PDA

View Full Version : Engine Blows

DDSniper
12-06-2015, 02:43
Alright so im having an issue and i want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue it has made me postpone m 24hour race....
So i have noticed that i get Random engine Blown messages when im racing it just happend before i got on here I was on Lemans with 5 laps to go of a 50 lap race and no mechanical fault warning... i just made the turn around the back of the track before you hit the ford cichane and i my engine blows i was not Working the car hard or anything and before that i had made a pit stop to get tires fuel and fix all damage if any its making me angry because ive had this happen in everything from the 125CC goKart to the LMP 1 and the Lycan Hypersport is anyone else having this issue

JimStick1
12-06-2015, 02:44
Do you use manual gears?

Dasidnii
12-06-2015, 02:51
Either you are red lining the living hell out of it, or you may be damaging the front end / rear end and you don't realize it. The slightest gash where the engine is could puncture the radiator and the temps will sky rocket.

DDSniper
12-06-2015, 02:54
No i use automatic and ive stretched the gears out and it only ever happens with less that 6 laps left i am also a very Clean driver if i do make contact i get it fixed as soon as i pit again

Rambo_Commando
12-06-2015, 02:57
Alright so im having an issue and i want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue it has made me postpone m 24hour race....
So i have noticed that i get Random engine Blown messages when im racing it just happend before i got on here I was on Lemans with 5 laps to go of a 50 lap race and no mechanical fault warning... i just made the turn around the back of the track before you hit the ford cichane and i my engine blows i was not Working the car hard or anything and before that i had made a pit stop to get tires fuel and fix all damage if any its making me angry because ive had this happen in everything from the 125CC goKart to the LMP 1 and the Lycan Hypersport is anyone else having this issue

I'm into my third season and have only had one Blown engine. I have mechanical failures "on" so I would expect that to happen. That's racing.

JimStick1
12-06-2015, 02:57
It could be a case of terminal engine damage not being fixed, which is how I would expect it to work. I've come in to the pits to fix a damaged engine only for it to blow half a lap after exiting the pits. You've just gotta be more careful and avoid contact wherever possible, I guess.

DDSniper
12-06-2015, 03:01
if your wondering what car i was using it was the 1989 Sauber Mercedes C8

DDSniper
12-06-2015, 03:02
well that makes me not want to do any long races like 24hours and such

JDFSSS
12-06-2015, 03:50
This game doesn't have any random mechanical failures, and I don't think there are any known bugs that will cause an engine to blow. It's probably something you are doing. Be sure to keep an eye on your engine temps so you can see when the problem starts. I'm also not sure how well engine damage can be repaired in the pits. In real life, engine damage isn't repaired with a quick pit stop, so it might also be like this in game. The only time I've ever had an issue with engines blowing is when I run into things.

Umer Ahmad
12-06-2015, 04:07
Radiator FULL open?

robnkel
12-06-2015, 04:44
I just ran a quick 4 lap race at Bathurst in the ruf, blew the engine down conrod straight in Lap 3, coasted to pit lane and auto pitting drove me to the pits, but unfortunately they didn't fix my engine and I just sat there.sad.

JimStick1
12-06-2015, 05:51
I just ran a quick 4 lap race at Bathurst in the ruf, blew the engine down conrod straight in Lap 3, coasted to pit lane and auto pitting drove me to the pits, but unfortunately they didn't fix my engine and I just sat there.sad.

Looks like engine damage isn't fixed in the pits confirmed

321Respawn
12-06-2015, 05:58
Only time I have had engine blown with auto gears and no damage is red lining it all the way down that long straight on Nordshleife .Otherwise it has happened when using manual gears and downshifting to fast or after some form of collision in long races .

BCFCBristolRed
12-06-2015, 06:11
I've only blown one engine and that was to test out the failures. Guess either I'm just a very careful driver or very lucky.

hkraft300
12-06-2015, 07:35
Doesn't matter how clean or well repaired, if your temperatures are high, your engine will blow.
Temps can jump by ~20c while at the pits. You need to monitor it.
I doubt it's a random failure. The Lotus 98T for example can have sudden catastrophic failures at full boost running hard within 5 laps at Spa. Without warning of faults or temps. They're built in the 80's.