PDA

View Full Version : Time accel question.

AlonsoZA
11-06-2015, 15:36
Hey guys new to the forum here. I'm not posting about an issue since I've had almost zero problems with the game thus far and have enjoyed it a lot!

I do have a question though, specifically on quick race weekend... or in my case, endurance race weekends.
I decided to do some endurance racing through Le Mans due to it coming up this weekend. I set the laps to 125, 2x Time Progression and Random fixed weather. I raced for a good 8 hours, (some done by the AI driver as I have to take breaks :p) but I noticed that we did not go through any night racing. Im a little confused as to how the time progression works. If it helps, I start the race at 2 PM game time.

If anyone could provide a setup (as in laps, time progression etc.) for endurance racing where you can go through 5-12 hours of playing with Day to Night changing?

FA RACING 01
11-06-2015, 15:40
Hey, another countryman and an Alonso fan too. Welcome mate.

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 15:49
Increase time acceleration lot more

125 laps x 3,5min/lap x 2x time accel / 60min/hour means you only covered = ?? Hours

(Someone else do the math for me)

Edit: ok thats like 14 hours for you, should have gone into night. Hmm

So really it was sunny morning whole time? Sun/shadows did not move at all?

AlonsoZA
11-06-2015, 15:58
Hey, another countryman and an Alonso fan too. Welcome mate.
Thanks man! Appreciate it. Need to find more South Africans to race with.

Increase time acceleration lot more

125 laps x 3,5min/lap x 2x time accel / 60min/hour means you only covered = ?? Hours

Edit: ok thats like 14 hours for you, should have gone into night. Hmm

So really it was sunny morning whole time? Sun/shadows did not move at all?

Yeah, pretty much. Was beginning to think it was, but my mind was playing games with me as it remained sunny the whole time.

Umer Ahmad
11-06-2015, 16:09
It should be working. As a test go back to the track. Set time accel to 60x park your car and observe.

AlonsoZA
11-06-2015, 16:53
It should be working. As a test go back to the track. Set time accel to 60x park your car and observe.

Ive done that and it worked. But Ive done 3 races with the x2 time multiplier. I might have to raise it to x5 (I think :P)

Pervasive
11-06-2015, 17:04
X15 got me from sunset to almost noon in 9 laps.

The jackel
12-06-2015, 03:58
When i start an quick race weekend the time progression has not been saved. Date and time are set om custom. The date is the 13th of june and the time is 21:00 and the time progression is 5x. I start An race on le mans but isn't getting dark..

Is this an known issue or is there An workaround to fix this? At the release of Project Cars i did not have dit problem so i Think the problem has been started after the 1.3 patch.

Umer Ahmad
12-06-2015, 04:20
moved here, see the discussion above.

Crazy Stiggy
12-06-2015, 05:46
Hey Alonso fellow South African. I find the weather and time of day seems to break when you set your race to alot of laps. Happens to me almost everytime.

malcster
12-06-2015, 05:59
When i start an quick race weekend the time progression has not been saved. Date and time are set om custom. The date is the 13th of june and the time is 21:00 and the time progression is 5x. I start An race on le mans but isn't getting dark..

Is this an known issue or is there An workaround to fix this? At the release of Project Cars i did not have dit problem so i Think the problem has been started after the 1.3 patch.

+1 I have the exact same issue it doesn't save the settings

flymar
12-06-2015, 06:16
+1 I have the exact same issue it doesn't save the settings

Are you completely sure it was x5 just before the start. I was experiencing revert to real time when after setting date/conditions I was changing other things.

AlonsoZA
12-06-2015, 08:54
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Ill try out today as a pre-le mans workout ;) Ill see how things go.

nissan4ever
12-06-2015, 10:24
Something you might not know. The game takes in account for the moon.

2 weeks ago around May 23 2015, I was messing around at Oulton Park Island with the Formula Rookie on practice. I know the car doesn't have headlights, but I did set the time to 1am. I was driving but could still had plenty of light on the track.

I thought about it, hum, I see the moon. I wonder if that's it. So then I backed out & changed the date to may 3rd 2015 at 1 am. Went back to the track. It was dark as the Devils house. Couldn't see nothing, lol!

So, looks like they take the moon cycle into account. I think it's still a little to lit up because of moon, but that's fine & cool they did implement the moon light.

The jackel
14-06-2015, 17:21
IT Works when i set the time progression higher!

Brent G
14-06-2015, 18:21

We must've had the same maths teacher mate ;)

Brent G
14-06-2015, 18:23
It seems you have to set condition each time you start a race weekend.

noshir
15-06-2015, 00:34
I noticed in free practice, when I set up race conditions and set the time to 22:00 with 60x time progression, on the next screen (after start) time progression was listed as real time. Changed to 60x again and started driving. Time progression was working, but it had started in the morning.

milliotseb
15-06-2015, 10:59
I noticed in free practice, when I set up race conditions and set the time to 22:00 with 60x time progression, on the next screen (after start) time progression was listed as real time. Changed to 60x again and started driving. Time progression was working, but it had started in the morning.
Even if you select 60X time progression in quick race start menu, free practices and qualif time progression could be adjusted independently in the "monitor" menu (with default set to "realtime"). But race should run with the pre-set time progression (60x in your case)

One advice would be to set every parameters in the quick race menu and set time progression at last > as it appear to reset to "off" quite easily > this setting is not saved. Start time is saved.

Edit: I tried a 20 laps Le Mans race with time progression x15 (start time 17:00) and it appear to work. Dawn after 3 laps. Dark after 5 laps

noshir
15-06-2015, 13:20
To be clear, I'm referring to the quick practice mode, not quick practice in solo or career.