PDA

View Full Version : telemetry

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 07:31

please have a look at the pic and tell me what the figure with ??? means.
and am i correct in labeling the other 2 points as outer and inner temps.

I'm struggling to relate this to 21 step set up guide is all?

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 08:42
I'm getting zero response in the PS4 room, so i'm really hoping somebody in here can help.
I'm trying to follow the 21 step guide but first i need to understand the telemetry:-

what does the figure stand for where i put the question marks?

am i correct in my assumptions for the other 2 (outer and inner tyre temps)?

Thanks in anticipation

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 09:00
Jeez not one reply???
& I thought i was noob...... cmon folks?

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 09:03
I honestly can't remember.

MrStef85
11-06-2015, 09:03

please have a look at the pic and tell me what the figure with ??? means.
and am i correct in labeling the other 2 points as outer and inner temps.

I'm struggling to relate this to 21 step set up guide is all?

I think how good your tyres are. 100=100% etc. etc.

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 09:05
I honestly can't remember.

LOL hillarious, i give up
The forum god doesn't even know :-)

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 09:08
LOL hillarious, i give up
The forum god doesn't even know :-)

It was in Shift2, but obviously we have an entirely new tyre model now... I will take a stab and say it's 'the amount of grip left available in that tyre at that moment'.

donpost
11-06-2015, 09:08
You are correct about the temperatures, but you can't use them to tune camber/pressure as in the 21 step guide (for now) unfortunately.

The number with the ??? is the percentage of that wheel's grip that is being used. So in the image you've posted it looks like at that moment in time you are working the front tyres more so I guess you were experiencing understeer at that moment.

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 09:16
It was in Shift2, but obviously we have an entirely new tyre model now... I will take a stab and say it's 'the amount of grip left available in that tyre at that moment'.

Thanks Ian

goonerjon777
11-06-2015, 09:18
You are correct about the temperatures, but you can't use them to tune camber/pressure as in the 21 step guide (for now) unfortunately.

The number with the ??? is the percentage of that wheel's grip that is being used. So in the image you've posted it looks like at that moment in time you are working the front tyres more so I guess you were experiencing understeer at that moment.

Thanks mate, even Ian Bell didn't know for sure on my other post :-)

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 09:20
IIRC Casey once said that this number is a leftover from the BTM tire model and serves basically no function right now.

Edit: Threads merged.

Ian Bell
11-06-2015, 09:28
IIRC Casey once said that this number is a leftover from the BTM tire model and serves basically no function right now.

Thanks, that makes me look a bit less clueless :)

mcbrew
11-06-2015, 10:30
I kinda figured it has something to do with grip. When you accelerate or go trough a corner, the number gets higher.

Is there a way to check the tyrewear? I cant seem to find out the condition of the tyres. Wich is mandatory to make good pitstop strategies :)

KartKingCorre
11-06-2015, 10:35
Is there a way to check the tyrewear? I cant seem to find out the condition of the tyres. Wich is mandatory to make good pitstop strategies :)

atm its all on the feel.. On pc i think you can see that data with a compagnion app, which sadly isnt available on console. I'm sure they will update and improve the console telemetry soon.

tclancey
11-06-2015, 11:04
The grip that is currently being used? I'm not convinced, as the weight of the car is currently all on the left but the front right tyre is reading 100? That doesn't sound right to me...

Roger Prynne
11-06-2015, 12:54

Correct, he did say that.

tclancey
11-06-2015, 13:02
Ah, ok. I missed that. My apologies.

Roger Prynne
11-06-2015, 13:06
No need for apologies as you wouldn't have known about it, as it was discussed on the WMD forum some time ago.

tclancey
11-06-2015, 13:08
In that case could it be turned into the tyre wear %? That would be very handy.

mcbrew
11-06-2015, 13:13
In that case could it be turned into the tyre wear %? That would be very handy.

yeah, that`d be very good :) i`d like to see my tyrewear so you can test how tyres behave in certain situations. That way you can plan pitstops way better.

hkraft300
11-06-2015, 13:30
From what I've seen on my own telemetry, it seems like that is the %-age of grip available, so the back left tire is only using 29% of its grip.
But apparently it now serves no purpose.

zennmeister
11-06-2015, 19:11
I don't think it represents grip available but some sort of guide regarding the contact patch on the road (but maybe this is what your meant?) I notice that during heavy acceleration these numbers in the front decrease which results in lighter steering. Braking of course shows the opposite. I could be wrong but this is what I've experienced. Strange that the OP's pic doesn't necessarily reflect this while entering a right turn.

Roger Prynne
11-06-2015, 20:00
I don't think it represents grip available but some sort of guide regarding the contact patch on the road (but maybe this is what your meant?) I notice that during heavy acceleration these numbers in the front decrease which results in lighter steering. Braking of course shows the opposite. I could be wrong but this is what I've experienced. Strange that the OP's pic doesn't necessarily reflect this while entering a right turn.

Did you not read this a few posts up?...

Correct, he did say that.

zennmeister
11-06-2015, 20:35
Did you not read this a few posts up?...

Responding to hkraft300 regarding availability as opposed to actual grip. Funny, did you not real his post?

Roger Prynne
11-06-2015, 20:39
Yep sure did and he said...

But apparently it now serves no purpose
So your post is moot.

zennmeister
11-06-2015, 21:04
:confused: :confused:

Ironic?

Sorry to the OP for going off on this pointless tangent