PDA

View Full Version : Using DLC cars without having bought it

Steam
11-06-2015, 19:08
So I was in a lobby on PS4 and the host set all cars to be the same, Bentley Continental GT3. I played online with the a car that I dont have in my garage, because I don't have the new DLC.

Even after the host left and the game let me be the host, I still could use the car.

Is this a bug or a feature?

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 19:10
So if you could drive the car fine without having downloaded the DLC and there hasn't been an update since the cars have come out... What did the people who downloaded the DLC actually download?

Steam
11-06-2015, 19:18
So if you could drive the car fine without having downloaded the DLC and there hasn't been an update since the cars have come out... What did the people who downloaded the DLC actually download?

File size: 1.1MB

How can the cars, the sounds, the paints, have so small size?

ToOSk3tChY
11-06-2015, 19:22
They would have been there in some way already and have been granted access or unlocked if you like or they're the same as another car with updated sound and or body shape is my guess...

ToOSk3tChY
11-06-2015, 19:23
or they don't take up as much space as we would think ????

Steam
11-06-2015, 19:30
or they don't take up as much space as we would think ????

I'm pretty sure all future DLC are in the game, because there was a leaked list of the DLC and the first pack confirmed the list was real. There are even videos from weeks agoo with a guy using all these new 5 cars. PC modders/hackers can access all this locked content.

I dont blame SMS, because they deverve all the money they can get.

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 19:56

I'm pretty sure all future DLC are in the game, because there was a leaked list of the DLC and the first pack confirmed the list was real. There are even videos from weeks agoo with a guy using all these new 5 cars. PC modders/hackers can access all this locked content.

I dont blame SMS, because they deverve all the money they can get.

As said several times by the devs, some models are in the original release but not complete, so when you buy it you download the final versions of physics and minor upgrades, and obviously the right to use the dlc cars whenever you want, online or offline. The fact that those who didn't bought the dlc can use the cars in online lobbies with car restriction is a feature, so you will not be kicked of a lobby because you do not have the car, but you have what the lobby host tell you to race. Who bought the packs can race the cars in comunity events, time trials, solo racings, free practices and even future career events.

Dome DLC may be already in the game, some not.

About the size of the download, it doesn't matter because it's diferent between platforms, the PS4 is 1.1 but the xbox one is 9.5, the same size as a forza car pack dlc.

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 20:00
I get that, but if he was driving the car just fine we can't say for sure the Continental GT3 wasn't already finished.

TheReaper GT
11-06-2015, 20:02
I get that, but if he was driving the car just fine we can't say for sure the Continental GT3 wasn't already finished.

I think online car data is handled by the host, who have all the data needed to do that, and maybe that data is temporally transfered to the clients for the race duration. But those are just supositions.

apexatspeed
11-06-2015, 20:10
I think online car data is handled by the host, who have all the data needed to do that, and maybe that data is temporally transfered to the clients for the race duration. But those are just supositions.

That could be correct I honestly have no idea. I was simply providing the question for discussion.

FoxMulder
11-06-2015, 20:17
Everyone will get every car through future patches and additions, you only unlock them when you buy the DLC. This is of course due to online functionality.
Don't know about the tracks though, the host might get a notice that the DLC track can't be chosen because someone in the lobby hasn't got the track pack. If not and everybody can drive the DLC cars and tracks when the host got them, even better.

tclancey
11-06-2015, 21:06
Nah! In coding terms you just wouldn't consider that, makes no sense. The cars are there and unlocked, when you buy the DLC. I would think later DLC's would be proper add-ons.

I'm only working on my knowledge of writing software and the potential nightmare it would be to send all the data for a car to all connected clients for a single race then to be deleted, makes no sense. However if I'm wrong and this is what is happening, bloody hell, well done!!

Steam
11-06-2015, 21:10
Another thing. The host left the session while the racing was still on, and the AI cars stopped racing.

flymar
11-06-2015, 21:10
I'm only working on my knowledge of writing software and the potential nightmare it would be to send all the data for a car to all connected clients for a single race then to be deleted, makes no sense. However if I'm wrong and this is what is happening, bloody hell, well done!!I don't suppose host handles 600 Hz physics update for all clients. Cars were there, physics update (little patch) and DLC availability appeared after passing the manufacturer check ins that happened after release. It's on the forum , mentioned by devs.