PDA

View Full Version : No Assists - How to counter act the lack of them

DesmoPT
12-06-2015, 08:41
Hello,

Been playing this awesome game with assists ON - and loving it.
Now i have the need to play with NO assists at all and im having a lot of trouble getting on with it, spinning all the time (even by just downshifting) and locking brakes/tires.

Can please someone tell me in terms of setup what should i do to help me counter act the lack of assists?

Thanks in advance!

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 08:45
1) Have a good read here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28168-Develop-Your-Skills-Safe-is-Fast
2) I would recommend to set the assists to "real" instead of "no". Some cars have driving assists IRL for a reason and are very hard to tame when they're deactivated.

What cars do you have the most problems with?

Bunyip_McLuvin
12-06-2015, 08:49
are you using a controller of a wheel?
if your using a wheel then working on your heel toe skills will help with the downshifting.

take full advantage of practice sessions and take it slow at first.
may also need to change your diff settings and brake mapping

DesmoPT
12-06-2015, 08:51
1) Have a good read here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28168-Develop-Your-Skills-Safe-is-Fast
2) I would recommend to set the assists to "real" instead of "no". Some cars have driving assists IRL for a reason and are very hard to tame when they're deactivated.

What cars do you have the most problems with?

Thank you first of all.

Last night i was trying to make a few laps with the Aston Martin GT3 in the Bugatti Circuit, i kept spinning. The first turn you need to start breaking and downshifting while youre still turning right on that amazingly fast corner. As soon as i gently touched the brakes or even easy the throttle the car spinned - very frustrating. I was running 1:35.3 with assists and i was immediatly 5 sec slower with no assists. The track is very very bumpier and for that reason is even harder to kep the car on the road.

Just an example.

Thanks

P.S - Using the T300RS

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 08:56
Thank you first of all.

Last night i was trying to make a few laps with the Aston Martin GT3 in the Bugatti Circuit, i kept spinning. The first turn you need to start breaking and downshifting while youre still turning right on that amazingly fast corner. As soon as i gently touched the brakes or even easy the throttle the car spinned - very frustrating. I was running 1:35.3 with assists and i was immediatly 5 sec slower with no assists. The track is very very bumpier and for that reason is even harder to kep the car on the road.

Just an example.

Thanks

P.S - Using the T300RS

GT3 cars use ABS and TC irl. Trying to brake while turning with deactivated ABS is deadly.

But if you still like to master this challenge put the brake bias more towards front and make the rear suspension softer (or the front harder). You could also increase the limited slip decelleration differential.
This should give you a more understeery behaviour while braking.

DesmoPT
12-06-2015, 09:00
"GT3 cars use ABS and TC irl"

please explain what that means :) Im Portuguese and some terms are completely alien for me...

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 09:09

please explain what that means :) Im Portuguese and some terms are completely alien for me...

GT3 cars like your Aston Martin are using ABS (Antilock Braking System) and TC (Traction Control) in the real world.

Sik180sx
12-06-2015, 09:10

ABS = Anti-lock Braking System
TC = Traction Control
IRL = In Real Life

Hope that helps mate :)

Edit: Tree'd by Bealdor lol

DesmoPT
12-06-2015, 10:23
ABS = Anti-lock Braking System
TC = Traction Control
IRL = In Real Life

Hope that helps mate :)

Edit: Tree'd by Bealdor lol

ok ... THATS A START :)
Now i have to learn how to turn things around ...

More setup tips would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Slicker_VR
12-06-2015, 10:43
GT3 cars use ABS and TC irl. Trying to brake while turning with deactivated ABS is deadly.

not really - just needs a bit of practice - and ultimately quicker without aids :)

HLR Ghosty
12-06-2015, 10:43
Braking without ABS you will get the feel for but you will find yourself locking up at first, brake a little earlier into the corners to begin with and you will find yourself adjusting as you get used to it. Driving without TC is more throttle control, don't mash it out of a corner but just ease the throttle on.