PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.4: Infinite track loading issue

N0body Of The Goat
12-06-2015, 09:06
I am having to kill pCARS64 an awful lot this morning, because the game gets stuck on the track loading screen.

Music plays fine, the "clock dial" spins (but unlike when the track loads correctly, the rotation speed is pretty constant).

As an example...
Quick Race using the settings in place when I last started pCARS worked fine (Lotus 78 @ Dubai International), I then join an online server where everyone is in the lobby (GT3 @ Brands GP), the vote to launch countdown reaches zero and the game hangs on the track loading screen.

Anyone else?

Mbg4
12-06-2015, 09:21
Got this issue once this week before(!) the patch. Also had to kill the process. Worked fine after that, but didn't join the same lobby again.

Lars Rosenquist
12-06-2015, 09:32
Did you try to verify integrity of the games files via Steam? Have had it happen on occasion, but very infrequent and not reproducible.

N0body Of The Goat
12-06-2015, 09:59
Did you try to verify integrity of the games files via Steam? Have had it happen on occasion, but very infrequent and not reproducible.

Verifies cache fine.

I've had this at times during WMD testing, but I don't remember it being as bad as this morning for a very long time.

Lars Rosenquist
12-06-2015, 10:34
Will give it a go later today after I patched up, could be a new bug.

F2kSel
12-06-2015, 12:11
I had the track loading issue in quite a few races in 1.3 and earlier but didn't get it last night.

The problem is the game seems different every time I load it.

From day 1 the highway track always failed to load then the day before the 1.4 patch it started to work but Hockenhiem short started with the same issue.

The game is very hit and miss for me, the main issues seems to be unpacking files, the game files have been verified.

Pr3t3nd3r
12-06-2015, 12:20
I have this kind of problem from time to time while loading MP session :)

jpmmuc
12-06-2015, 14:04
I had the track loading issue in quite a few races in 1.3 and earlier but didn't get it last night.

The problem is the game seems different every time I load it.

From day 1 the highway track always failed to load then the day before the 1.4 patch it started to work but Hockenhiem short started with the same issue.

The game is very hit and miss for me, the main issues seems to be unpacking files, the game files have been verified.

Could also be a RAM error, sure that your RAM is ok? This reminds me a of a problem from a friend of me, he was complaining about problems I've never seen ... after a day of really heavy testing his rick we found a bad RAM module.

Ischemica
12-06-2015, 15:26
I had this problem until I cleaned my registry with CCCleaner. Loads as before now

Pr3t3nd3r
12-06-2015, 16:40
Had this problem 3 times today since the latest patch (all trying to load a MP session). It's quiet strange IMO...

Bruno Alexandre
12-06-2015, 17:33
We've been trying to repro during the afternoon and so far nothing, might be some sort of overload on the network but i would expect much more users to be experiencing it. Even thought it would be the dedicated server issue but that one was solved around 4pm (2h ago aprox)

N0body Of The Goat
12-06-2015, 17:45
Its happening offline too Bruno in Quick Race Weekend, a fresh profile or fresh graphicsconfig (made during that launch of pCARS) makes the default LMP @ Dubai International fail to load the track (I think with high repro for me). It happens at other times too, with less certainty.

Pr3t3nd3r
12-06-2015, 18:16
We've been trying to repro during the afternoon and so far nothing, might be some sort of overload on the network but i would expect much more users to be experiencing it. Even thought it would be the dedicated server issue but that one was solved around 4pm (2h ago aprox)

After latest patch (after the 1.4) game sessions were loading fine :)

But I have to remind you that this infinite track loading issue was happening also before 1.4 patch but not so often as it was happening today :)

Pr3t3nd3r
13-06-2015, 11:13
After latest patch (after the 1.4) game sessions were loading fine :)

But I have to remind you that this infinite track loading issue was happening also before 1.4 patch but not so often as it was happening today :)

Spoke to soon :( Endless loading again :(

Trying to load a MP session (SPA, GT3 class, 32 slots, can't remember what time of the day was it set :().

Shepard2603
13-06-2015, 12:01
Can confirm this with career (Ginetta G40 in Slverstone) when I wanted to jump to the end of qualy-session. Infinite loading screen, no dbg created. Never happened before Patch 1.4

jetlag
14-06-2015, 01:31
Same issue here. Had to kill it 4 times. Never had issue before 1.4

Dude68
14-06-2015, 03:09
I've had at least 3 loading screen hangs since 1.4 patch in single player.
Also Simulate Session never ends but I can exit that within game.

Restart game everything loads fine. Only had 1 crash before patch 1.4

turbohondaej1
14-06-2015, 06:51
Weird I get it with Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya national 7 out of ten times no problems with other tracks yet.

Mafkees89
14-06-2015, 08:39
I've encountered this issue a couple of times since the 1.4 update: all offline, in career, quick raceweekend and free practice
mode. One thing I noticed is that when it goes into the neverending loading, you can also tell from the fps you're getting. for
me it locks to 90 fps immediately when it starts the neverending loading, while the fps fluctuates below that 90 otherwise. My
guess based on this fps symptom would be that the game never actually starts loading the race?

(this fluctuation is of course not an issue in a loading screen, but perhaps it may point the dev's in the right direction)

N0body Of The Goat
14-06-2015, 08:41
I'm starting to notice a pattern where the first time I try Quick Race Weekend, on a fresh boot of Windows, infinite track loading screen happens.

Disposable_Hero
14-06-2015, 08:54
I'm starting to notice a pattern where the first time I try Quick Race Weekend, on a fresh boot of Windows, infinite track loading screen happens.
Just did that twice without problems, so no pattern.

jsyedidia
14-06-2015, 22:25
It started happening for me as well after the 1.4 patch. I start a Solo quick race and it will go into an infinite load. I kill the Project Cars process, restart the game, and all is well. It's happened often enough to be annoying (maybe four times since the 1.4 patch). After restarting the game, it's never happened. I think it's only ever happened the first time I start the game after turning on the computer. But it doesn't always happen when I first load the game after booting Windows. It's really hard to figure out what will cause it.

PedroPM
14-06-2015, 22:46
It started happening for me as well after the 1.4 patch. I start a Solo quick race and it will go into an infinite load. I kill the Project Cars process, restart the game, and all is well. It's happened often enough to be annoying (maybe four times since the 1.4 patch). After restarting the game, it's never happened. I think it's only ever happened the first time I start the game after turning on the computer. But it doesn't always happen when I first load the game after booting Windows. It's really hard to figure out what will cause it.

But This Is Becoming a common problem. Development team must look Into this and fix It. I love the game But this Is just ridiculous, I donīt have the patience to do that verify the steam cache every time I want to play the game when It was working fine before the patch. Hope this Is fixed because If not, I hope I get a refund.

sneakygloworm
15-06-2015, 00:35
Happened once to me as well. Load race. Game hangs with spinning indicator. Loaded properly after a quit. But come on guys, it's a new title. Forget the refund thing. Just let them work on it for a while...:S

imJGott
15-06-2015, 04:37
@bruno
im having the same issue with the loading screen. sms, there has to be a fix. there is no error message coming. when i alt tab out of the game and check the task manager the game is responding and running fine. i validated the game though steam and im stuck now. like i mentioned in previous post, im missing events because of this

Bruno Alexandre
15-06-2015, 08:54
We're looking into it guys.

hokabo306
15-06-2015, 23:01
Just installed, same issue, tracks load perhaps 1/3 tries and it does the same when entering car showroom.

Kingleo
15-06-2015, 23:07
This started happening to me after 1.3 its about 1 out of 10 times. only in Mp though

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 06:42
Sorry I'm late. Added to Known Issues (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-08-06) list.

Xiresone
17-06-2015, 18:28
My old PC rig worked just fine before this patch 1.4.
Now I can start the game and use the menu system but when I try to run any race or practice run the track doesn't load. The spinner that shows that a track/race is loading doesn't move at all, it just freeze and nothing happens what so ever. :-(

Bruusie
18-06-2015, 16:13
Have the same problem...intermittent/random freezing loading track. Have to kill game and reload, then all's fine.

Nilaii
18-06-2015, 16:43
Same, but every time for me...

zolillo
19-06-2015, 16:49
Same problem here!!!!! very frustrating!

EHM
19-06-2015, 18:01
Me too. Tried cleaning registry (Someone had said that fixed it for them) but no luck. Atleast it's not that common for me.

blommie
19-06-2015, 19:22
same here...

sotti
20-06-2015, 17:11
just tried 1.4 today, I seem to be in the locking up everyt time boat.

Xiresone
20-06-2015, 17:24
I do see that we are more users that have the same problem, that we can start the game and get to the game interface.

I have tested my RAM and it's just perfect, uninstalled PCars and emptied the registry, rebooted and installed again still with the same problem. I did also test with a brand new SSD with Windows 7 Pro SP1 and all the latest patches, installed PCars and still the same problem.

Do anyone have any idea to what can be done to run the game. BTW - The game worked just fine before the 1.4 patch. :-(

PirateJeff
20-06-2015, 18:44
same problem. Hopefuly it will be fixed in the next patch.

kostek
20-06-2015, 20:03
Same here. Run the game for first time - problem. Kill it the run again. Working. But after pc restart same problem again.

Ber
21-06-2015, 07:44
same here, sometimes 4 times, sometimes 1 time a.s.o.
itīs NOT a problem with the hardware, tested it on 3 systems, all the same.

Linus27
21-06-2015, 08:02
Never had it until last night. Ctl-alt-del, reloaded game and all ok again.

kligson
21-06-2015, 08:53
somehow, this is what always happens for me:
- start the game after not having it running for some time: this results in any session having an infinite load screen
- then kill process en start it again: problem solved and any session after load without issue
- if i then close the game, wait for, say, half an hour and try again: infinite loadscreen
- repeat from step 2

other steps tried to resolve: new profile and verify game cache. Both didn't help

Bruusie
21-06-2015, 11:01
Same for me following 1.4 patch. Also numerous times not able to select drive when eventually reach the track...even with 10 mins of qualifying time left!!

hoodi4cars
21-06-2015, 19:31
Could also be a RAM error, sure that your RAM is ok? This reminds me a of a problem from a friend of me, he was complaining about problems I've never seen ... after a day of really heavy testing his rick we found a bad RAM module.

i can remember that about 1 or 2 years ago from some pCARS build onwards I had crashes on loading some sesisons too (I believe for me it was loading any track with a certain car). And it actually turned out it was my RAM. Though I didn't have any other problems with the PC or any other game. But as soon as I replaced the RAM I had no more problems. I guess pCARS is very hard on the RAM and reveals problems with the sticks that you are otherwiese not aware of. So I'd really try to just test one stick by a time individually and see if you get the problem when inserting a certain stick

Pr3t3nd3r
21-06-2015, 19:47
i can remember that about 1 or 2 years ago from some pCARS build onwards I had crashes on loading some sesisons too (I believe for me it was loading any track with a certain car). And it actually turned out it was my RAM. Though I didn't have any other problems with the PC or any other game. But as soon as I replaced the RAM I had no more problems. I guess pCARS is very hard on the RAM and reveals problems with the sticks that you are otherwiese not aware of. So I'd really try to just test one stick by a time individually and see if you get the problem when inserting a certain stick

And our RAM sticks decided to show some problems from patch 1.3 to 1.4 I guess...

Xiresone
22-06-2015, 19:03
I've done multiple stress test of my CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD = No errors = 100% OK...

If this problem can't be fixed, why start with PCars2 ?

Instead they should change the setup in the Steam/PCars combo UI, so that we that purchased PCars (DVD) at full price can choose to install/not install or downgrade patch levels if they don't work. I've been playing "electronic" games since 1980 and sad to say this is the worst experience I've had with a game.

fenri
22-06-2015, 19:27
...same here, sometimes 3 times in a row, sometimes 1 time

Pr3t3nd3r
22-06-2015, 22:06
OK I see a pattern in my case!

This problem is present only at first loading (cold load you can say). After that when I force close the game and restart it there is no problem at all oO

It seems that game is having a problem with loading for the first time...

xautos
23-06-2015, 09:19
didnt have the infinite track loading issue in 1.3 i mean even waiting a bit it would eventually load up, but with 1.4 i have ran across several times this non stop loading issue that involves me having to kill the process, always in online rooms. and im still getting those the joining room unable to drive locks out, again in 1.3 it was on occasion in recent days its been absolutely terrible, but thats for another thread.

OppaErich
23-06-2015, 10:55
OK I see a pattern in my case!

This problem is present only at first loading (cold load you can say). After that when I force close the game and restart it there is no problem at all oO

It seems that game is having a problem with loading for the first time...

Well, a small problem: The first track takes longer to load than usual. For me it's: Infinite -> force quit -> 20-30 seconds -> normal

Xiresone
23-06-2015, 10:58
Yesterday I tried a radical test just for checking if I could play PCars at all before a new patch from SMS. :suspicion:

I went into: Drive\Steam\userdata\<your Steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav and renamed the default.sav ( any name goes ), restarted the game and I could play the game once again.

Cons:
The game is as a new born baby - your carrear is gone :(

robnkel
23-06-2015, 11:03
yeah from pc booting, i get the infinate load first time also.
ctrl alt delete, kill it and works fine next load.
could it be a common reason, ie i use nvidia surround on triple screens.

Roger Prynne
23-06-2015, 11:04
Yesterday I tried a radical test just for checking if I could play PCars at all before a new patch from SMS. :suspicion:

I went into: Drive\Steam\userdata\<your Steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav and renamed the default.sav ( any name goes ), restarted the game and I could play the game once again.

Cons:
The game is as a new born baby - your carrear is gone :(
Have you now tried with the old profile to see if the problem still exists?

Maviarab
23-06-2015, 15:29
Can also add myself to having this issue now too. Played fine most of the day yesterday...started up today and infinite loading (with 90fps) trying to load Cali Highway in Career mode.

Can also confirm after force closing pCars and restarting the track loaded fine.

remixtech
23-06-2015, 17:45
Same here, restarting the game solve the problem but for some times...

Xiresone
23-06-2015, 17:49
Have you now tried with the old profile to see if the problem still exists?

I tried with my old profile, and still same problem. Infinity loading of tracks - tried also to set all settings to lowest possible to preserve memory.

Avloc123
24-06-2015, 07:47
I'll add myself to this problem too. It's not just the 1.4 patch doing this as I haven't updated my version yet (waiting for 1.5 before I do).

Yesterday and this morning I had it several times loading several tracks, forcing me to restart, after which it's OK for a while.
It happened on Solo and Career.

mosher83
24-06-2015, 10:39
i made a backup from pcars and reinstalled it and now everything is fine again

Pr3t3nd3r
24-06-2015, 11:21
Any news if this will be fixed with patch 1.5? Did you find the cause of this problem? :(

Monologue
25-06-2015, 10:42
Hey, just wanted to add that I have been experiencing the same issues as well, also since patch 1.4. Exactly the same thing happen. First time I run the game, it will never load the track, but then after a reset, it works again. I noticed that it also happens if I do something else after a successful session. play another game for instance. Then PCars will need another reset to work again. Very strange.

jcbsrule
25-06-2015, 12:08
Hi There,
I have this issue also, downloaded a windows 7 update last night, tried to play game after download no joy I tried career mode on and off line, gave up in the end

Heinz Martin
25-06-2015, 12:12
Same issue here.

lleventll
25-06-2015, 12:36
same issue here.

Chrillster
25-06-2015, 15:49
Happened to me today. Caterham @ Cadwell offline test. Worked like a charm after a game restart.

marcdxn
25-06-2015, 18:54
i have this issue if i use Nvidia geforce experience recording tool thats built in.
If i have the recording tool running at the main menu before going into a race i hang forever and have to force quit.

If i quit the recording (alt+f9 is my shortcut) it loads fine, once im in the game and at the track / pit i can enable the game recording again and its ok, but i have to disable when i finish and head into a new game.

jcbsrule
25-06-2015, 19:55
well tonight I disconnected from the internet before starting pc, after starting I let pc warm up for about 5 minutes used geforce experience to load game, NO problems game started

nikey176
25-06-2015, 20:47
I've got the same issue as described above - infinite loading after patch 1.4.

marcdxn
25-06-2015, 21:03
well tonight I disconnected from the internet before starting pc, after starting I let pc warm up for about 5 minutes used geforce experience to load game, NO problems game started

lol ... is your pc like a car on a cold winters morning :)

Pr3t3nd3r
25-06-2015, 22:06
It's really annoying now :( 4 times today! :( Please tell me that you have identified the problem and will be fixed in the upcoming patch -.-

OppaErich
26-06-2015, 06:58
Hm, there goes the reproducibility. Not the slightest problem yesterday.

Edit: And no problems the next evening too. I had a 5 day break playing only Dirt Rally. Is this some local caching problem ?

Pr3t3nd3r
28-06-2015, 14:58
Same over and over again. Every first time when I launch the game it does that Endless Looping Circle loading screen :@

If it isn't that problem than I can't press race because session is locked. If it isn't even that, camera is locked to a bumper and can't switch to cockpit camera.

Freaking amazing "playability"! :(

kligson
28-06-2015, 17:05
It seems to have resolved itself for me. The only thing I remember doing are updating nvidia's driver and geforce experience.
I don't know if it's related, but that is the only change i remember and i havent had this problem for 2 days now (whereas before i'd have it a couple of time per day)

Pr3t3nd3r
30-06-2015, 19:27
This issue is still present in patch 2.0 :(

Pr3t3nd3r
03-07-2015, 11:30
Could this be caused by Logitech SetPoint and/or Logitech Game framework? This issue seems to be gone for now when I have disable those two apps and preventing them to start with Windows...I have disabled menu music as well and so far so good...

Roger Prynne
03-07-2015, 12:27
I've got Logitech SetPoint running and don't get this problem.

zolillo
03-07-2015, 12:43
For me the problem is still present, incredible!

Pr3t3nd3r
03-07-2015, 12:47
I've got Logitech SetPoint running and don't get this problem.

It seems not all players are affected by this problem and so we have different specs and software. Will be back with the report after a while :)

Leinad
05-07-2015, 16:18
Never had this problem, but now after reinstall the game (bad ffb and fps) i`m having this problem. This game is just having to many bugs.

zolillo
13-07-2015, 20:45
news about this problem? since 20 days i can't play it's possible? can i ask a refound?

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 20:47
news about this problem? since 20 days i can't play it's possible? can i ask a refound?

What did you do to try to solve the issue for you?

zolillo
13-07-2015, 21:33
-control the chace of game in steam
-delete everything, re-download and re-install everything
-delete and install a new drivers for my AMD graphic card.
-wait for a solution from the software house

in this strict order

xautos
13-07-2015, 21:41
im getting the issue at times. i have to control alt delete twice to get the taskbar to appear as the game isnt alt tab friendly. but after that i kill the process and start again until its corrected.

since everyone is auto patched to 2.0, then thats all there.

zolillo
14-07-2015, 11:07
i have used ctr+alt+del only for kill the program when it stops on a loading screen.

i'm still have this problem since the 1.4 patch was released.

zolillo
21-07-2015, 11:15
patch 2.5 and no news, the problem still persist.

I'm sorry because i like this game, but now it's a true nightmare, i have paid a game that i can't use!

there's something official about this bug, any date or possible patch to solve it?? Are they workaround this problem? i'm the only one that have this bug?

michal890203
22-07-2015, 12:55
We're looking into it guys.
How long more you will looking it? For someone game not working because of this... it's "blocker", it should have highest priority for you guys. In my opinion, over a month it's a way to long for that kind of issue. It's look like a bad joke.

Edit:
Thing... who will buy CARS 2 after that support of CARS 1.

N0body Of The Goat
22-07-2015, 13:55
I (the OP) no longer have this issue, I'm not sure if was fixed in patch 2.0 or 2.5 (probably 2.0 because I think I've had no issue since way before last Friday).

I did start a fresh profile for patch 2.0 and 2.5, so maybe this is a factor.

But then I do not have a career-in-progress to lose with a fresh profile and I don't use many custom setups. ;)

turbohondaej1
22-07-2015, 20:01
I (the OP) no longer have this issue, I'm not sure if was fixed in patch 2.0 or 2.5 (probably 2.0 because I think I've had no issue since way before last Friday).

I did start a fresh profile for patch 2.0 and 2.5, so maybe this is a factor.

But then I do not have a career-in-progress to lose with a fresh profile and I don't use many custom setups. ;)

I also haven't had an issue in a while not sure what fixed it but works great now.

Pr3t3nd3r
22-07-2015, 20:41
Same here. Np at all :)

zolillo
28-07-2015, 17:06
news???????

It's a shame!

N0body Of The Goat
28-07-2015, 17:10
news???????

It's a shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVWdRB1c8j8 ? ;)

DentProof
29-03-2016, 13:44
I am having to kill pCARS64 an awful lot this morning, because the game gets stuck on the track loading screen.

Music plays fine, the "clock dial" spins (but unlike when the track loads correctly, the rotation speed is pretty constant).

As an example...
Quick Race using the settings in place when I last started pCARS worked fine (Lotus 78 @ Dubai International), I then join an online server where everyone is in the lobby (GT3 @ Brands GP), the vote to launch countdown reaches zero and the game hangs on the track loading screen.

Anyone else?

i am having identical issues.
DentProof

CrustyA
29-03-2016, 14:38
Yeah same here. I've never seen this issue myself until the last couple weeks. (so it's happening post patch 10 for me).
it's happening to me on quick race weekend events.
killing the game in task manager and restarting it seems to be a temporary work-around and the next time it loads fine.

Angst1974
29-03-2016, 15:07
Looks like we need to delete profiles

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46092-Stuck-on-Track-Loading-Screen-Single-or-Multiplayer-RESOLVED

CrustyA
29-03-2016, 15:09
Looks like we need to delete profiles

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46092-Stuck-on-Track-Loading-Screen-Single-or-Multiplayer-RESOLVED

Ah crap, Oh well I'll give it a try. I'm not too attached to anything in there.

Thanks for the info!

Krus Control
29-03-2016, 16:49
This happens a lot since patch 9. I even happened to do a full reinstall and fresh profile start. Happened a lot before and after. The bugs seem to be piling up in the last few patches. The amount of times I'm having to restart my game per session is more than ever. It's honestly approaching 50/50 on every session I enter :/.

Schraeglager
29-03-2016, 19:18
I did everything and more I read in this forum trying to fix this issue.
The result: I start pcars for the first time -> spinning clock....
I start pcars for the second time -> i can drive.....

If I start in 32Bit mode, everything is ok. but only few Hosts playing online.
If I start in very low graphic settings the endless spinning clock is seldom.

But both solutions don't fit for me.

Naranick
29-03-2016, 20:03
When tracks fail to load I just delete a random file such as the pcars.exe then run steam verify.