't do it in purpose. If they had the choice, in a perfect world where money, family and mental health are not a "problem", Project cars would have been perfect right off the bat.

Is this that difficult to understand ?

PS: Sorry for the grammar, I really suck at it. I hope you get my point ^^

Now of course you would think somebody working for a gaming magazine would know that wouldn't you:)

David Slute
12-06-2015, 07:54
This thread was like reading a script to a gang bang lol

DIXON76
12-06-2015, 07:55
I'm not defending Stig, i just wanted to see the official statement to his question. Might of been better to of replied to him with that then locked the thread, instead i read 3 or 4 pages of bullshit and found out nothing. Forgive me, now if i cba to read through other threads and start asking the same questions in said threads again at a later date.

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 07:55

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30699-for-that-attention-of-Ian-bell&p=981609&viewfull=1#post981609

Peculiar username choice then.

If you're a journalist, you could have searched yourself the information or answers you were asking for in the OP, by simply browsing this same forum threads and actually read some of them.
You know, the kind of stuff a journalist does: searching for information.

Also, a journalist in need of some info, would have tried to contact the head of the studio in private, or the "media department" for an official statement.

But no.
You have posted yet another rant thread, asking yet again the same thing.

Well... we're talking about professionalism here...

Don't waste your time mate. He's not what he claims to be...

DragonSyr
12-06-2015, 08:04
if someone behaves like a troll then treated as Troll. (Journalist or not).
and this is not the way of a JOURNALIST.

DIXON76
12-06-2015, 08:05
I'm not defending Stig, i just wanted to see the official statement to his question. Might of been better to of replied to him with that then locked the thread, instead i read 3 or 4 pages of bullshit and found out nothing. Forgive me, now if i cba to read through other threads and start asking the same questions in said threads again at a later date.

That link takes me back to page 2 of this thread, thanks for that. :)

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 08:10
Ian, just of of curiosity: Roughly how many lines of code does Project Car have?

I haven't a clue but interesting question.

Andy!

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 08:12

It's alway Ian Bell that starts it off with his silly remarks and he's head of studio

Because although you are the epitome of grace and patience, we on the other hand possess no such things. As I said before, we're liars also...

Welcome back OP.

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 08:13

With the exact same IP as Andy Parks.

How're the journalistic and grammatical standards of that Mag' getting along?

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 08:15

No he wasn't, read the first three pages before inventing things. It's a third rejoin under a different name asking the same thing over and over in the same way. The fist two were answered. He didn't want those answers.

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 08:18

Or maybe we know what we're doing.

As above, the previous two times got a simple reply. The OP can't tell the difference between 'finished and bug free for the bugs we knew of then' and, 'we'll continue to support the product, fixing new found bugs and adding more content'.

Soooo OP has asked me 12 times now why I lied. The concept was explained to OP multiple times but OP became confrontational and abusive, was removed twice, re-signed in, repeated said question, 'How do you explain this Ian Bell????' over and over. Another ban, another return to ask same question. So finally I admitted he'd caught me, I'm a filthy liar. He then tells me off for being 'funny' with him.

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 08:24
Dear stella-stig, I have a problem and maybe you will be able to help me, and if you could it would be of great value for me.

The thing is, I'm so hooked up with that damn Project Cars game that I can't find time to take care of my garden. Be a lamb and harvest the roses, trim the grass and please don't leave a mess when finished. I think it would not be a problem for you since you have nothing better to do anyway.

DIXON76
Ops a bit of a idiot, thanks for the reply's.

danowat
I sometimes wonder how certain people conduct themselves in real life.

PTG Ducky
12-06-2015, 08:27

Every game that's has been released on "Next Gen" has had bugs. Now it's not just one or two games every single one of them.
Let's list some of the games that got hyped up and was unplayable after a couple weeks

Titanfall - massively hyped up to be amazing. Played for a day never touched again.

Forza 5 - in my eyes still a beta, has promising aspects but still a huge disappointment. Even tho I still have a 1000hrs plus because I'm in a good community.

Watchdogs - again glitchy as hell and just plain pony.

The division. I have high hopes for this game that had been on the card since next gen released and is still not expected well into next year.

Quantum Leap - again like The Division delayed again till next year.

Don't get me started on COD that series died on previous Gen

In essences SMS and WMD are constantly developing the game to make it better for their community if you have nothing decent to say Stella then do one mate. Because personally you ranting is getting very old.

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 08:28
Every game that's has been released on "Next Gen" has had bugs. Now it's not just one or two games every single one of them.
Let's list some of the games that got hyped up and was unplayable after a couple weeks

Titanfall - massively hyped up to be amazing. Played for a day never touched again.

Forza 5 - in my eyes still a beta, has promising aspects but still a huge disappointment. Even tho I still have a 1000hrs plus because I'm in a good community.

Watchdogs - again glitchy as hell and just plain pony.

The division. I have high hopes for this game that had been on the card since next gen released and is still not expected well into next year.

Quantum Leap - again like The Division delayed again till next year.

Don't get me started on COD that series died on previous Gen

In essences SMS and WMD are constantly developing the game to make it better for their community if you have nothing decent to say Stella then do one mate. Because personally you ranting is getting very old.

Don't forget Battlefield 4, a bug with a game as patch.

Marrrfooo
12-06-2015, 08:31
I sometimes wonder how certain people conduct themselves in real life.

I dare not think about it. Some of the worst offenders, I imagine, probably get punched a lot...

Marrrfooo
12-06-2015, 08:33

Lol!

In fairness, it was a right old mess at the start. But they fixed it and it's great to play now (in my opinion).

Stag
12-06-2015, 08:41
Stella ..How dare you come on here digging at the great Mr Bell.
He's so popular here in Notting hill he could do an open bus parade when the new patch comes out.
In fact I'm surprised Mr bell is not in line to take over as mayor of london next year

SRS STIG
12-06-2015, 08:44

I think when you come onto the forum claiming to be someone you are not you may well invalidate any of your arguments from the start.

Im learning so much about myself from the OP, i now have a job in journalism and i also have a PS4 apparently ;)

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 08:44
I dare not think about it. Some of the worst offenders, I imagine, probably get punched a lot...

I would guess the really unpleasant ones don't have a real life and don't ever interact physically with real people or are spoilt entitled little kids for whom mummy or daddy do everything and teach them nothing about how to get along in the real world.

Any resemblance to Stella-Stig/Andywake is purely coincidental.

TheReaper GT
12-06-2015, 08:45
Lol!

In fairness, it was a right old mess at the start. But they fixed it and it's great to play now (in my opinion).

I agree, I play it every day. At the start some times was unplayable.

Lagoa
12-06-2015, 09:12

True, but atleast the SP was working perfecft. MP 64 guys doing different things.. Talking about complicated.

UMadBro
12-06-2015, 09:18
Hey guys I have an excellent idea! Why not close the thread? :onthego:

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 09:23
Agreed, closed.