PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Loophole causing serious problem

EvoM3
12-06-2015, 04:58
I recently experienced a loop hole in the multiplayer for this game that can have some serious consequences.

We had a room of about 12 players. One particular player, was very fast but would ram his way through the field and use other cars as brakes (pushing them wide and getting them a penalty for a shortcut). The room decided to kick this player.

We thought nothing of it, more players left and joined. After qualifying in the next round, we went to race. As soon as the race started, the ramming started again, he had simply joined with a different name and no one realised until the race started.

This repeated 5 times until we all gave up playing for the night. It literally ended in everyone giving up because we couldn't tell who the user was when they joined.

It was also later discovered that this particular player was using other racers ID's and ramming people.

Player ID's should not be able to change. Or at least it should take 24 hours for the change to become effective. If a player ID already exists, they shouldn't be allowed to use the same ID.

Alan_Bernardo
12-06-2015, 05:22
These things will happen until the day comes when no more racing simulators (er, games) are made.

A VERY simple solution:

Password protect the server and only give the password to people you know.

An easy solution, rather than rambling on about something you have no control over.

Alan

driftoz
12-06-2015, 07:29
a ban by steam ID in a blacklist works well for AC and there are Blacklists in pcars dedicated server but theres no way to use it yet

EvoM3
12-06-2015, 08:31
These things will happen until the day comes when no more racing simulators (er, games) are made.

A VERY simple solution:

Password protect the server and only give the password to people you know.

An easy solution, rather than rambling on about something you have no control over.

Alan

Thanks Alan, though you've contributed nothing constructive.

Every night I play on open servers and 8/10 times the players are good.. I enjoy nothing more than finding a new challenger in an online race and going to battle.. just because the occasional racer exploits this, doesn't mean I should stick to racing on pirvate servers with people I know in small rooms.. by your logic, if I go online and none of my friends are racing, I simply wouldn't race.

We do, as customers have some control - SMS at some level do listen.. or read rather... there are simple solutions for SMS, as suggested after your post.

gemonic
13-06-2015, 01:59
couldnt agree more... While its true racing in private lobbies does fix this.... how the hell do you meet new players that way. A simple kick option would at least be a start