PDA

View Full Version : Ignition???

townnet
12-06-2015, 14:09
What is the purpose of ignition in this game? I push it then the engine stop, is this important to the game?

chig88
12-06-2015, 14:13
It's to restart the car if you stall using a clutch. Just a little bit of added realism. There's no need to push it if the engine is already on, and no need to assign it if you're using paddle shifters or automatic gears.

JessicaWalter
12-06-2015, 14:22
i dont have the ignition set to a button but i have start engine. i think ignition is for putting the key in(?) and start engine is turning the key maybe(?). start engine will restart your car after you stall.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 14:27
And it isn't to start the car:) it's for what it says, ignition on or off. But if you assign it make sure you assign an engine start button too:)

chig88
12-06-2015, 15:04
i dont have the ignition set to a button but i have start engine. i think ignition is for putting the key in(?) and start engine is turning the key maybe(?). start engine will restart your car after you stall.

So the engine will start by pressing engine start even if the ignition button isn't assigned? What's the point of the ignition button then?

Awong124
12-06-2015, 15:08
So the engine will start by pressing engine start even if the ignition button isn't assigned? What's the point of the ignition button then?

I have wondered this myself. The Start Engine button is essential if you don't use auto-clutch though, because if you spin and forget to clutch in when you come to a stop the engine will stall and you'd have no way to get started again. For some reason there is an option for automatic engine start, but it doesn't automatically restart the engine for you, so that option is pretty useless as well.

Roger Prynne
12-06-2015, 15:15
It should do after about 5 secs or if you press the accelerator.... but maybe that's just on the PC version.

Awong124
12-06-2015, 15:22
It should do after about 5 secs or if you press the accelerator.... but maybe that's just on the PC version.

I'm on PS4. I've never waited for 5 seconds, but pressing the accelerator doesn't work. It's pretty useless if I have to wait 5 seconds anyway :/

Roger Prynne
12-06-2015, 15:47
Yeah I was talking about having auto clutch on and auto ignition on.... but to be honest it's a long time since I used this myself.

RobMUFC1987
12-06-2015, 15:52

Fuel saving. Turn the engine off at downhill sections :)

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 23:00

To stop the engine if you want to, silence in the middle of the night at le mans is worth assigning that button just for that.

Kruleworld
14-06-2015, 02:44
For some reason there is an option for automatic engine start, but it doesn't automatically restart the engine for you, .

I've noticed this too.

Mahjik
14-06-2015, 03:11

Most race cars don't use keys. With that, you need something which can turn on the electronics, but not fire the engine. They have one button to turn on all the electronics and one button to fire up the engine.

Awong124
14-06-2015, 03:47
Most race cars don't use keys. With that, you need something which can turn on the electronics, but not fire the engine. They have one button to turn on all the electronics and one button to fire up the engine.

But what is the purpose of it in the game?

Human_bean
14-06-2015, 08:44
Would be nice to have ignition sound instead of instant start.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 09:37
But what is the purpose of it in the game?

It's a sim, what's the purpose of animaredepit crews, or the waving crowds or any of tge signs and posters round the track? It's for immersion and accuracy.