PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 stability

Spaldy
12-06-2015, 00:37
Hi

I picked up 1.4 on Steam tonight and generally seems to be a little unstable compared to 1.3. In around 90mins experimenting I've experienced:

- lock up entering garage (clock animation and blurred out car camera spin running but no juice after several mins)
- half a dozen or so lock ups with various tracks and car combinations on the track loading screen (tips keep scrolling and clock animation runs)
- several crashes including "size error decompressing asset (XMemDecompress)" and various unexpected traps. Selection of debug files attached.

As others on forum have said, FFB (using G27) is clipping heavily at different levels with different cars even when reducing overall strength (I reset profile, no specific car setups and no tweaker files installed), but I've not experimented much yet.

Cheers

(Edit)
For the lookups I was mainly looking at new icons and limited edition dlc motors I'd just unlocked, but not exclusively

JeyD02
12-06-2015, 00:43
Oh boy oh boy.

Alan Dallas
12-06-2015, 00:44
No issue here yet for the 2 hours I've used patch 1.4. If you were using custom FFB XML files keep them installed if you liked the way they felt.

yusupov
12-06-2015, 00:51
did you have ffb issues before you reset the profile?

my tweaked ffb seem to have 'stuck'; im not about to delete my profile & recalibrate/reset everything, but i find it weird that i removed the jack spade folder & still have the same ffb.

hopefully hotfixes dont take 2 weeks to approve :D

Spaldy
12-06-2015, 01:02
did you have ffb issues before you reset the profile?

my tweaked ffb seem to have 'stuck'; im not about to delete my profile & recalibrate/reset everything, but i find it weird that i removed the jack spade folder & still have the same ffb.

hopefully hotfixes dont take 2 weeks to approve :D

Yes, I noticed a difference instantly and eventually reset profile. I hadn't touched much prior to reset from memory, though.

Ghost_rider
12-06-2015, 01:07
Its i really bad patch for me and i dont like it much look here; http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30834-Stuttering-online&p=983816#post983816 and for the record i upload the dump file as well in here;

Roger Prynne
12-06-2015, 01:10
Well everything is just as perfect as it was before so no probs here so far.

Ghost_rider
12-06-2015, 01:23
@ Roger Prynne you can ventilating your point of view anywhere on the forum were others have issues with the same statements, "all is fine at your end" But its like as say, a blind man says 'i dont see any' it will not say its not there.....so keep it constructed and that will apply as well for a mod/ employee of the company...cheers

Roger Prynne
12-06-2015, 01:27
WTH... I'm not saying nobody else has a problem just saying all is fine with mine at the moment is all as others have said.

F2kSel
12-06-2015, 01:29
I didn't have any lock ups tonight or locked drive options but the hud still isn't saving the virtual mirror and bumper cam view issue is still present.

Bleis
12-06-2015, 14:00
My client closes every time I exit a race. Project cars closes down, and I have to restart it...