PDA

View Full Version : How to play "Survivor" the default Multiplayer mode

hostaman
11-06-2015, 13:01
I finally realized I've been approaching the Random lobby multiplayer all wrong.
It's not a racing game it's a survival horror game called "Survivor"

When selecting a lobby:

Full damage will add a random effect that could see you wiped out before the first turn. This is always enormous fun!
Assists off means much the same thing, with the added bonus that most of the other drivers will spin on every corner and quit by lap 3. Fewer the better.
Open wheel cars will multiply the above two effects by a factor of 10.
Actually getting around the Azure circuit is a physical impossibility. The entire track is just a red herring to see if you're awake.
If weather is set to "storm" you'll probably be the only finisher. Result!

Then we get to Qualifying.

Don't bother - it makes no difference. Qualification is for muppets. Just sit in the Garage and enjoy those Doritos. Yummy!

But do pick a lobby where there's a 90 minute qualification for a 2 lap race - Then put your feet up and wait for all the players to leave.

If you qualify in first place all other 15 cars will make it their mission to take you out before the end of lap 1
If you do happen to make it through, the 10 year old back marker parked on the grid will gun for you as you pass.

Of course this is where the fun really begins. Survival!

Don't bother with the racing line when you're being followed by the Toe Cutter, Turn in early so he can't push inside - and take you out.
When pursued by a demonic 13 year old, brake early - He'll smash into you, but you can still make the corner, while he spins out.
For the first chicane of the race don't bother racing. Just take things easy and watch the carnage unfold around you. The first chicane at Monza is great for this.
When charging down the straight and another driver starts slamming into the side of you, hit the brakes. You might end up on the turf, but he'll be stuffed into the barrier!

For added challenge try driving properly and wait for some no-brains to T-bone you. If damage is "on" you'll be driving sideways back to the pits*. When is this ever not hilarious?

If you make it to the end (position irrelevant) without rage quitting, congratulations you've beaten "Survivor" - The new game from Slightly Mad Studios.

Please feel free to share your own personal "Survivor" highlights ;)

*Really? Every bump results in broken steering? Really?

Wolkenwolf
11-06-2015, 13:54
Exactly LOL :D

Mark Quigley
11-06-2015, 14:03
I swear I hear screams of "WITNESS" while in random multiplayer lobbies.

MULTIVITZ
11-06-2015, 14:10
Well summed up. Very good. You'll find new friends that are in your boat if you want, it just takes time. I only have 1 official friend:cool:
And no, I'm not being religious. Your perseverance skills will be massive after a few months of pCARS.. lol. Things will get better once SMS has listened and patched with improvements. The clue is in the game title.

Body work rubbing, would be better that bent steering sometimes!

Harvey
11-06-2015, 14:41
Now I need some Doritos.

Megalomanic87
11-06-2015, 14:46
Here's a question that really had me thinking...

After reading the first post, i fully understood the instructions but i have to ask...

What flavour Doritos?

Pink_650S
11-06-2015, 14:49
What flavour Doritos?

Aluminum.

Mark Quigley
11-06-2015, 14:53
Aluminium.

Fixed that for you :p

hostaman
11-06-2015, 14:54
What flavour Doritos?

Troll tears :frown-new:

Silva5584
11-06-2015, 14:56
Nice post, it actually makes me want to join a random lobby, something I haven't done for a while now.

xautos
11-06-2015, 18:03
full survivor mode means deliberately troll the back row and let the trouble happen ahead, pick off the stragglers and eventually you find your way to the spot where you can no longer go faster. have done that a lot recently, didnt know there was a thread about it xD

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 18:09
*Really? Every bump results in broken steering? Really?

This is exactly why I run all my lobbies damage off. Protect yourself from the crazies!

hostaman
11-06-2015, 19:17
full survivor mode means deliberately troll the back row and let the trouble happen ahead, pick off the stragglers and eventually you find your way to the spot where you can no longer go faster. have done that a lot recently, didnt know there was a thread about it xD

Erm I do hope you know I was being ironic?

What have I done?

xautos
11-06-2015, 19:37
Erm I do hope you know I was being ironic?

i know and was counting it :p. still funny watching smoke, flying wings and what not ahead.

Fyrwulf
12-06-2015, 05:58
Fixed that for you :p

No, Aluminum is the original spelling.

OP: Nice driving.

Rallo
12-06-2015, 08:01
Wouldn't it be just consequent if SMS change the single race mode to "Last Man Standing"?
How many times I started in a field of 20 and ended with 2.

hostaman
22-06-2015, 12:05
Well obviously not a "Survival Player" just came across my first ever clean driver in a random! :eek-new: We battled together for 4 laps of Monza without a single touch.

I must dig out his name and add it to the hall of fame! ;)

Edit: The guy was. Whybird90

Mark Quigley
22-06-2015, 12:46
No, Aluminum is the original spelling.

OP: Nice driving.

pfft!

A quote from wiki.

"The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990 but, three years later, recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant. Hence their periodic table includes both.[68] IUPAC internal publications use either spelling in nearly the same number.[69]

Most countries use the spelling aluminium. In the United States and Canada, the spelling aluminum predominates.[19][70] The Canadian Oxford Dictionary prefers aluminum, whereas the Australian Macquarie Dictionary prefers aluminium. In 1926, the American Chemical Society officially decided to use aluminum in its publications; American dictionaries typically label the spelling aluminium as "chiefly British".[71][72]"

Lets sort this once and for all with a fight in the carpark, here hold my beer :p

ccvampyre
23-06-2015, 12:24
pfft!

A quote from wiki.

"The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990 but, three years later, recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant. Hence their periodic table includes both.[68] IUPAC internal publications use either spelling in nearly the same number.[69]

Most countries use the spelling aluminium. In the United States and Canada, the spelling aluminum predominates.[19][70] The Canadian Oxford Dictionary prefers aluminum, whereas the Australian Macquarie Dictionary prefers aluminium. In 1926, the American Chemical Society officially decided to use aluminum in its publications; American dictionaries typically label the spelling aluminium as "chiefly British".[71][72]"

Lets sort this once and for all with a fight in the carpark, here hold my beer :p

surely you mean 'ale'?!

and before he tells you 'he could care less...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw&feature=player_detailpage

MLT24
23-06-2015, 14:55
Same with me, found clean driver, but when I go to players met in ps4 friends menu it hardly ever shows anyone you played with. Same crap problem we had on ps3.

MrFlibble81
23-06-2015, 21:47
For the first chicane of the race don't bother racing. Just take things easy and watch the carnage unfold around you. The first chicane at Monza is great for this.
[/I]

I've tried to do this at particularly at Monza and it normally ends with me getting rear ended and then once I catch the rammers up again it's impossible to pass them because as soon as you do they end up ramming you of the road again!!

If I do manage to avoid a first lap wreck I can normally keep up with the front runners and push despite not being the quickest racer in the world.

rotorrian
24-06-2015, 01:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3h5H05LqHE

My experience, though I have noted the MP game getting better now the kids are playing scrolls

zennmeister
24-06-2015, 17:44
^^ After the initial incident, you clearly had limited control of your damaged car yet you continued to race in traffic without any attempts to pull over or slow down. You should have waited at the chicane (or earlier) for the track to clear. I'm not surprised you got rear-ended by the remaining half of the field.

hostaman
25-06-2015, 12:06
I agree, he's clearly not a survivor veteran.

He should have rage quit after his car was damaged, while swearing loudly at the screen :D