PDA

View Full Version : Visual settings help/questions

C6ckneyGeezer
12-06-2015, 15:23
Well first off thanks to the team for the patch and all their hard work, it was frustrating waiting but things are alot better and it was well worth the wait. It's loads better after patch using my T100, so much more feel!

Anyways, got a few questions of the visual settins;

"Post Processing Filters" - what is this and what's the difference in on or off?

"Global Specular Irradiance" - same question as above.

"Vignette" - Same question as above.

"Temporal Level" - Is this what "blurs" the image to aid smoothness? It's set at 20 default, best place for it?? What happens if I set to 0 or use a higher value. In other words, what does it do?

Maybe some silly questions but any help or comments much appreciated!

SergioCosmopolis
13-06-2015, 22:28
I'd love to know as well. Plus, what are Crepuscular Rays? They sound deadly. If on, should I wear some sort of protection?

Jweaver
13-06-2015, 22:59
I'd love to know as well. Plus, what are Crepuscular Rays? They sound deadly. If on, should I wear some sort of protection?

I am pretty sure that Crepuscular rays are "sunbeams".. I.e the sun rays you see through the trees

I_am_Joker
24-06-2015, 20:29
Bump.

Any one can answer? I would like to know as well.

Fanatest
24-06-2015, 21:45
Bump.

Any one can answer? I would like to know as well.

Hi,

"Post Processing Filters" - This adds a slight contrast and saturation to the image (I disable this on PS4 as it is currently causing graphical side effects / logged in known issues)

"Global Specular Irradiance" - This affects light reflections, e.g they shine/reflect more on wet track, track rubber reflects light etc.

"Vignette" - This adds a slight darkening of the edges of the screen at high speed. This is to give a "tunnel vision" type effect (I disable this)

"Temporal Level" - This is a type of AA that reduces shimmer, pixel crawl etc but adds a slight blur or ghosting of the image (I run this at 0)

"Crepuscular Rays" - These are indeed sun rays (I disable these)

Hope that helps,

Warren1571
25-06-2015, 03:08
Hi,

"Post Processing Filters" - This adds a slight contrast and saturation to the image (I disable this on PS4 as it is currently causing graphical side effects / logged in known issues)

"Global Specular Irradiance" - This affects light reflections, e.g they shine/reflect more on wet track, track rubber reflects light etc.

"Vignette" - This adds a slight darkening of the edges of the screen at high speed. This is to give a "tunnel vision" type effect (I disable this)

"Temporal Level" - This is a type of AA that reduces shimmer, pixel crawl etc but adds a slight blur or ghosting of the image (I run this at 0)

"Crepuscular Rays" - These are indeed sun rays (I disable these)

Hope that helps,

I tried some adjustments of the Temporal Level - tried it at 50, tired it at 80, tried it at zero ..... didn't seem to make much, if any, difference at all visually - so I just reset it to the default 20. I haven't experienced the ghosting issue that many people have mentioned though.

On the settings menu screens it would be great though if SMS could provide at least a brief description of what these things do to make things easier. You can waste a lot of time making these adjustments, going in and out of races and load times takes a fair while. I know I'd prefer just to get on with the racing than trying to second guess what each setting might do.

All that said, must say the game looks pretty spectacular just running on the default setting imo. I'm running on a 60" Sony TV set to game mode, and it looks sweet!

I_am_Joker
25-06-2015, 15:06
Thanks guys!