PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma AI

ROTTEN
11-06-2015, 14:07
Curious if anyone else has noticed the AI acting like glue on the back of your car on Sonoma short (formula rookie 80% AI )?? Sonoma is the only track I have had to scale down the AI difficulty in order to hit the podium. One instance I'm 2 seconds ahead and with the blink of an eye the AI are 3 feet behind me either ramming me off the track or passing at break neck speeds. It's almost like the AI are glued to the track around corners on sonoma. Am I crazy or are the AI super strength on sonoma? I dunno, maybe I just need to practice this track another 100 times lolz.

NemethR
11-06-2015, 16:01
I did not race there with the Frookie, BUT when I did, (with other cars) they were not so fast.
But Sonoma is a really challenging track, might be, it is you who are slower, then on other tracks (no offense).

Rustyjaw
11-06-2015, 16:51
I had a terrible experience in a GT4 race in career there. I qualified for pole and 2nd in the two races, but was repeatedly run off the road at the chicanes during the races. The rolling start there was another nightmare as the light turns green just as you reach the hairpin right that leads to the start/finish line. Navigating that turn with 19 cars behind you is not fun. I had to restart that race so many times just to maintain a decent position. Bad all around.

Ryno917
11-06-2015, 17:11
I found, myself, that I'm very slow in the right handed after the initial hilly bit, and I'm a bit slow through T1, but other than that I'm miles quicker than the AI in the FRookie (86%).

I haven't had any issues with them running into me, either.

My guess is that you're just a little too slow in some areas, and that catches out the AI in those locations.

Rustyjaw
11-06-2015, 17:17
I found, myself, that I'm very slow in the right handed after the initial hilly bit, and I'm a bit slow through T1, but other than that I'm miles quicker than the AI in the FRookie (86%).

I haven't had any issues with them running into me, either.

My guess is that you're just a little too slow in some areas, and that catches out the AI in those locations.

I thought that too, so I changed my braking spots repeatedly to try and figure out why, the second my foot touched the brakes the AI would immediately jump to grab an inside line, and would cut the chicanes. I discovered that I really was not braking early and that they take that tack no matter. I restarted those races so many times in an effort to have a clean race. Never was able to get it to happen.