PDA

View Full Version : For the attention of Ian Bell - What other games interest you?

dungeonseeker
12-06-2015, 09:42
Other than pCARS what's your favourite games? What genres do you like playing?

PS other ppl can answer to (except Andy/Gonzo/Stig)

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 09:44
Other than pCARS what's your favourite games? What genres do you like playing?

PS other ppl can answer to (except Andy/Gonzo/Stig)

I like World of Warcraft and WarThunder at the moment. I've spent 1200 pounds upgrading stuff in WarThunder :)

The main reason for the above is that I can play them on my Mac whilst working.

MysterG
12-06-2015, 09:45
Moved to off topic and title expanded.

The Uncharted series for me, and Carmageddon for something at the other end of the driving scale.

OrenIshii BE
12-06-2015, 09:49
I recon you'd better change the title for starters!
Then i would've posted this in the off topic section!

And on topic.
I like myself some racing games, played all sorts, from Gran Turismo to forza, F1 from codemasters, Grid, Dirt, Colin Mcrae, Flatout, Racepro, DTM race driver (TOCA), Even tried Richard Burns Rallye :p

Other Genres i like,
First Person shooters from time to time: Battlefield
Sports games like FIFA
Action/Shooter/RPG from the likes of Mass Effect and Fallout
Used to play a lot of RTS too: Command & Conquer, and supreme commander.

SL1DE
12-06-2015, 10:14
I've spent 1200 pounds upgrading stuff in WarThunder :)

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/divergent-bad-movie-reviews-9.gif

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 10:15
http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/divergent-bad-movie-reviews-9.gif

To be fair, it was for 'research purposes'. :)
(Just in case the tax authorities are reading)

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 10:17

WWII Airplane DLC confirmed? :p

Gavin Thomas
12-06-2015, 10:23
I like World of Warcraft and WarThunder at the moment. I've spent 1200 pounds upgrading stuff in WarThunder :)

I'm lost for words, I thought the idea of Free to play was so you didn't have to spend 1200 ??

MysterG
12-06-2015, 10:26

I'm lost for words, I thought the idea of Free to play was so you didn't have to spend 1200 ??

I don't think they held a gun to his head and forced him to buy stuff.

Lars Rosenquist
12-06-2015, 10:32
I'm lost for words, I thought the idea of Free to play was so you didn't have to spend 1200 ??Nope, F2P is meant to reel you in with the 'free' bait, then charge you for all the stuff that's free in regular titles, so you end up paying a lot more. :D

Neil Hopwood
12-06-2015, 10:59

Better Red Bull air races ;)

Or Reno, although I'm sure that would just cause complaints about oval racing

mister dog
12-06-2015, 14:28
I was redoing Red Dead Redemption, as i never finished it 5 years ago. Just made it across the river to Mexico when.... pcars was released.

Psychomatrix
12-06-2015, 14:34
They should make a remake. I've never played read dead redemption. And some people say it was the best game the last years they've played.

mister dog
12-06-2015, 14:37
They should make a remake. I've never played read dead redemption. And some people say it was the best game the last years they've played.

It is! Pick it up from a bargain shelve if you still have a console that can play it, you won't regret it. The world is immersive, the artwork (colors and scenery) is drop dead gorgeous, the storyline is good and there is tons of cool stuff to do apart from doing said story. I put it on number 1 myself of all last gen games.

dustyjo
12-06-2015, 19:33
I like World of Warcraft and WarThunder at the moment.

A friend wants to know: Are you Horde or "Alliance scum"?

:p

leopardsang
12-06-2015, 20:05
Do I hear WWII Tank racing too?

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 20:11

I can confirm, Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games of last generation, it was superb! :)

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 20:24
I can confirm, Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games of last generation, it was superb! :)

Agreed, cracking game.

little fella
12-06-2015, 21:06
Ian have you played mario kart 8 on wii u ?

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 21:10
A friend wants to know: Are you Horde or "Alliance scum"?

:p

Horde of course. Priest is my 100.

AbeWoz
12-06-2015, 21:11
Agreed, cracking game.

even with the typical glitches and quirks of open world games, it was incredible.

Im looking forward to Fallout 4 and I also spend a bit of time on flight sims like DCS world (mostly A-10) and Falcon BMS. (Anyone on here fly?)

bc525
12-06-2015, 21:18
I've always been kind of partial to Yahtzee, especially when it's played as a drinking game. I guess that would be considered the Drunkard Dice Game genre.

Robbo-92
12-06-2015, 21:56
Ian have you played mario kart 8 on wii u ?

I don't know if Ian has but that is a great game as well, for me it's the best Mario Kart so far :)

David Semperger
12-06-2015, 23:24

Are they still unkillable in PvP? My first and only ragequit ever (WoW or otherwise) was in Warsong Gulch. I was "fighting" a discipline priest with my warrior (at least I think he noticed me) back in the WotLK days and the only thing I saw on my screen was absorb absorb absorb, with some low damage numbers strewn in-between. After a while we called it a draw and went on our separate ways, him capturing our flag, me pressing ALT+F4 and uninstalling WoW right then and there. I hate priests.

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 23:29
Are they still unkillable in PvP? My first and only ragequit ever (WoW or otherwise) was in Warsong Gulch. I was "fighting" a discipline priest with my warrior (at least I think he noticed me) back in the WotLK days and the only thing I saw on my screen was absorb absorb absorb, with some low damage numbers strewn in-between. After a while we called it a draw and went on our separate ways, him capturing our flag, me pressing ALT+F4 and uninstalling WoW right then and there. I hate priests.

Nope, they've weakened a lot of the 'get out of jail' cards we used to have with regeneration and invisibility etc.

Sascha F.
14-06-2015, 07:51
even with the typical glitches and quirks of open world games, it was incredible.

Im looking forward to Fallout 4 and I also spend a bit of time on flight sims like DCS world (mostly A-10) and Falcon BMS. (Anyone on here fly?)

Yes, P-51D in DCS, sometimes FSX and I bought X-Plane 10 Global some months ago but didn't find enough time to get into it.

Invincible
14-06-2015, 08:04
Atm I am doing fallout 3 again (can anyone recommend some mods?).
I also play Gta V and Diablo III. Also some other racing titles, but none of ththe got me hooked like Project Cars. :D

xLeper_Messiah
14-06-2015, 09:47

The main reason for the above is that I can play them on my Mac whilst working.

Hey that's cool I've spent the last year or so playing almost nothing but War Thunder on my PS4 while I waited for some good games to come out (Project Cars of course being one of said good games!)...question is, AB or RB? Planes or tonks? Which do you prefer?

SL1DE
14-06-2015, 12:58
(Just in case the tax authorities are reading)

Project PLANES - Coming soon.

Cornflex
26-06-2015, 10:03
Mr Bell, did you play Elite Dangerous?
If so, do you like it?

I think it is one of the biggest surprises in 2014 and still evolving.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 10:19
Hey that's cool I've spent the last year or so playing almost nothing but War Thunder on my PS4 while I waited for some good games to come out (Project Cars of course being one of said good games!)...question is, AB or RB? Planes or tonks? Which do you prefer?

It's always been planes for me thus far.

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 10:19
Mr Bell, did you play Elite Dangerous?
If so, do you like it?

I think it is one of the biggest surprises in 2014 and still evolving.

Nah, I'm still smarting for Braben taking too much of my glory on the original Elite.

falm
26-06-2015, 10:33
Was in the Uncharted series and GT5/6 on PS3 and The Last of Us on PS4.
Currently I'm into The Witcher 3 and of course pCARS.

Tim Foster
26-06-2015, 10:39
Nah, I'm still smarting for Braben taking too much of my glory on the original Elite.

Ha, ha, ha, Priceless!

Anyone searching for the authors of the original Elite are going to be even more confused :)

SpeedLimitUnknown
26-06-2015, 10:45

LOL :cool:

KartKingCorre
26-06-2015, 10:48

nice, didnt know you created Elite!

Anyone searching for the authors of the original Elite are going to be even more confused :)
What should I be confused about? just googled it :p

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 10:53
I'm not that Ian Bell.

KartKingCorre
26-06-2015, 10:56
I'm not that Ian Bell.
haha for real? :p
hahaha yes indeed :p you dont look like 50+ years old..
omg confusing!

Cornflex
26-06-2015, 11:43
haha for real? :p
hahaha yes indeed :p you dont look like 50+ years old..
omg confusing!

Even more confusing is the question in this interview: http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/team/ian-bell

What’s your favorite game of all time?

Elite – ground breaking, engrossing, and influential. Simply the best.;)

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 12:05
Even more confusing is the question in this interview: http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/team/ian-bell

What’s your favorite game of all time?

Elite – ground breaking, engrossing, and influential. Simply the best.;)

Yes, that's what got me interested and the guy with the same name sold the deal.

I lost months of my life to Elite, great months :)

Martini Da Gasalini
26-06-2015, 16:00
Ian how did that Doctorate go? should we refer to you as Dr Bell? :)

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 16:05
Ian how did that Doctorate go? should we refer to you as Dr Bell? :)

I did two of them actually.

One was Neuroscience at Royal London Hospital (affiliated with Queen Mary College).

The second was Human Computer Interaction at Bournemouth.

I took the last one to final and was just working the last experiments as SimBin exploded (which I founded). Don't call me doctor therefore. :)

I have decided not to present the final experiments as I want to work my third doctorate thesis as 'crowd funding/crowd sourcing'. Which makes a lot of sense.

Martini Da Gasalini
26-06-2015, 16:15
Impressive sir.

I salute you

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99n5u6vE01qdiwnb.gif

motu
26-06-2015, 20:12
I found your website, it's realy oldscool http://www.iancgbell.clara.net

yopp90
26-06-2015, 21:14
I got an hour into the witcher 3, then progect cars came into my life. I can't wait for elder scrolls online to run smoother. Talk about a rough game to play right now.

SL1DE
28-06-2015, 13:19
I found your website, it's realy oldscool http://www.iancgbell.clara.net

Stalker Rank: Expert.

Beardybrave
29-06-2015, 01:04
I was redoing Red Dead Redemption, as i never finished it 5 years ago. Just made it across the river to Mexico when.... pcars was released.

That's when I stopped last time. The music as you come across to Mexico is just perfect, but for some reason I stopped and just never went back. Don't think I could do it now.

ONT
30-06-2015, 04:02

Never pictured You as a WoW player, but why not.

Horde Warrior Tank here raiding up till cata, just got back in again :cool: