PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble catching slides

swannyUK88
11-06-2015, 10:52
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble catching the smallest of slides or having the car snap around without any hint of doing so.

I've got a G27 (playing on PC) so it might be some settings I need to change in game to get a better feel.

I was team member testing the game before release and I've been sim racing for years but I just can't get a sense of what the car is doing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

centurian
11-06-2015, 10:55
You may find this useful to help with settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjI3rXHOR4

jgaganas
11-06-2015, 10:57
You tried Jack Spades FFB-Tweaks? Helped me a lot with the MK IV...

chig88
11-06-2015, 11:01
Have you tried Jack Spade's Fy+SoPLateral FFB mix? Gives a better feel of what the rear end is doing.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&highlight=Jack+spade

chig88
11-06-2015, 11:02
You tried Jack Spades FFB-Tweaks? Helped me a lot with the MK IV...

Beat me to it!

Sankyo
11-06-2015, 11:09
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble catching the smallest of slides or having the car snap around without any hint of doing so.

I've got a G27 (playing on PC) so it might be some settings I need to change in game to get a better feel.

I was team member testing the game before release and I've been sim racing for years but I just can't get a sense of what the car is doing.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Which car(s) in particular? I was driving the Radical SR3 yesterday and found the same thing, basically because the grip regain is so sudden in this car that you need to be quick with the wheel to catch the snap oversteer. As suggested above, tweaking the FFB could make it easier, not sure though what parameter exactly (combination of Fy and SoP I guess).

Try Jack's tweakers as suggested above and see whether it changes anything (positively).

swannyUK88
11-06-2015, 11:50
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll try them next time I fire up the game.

Remco, I just seem to have trouble with most cars and end up guessing what it's going to do mainly when slowing down for tighter corners or exiting medium-fast ones. I don't get any consistency lap by lap, seems to do something different every lap (tyres maybe?)

For example I took the new Bentley GT3 for a spin around Oulton Park. Started off slowly trying to get a feel and then build some heat in the tyres.

From about lap 4 I tried to keep at the same pace. Main problems were braking for the chicane and hairpin where the car would just lose grip without warning when mid corner and then I'd get snap over steer on medium / high speed corner exits resulting in late over correction and getting spat over the other side of the track. Bare in mind this wasn't attacking the track by a long stretch.

Could well be a combination of poor car setup and getting used to how it handles mind you but i find this kind of thing with most cars.

RobMUFC1987
11-06-2015, 13:43
Maybe set up. The Bentley GT3 comes out the box twitchy out of medium-fast corners. Try lowering/increasing? camber as in move the slider to the right and lower Traction Slip

swannyUK88
11-06-2015, 18:48
Reporting back to say thank you very much guys. Tried the Jack spade settings, found a few tweaks and I can now drive on the edge and feel what is going on.

The default FFB settings really need looking at, might be putting people off.