PDA

View Full Version : Race Position Glitch

jamieobrien95
11-06-2015, 23:31
Not sure if anyone else posted on this matter as I don't have time to check through but I have recently had a problem with the race ending position board, I won a race just before and it pushed me down to 2nd and a guy who wasnt even in the top 3 managed to win, and not just win but he won by 3 minutes.

This has happened several times but that was the worst, sometimes it gives me wins when I know I didn't finish first. If anyone has any news about a possible fix or shares the same problem then feel free to comment below :-)

Bubbs
11-06-2015, 23:55
This happens in Driveclub as well from time to time - I believe due to lag.

3 minutes is extreme though!

I did a race at Brno yesterday in which I lost out (I thought) to my opponent in the penultimate corner. Followed him over the line, reckoned I was probably 0.5 sec adrift... Results came up and I was in fact 0.077 ahead!

jamieobrien95
12-06-2015, 15:26
I have never played DriveClub haha, I heard it wasn't that great and after me buying The Crew which was hands down the worst racing game I have ever played, I decided to wait it out for this.

And yeah I've had that where I was roughly between 0.5 and a second behind 1st and got given the win, I shouldn't complain at a free win but at the same time I didn't deserve it and I think they need to patch this if they can.

Bubbs
15-06-2015, 06:44
DC was a dog on launch. Decent pick up and play racer now though, particularly the time trial challenges. The Crew though - I played the demo and that was enough haha!

Back on topic :)

I've noticed that if someone quits after the race finishes but before you get to the lobby, then everyone below them gets promoted.

Also, the first standings screen you see is the order in which cars cross the line, not necessarily the running order. I got lapped recently (the shame!), and crossed the line just behind the winner. Results came up and it showed me as 2nd. :confused:

Once the race timer expired though, and we left the track to go to the final standings screen then the table was correct, I was shown at the back, 1 lap down.

There is definitely something up with the after-race standings/timings because the gaps don't always pop in correctly. One thing that'll tell you if a result is blatantly incorrect is the total race time.

tntcbag
23-06-2015, 04:02
This just happened to me in career mode. I was out of fuel on the 2nd last lap, did a slow lap to get back to the finish line and instead of pitting and doing a lap by myself I waited for the leaders to come around and crossed the line just after them. Was actually in last place, but was shown as 4th in the standings. Got 4th points place in the championship too.

MLT24
23-06-2015, 05:05
Raced 3 races online today in league play with no one lagging, very smooth. 2 out of 3 races final leader board showed me futher back than how I finished.

LPlates
13-11-2015, 08:18
I'm getting this happen a lot. My league did a race at Zolder last night in the BMW 320 Grp.5 and I won by about a car length.
The result came up a few seconds later and showed me in 2nd by 0.2.

Both of us were lag free all race and we were on comms discussing it. We both thought I won by a car length so we were seeing the same relative track position for each other.

I grabbed the finish from the replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rdrxz6QS90

I also streamed it to twitch. The race finish is at 30:00 and the results table is displayed at 31:16.
http://www.twitch.tv/xx_lplates_xx/v/25457610

On the twitch stream it clearly shows my position as first as I cross the line and the 2nd car is visible in the rear view mirror.

vahagn_hayk
13-11-2015, 18:32
happens to me in almost every session unless I host it myself, then 2 out of 4 or 2 out of 5 times it does NOT glitch..but usually never in the right place.

another thing the game does, let's say your quali or hot lap was 2:00:010, shows on your motec and in cockpit view deltas, you go back into pits and time now shows 2:00:012. happens on every track, and not sure what causes it, and various times for quali/ hot lap.