PDA

View Full Version : [No] Did 1.4 fix the Headlights Issue?

gbm
12-06-2015, 12:38
I didn't notice it in the notes.....

Did it address the broken headlights not being fixed during pitstops?

Machinist90
12-06-2015, 12:42
if it's not in the notes probably not

gbm
12-06-2015, 12:49

oh man.

SLAPE
12-06-2015, 13:42
Pit crew still missing also? Bummer

gbm
12-06-2015, 14:59
How on earth did ALLLLL that other stuff get fixed, but something major like the Headlights bug not?

...and before you say "it's not a big deal", try driving Bathurst at night without headlights, then tell me it's not a big deal.

KID--A
12-06-2015, 15:12
really? Seeing a pit crew is not important. Especially given the severity of some of the bugs.

Also, the headlight thing does suck, but they have a lot of fairly sever issues to fix. I just try not to drive at night right now.

Jweaver
12-06-2015, 15:23
I just try not to drive at night right now.

Or not crash in the first place.? In real racing, they can hardly change headlights in a pit stop can they? That said, things get fixed in a pit stop in PC which could never be fixed in real life, so my argument is flawed.

Im Sorry
12-06-2015, 15:28
Or not crash in the first place.? In real racing, they can hardly change headlights in a pit stop can they? That said, things get fixed in a pit stop in PC which could never be fixed in real life, so my argument is flawed.

If you had a crash in Endurance racing and made it back to the pits with a smashed font end.The lights would be fixed if the car was drivable!

SLAPE
13-06-2015, 13:10
really? Seeing a pit crew is not important. Especially given the severity of some of the bugs.

Also, the headlight thing does suck, but they have a lot of fairly sever issues to fix. I just try not to drive at night right now.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are more important issues out there,but when we are told they have a full pit crew animation and will be available via next patch (1.4) you expect it to be carried through. Scenes like this help add authenticity to the game.

Ian Bell
13-06-2015, 13:13
Don't get me wrong, I know there are more important issues out there,but when we are told they have a full pit crew animation and will be available via next patch (1.4) you expect it to be carried through. Scenes like this help add authenticity to the game.

This was never listed in 1.4 Stop making things up.

SLAPE
13-06-2015, 13:17
This was never listed in 1.4 Stop making things up.

I do apologise, but I'm sure I read a response on here that the pit crew was ready and would appear after the patch. I never ment to imply it was included in the 1.4 patch notes. Sorry for the misleading post.

Ian Bell
13-06-2015, 13:25
I do apologise, but I'm sure I read a response on here that the pit crew was ready and would appear after the patch. I never ment to imply it was included in the 1.4 patch notes. Sorry for the misleading post.

Nope, never stated. We said it would be coming in a 'future patch'.

PS, it wasn't the 'misleading' aspect of the post that got you my response, anyone can make a mistake, it was the accusatory nature of it.

But when we are told they have a full pit crew animation and will be available via next patch (1.4) you expect it to be carried through.

This. You're implying we're making false promises. We don't work like that here.

SLAPE
13-06-2015, 13:30
Nope, never stated. We said it would be coming in a 'future patch'.

PS, it wasn't the 'misleading' aspect of the post that got you my response, anyone can make a mistake, it was the accusatory nature of it.

This. You're implying we're making false promises. We don't work like that here.

Point taken and accepted. Again please accept my apologies.

Regards
Paul

Flaw3dGenius
13-06-2015, 13:46

I defo would not be going by what the notes say as some things were changed or added that were not in notes also things were in the notes that were not changed.

You're implying we're making false promises. We don't work like that here.

Centre spring issue on PS4?

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 14:27
...and before you say "it's not a big deal", try driving Bathurst at night without headlights, then tell me it's not a big deal.

How did you end up with no Headlights ? they were there at the start of the race ...

In an endurance race, changing the headlights is a roll back into the garage job and the front end changing ... Maybe its something that is being worked on

I remember my Pit Engineer telling me there are trying to sort out a headlight and my front end it broken they are working on a replacement ...

Robhd
13-06-2015, 14:49
T
If you had a crash in Endurance racing and made it back to the pits with a smashed font end.The lights would be fixed if the car was drivable!

Fine.. But as in real life then you should be happy to sit in the pits for an hour plus whilst they get this done for you...

Are you happy to do that too?... No? So realism isn't THAT important then is it?

Its a G...A...M...E...

I mean would you have your mates standing around with baseball bats waiting to whack you about to give you that full reality effect when you go straight into a wall at a rapid rate of knots?.... Lol