PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea for better online racing

Andy Apex
11-06-2015, 11:57
First of all I know my idea and concept will get shot down by a few or by many.
And you know what I really don't care. Fire away !

Here's my idea in as brief as I can try to explain my concept.
I have the Twitter handle @rapidoneracing - I use it to post real racing & sim racing news.
I don't post everyday, but from time to time if I find something interesting I do.
Follow me if you like, don't if you don't want to. I don't care either way.
I'm not here to try and gain twitter followers, could care less about that.
Just here to offer a suggestion that others might help create a way to use twitter for better races.

What I was thinking is. I am going to use my twitter handle to race with.
Anyone that would like to race with me. I usually just do GT3 races, and work on
setups 80% offline most of my time. But I like to hop online and find a decent races.
Few and far between they are.

So if you see me online and want to add me to your twitter account that would be great.
Send me a message, and I'll add you to my list of good drivers. Anytime you have a race let me know.
If we all used our twitter handles to race with, it would make a great way to stay in touch and to let each
other know about races.

Maybe we can actually end up with some clean racing.
I race on PC.
I think Twitter would make a great messaging system for staying in touch with clean racers that want to enjoy
online races. With Twitter list and such it seem it would make a good system.

Just an idea & suggestion for better racing online for those that don't have the time or schedule to do league races
but would like to race online from time to time and try to have to good clean racing....take it as such.
I'm not the fastest and not the slowest, but my goal is to always race fair and clean.

Thanks for listening...see ya on the track. Just look for @rapidoneracing

Westbeef
11-06-2015, 12:26
Nice idea but steam has functions for this that I think work quite well.

MULTIVITZ
11-06-2015, 12:30
I knew I should have uprated my pc:(

Andy Apex
11-06-2015, 12:51
Nice idea but steam has functions for this that I think work quite well.

Steam is very cumbersome to me. Hate all the hoops you have to jump through. Twitter is painless.
Whatever floats your boat :-)

Westbeef
11-06-2015, 16:04
Steam is very cumbersome to me. Hate all the hoops you have to jump through. Twitter is painless.
Whatever floats your boat :-)

I agree, steam can be fiddly but I like the events that can be created & the reminders you get for them. As it's all integrated I find it easy to use :).