PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with new T500 - terrible vibration on straight line

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 15:45
Not sure if I have the same problem but something seriously wrong with my FFB, BUT, I made the schoolboy error of making two changes.

I got a T500 today, changed that, then before trying anything downloaded the 1.4 patch.

I was using Jack Spade's settings with the FFB files. But in straight ahead I have almost uncontrollable vibration, anything other than straight ahead it's fine.

I've removed all deadzone settings, renamed the FFB folder in my documents and no improvement. THis is with the Formula A car at Monza.

TO make sure I hadn't got a faulty wheel, as it is THAT bad, I tried AC, after configuring everything for the new wheel it feels exactly the same as my TX but stronger. Any ideas?

Pamellaaa
12-06-2015, 16:03
Not sure if I have the same problem but something seriously wrong with my FFB, BUT, I made the schoolboy error of making two changes.

I got a T500 today, changed that, then before trying anything downloaded the 1.4 patch.

I was using Jack Spade's settings with the FFB files. But in straight ahead I have almost uncontrollable vibration, anything other than straight ahead it's fine.

I've removed all deadzone settings, renamed the FFB folder in my documents and no improvement. THis is with the Formula A car at Monza.

TO make sure I hadn't got a faulty wheel, as it is THAT bad, I tried AC, after configuring everything for the new wheel it feels exactly the same as my TX but stronger. Any ideas?

I have had a similar issue with T500RS and a Formula A in the past, I put it down to some changes I had made which I then reverted and the problem went away but I don't think I ever actually tested it again using the same car.

for reference all other cars are fine for me.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 16:22
Ah, maybe I should try another car then.

Although I've currently bricked it trying to upgrade firmware from 40 to 43, great! And the bulk uploader driver, isn't working cannot start error 10.

Pamellaaa
12-06-2015, 16:24
Ah, maybe I should try another car then.

Although I've currently bricked it trying to upgrade firmware from 40 to 43, great! And the bulk uploader driver, isn't working cannot start error 10.

I had some issues with Firmware initially, it seemed like it had died a couple of times and was then fine.

Yes I would recommend trying another car, if its a Formula A related issue you can mess with the Formula A FFB settings to fix it probably.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 16:33
Trying on a different PC now, failed again on windows 10 though.

SPoken to thrustmaster and saying I might need a new mainboard, lol, good start to the weekend:)

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 16:44
OK, managed to sort firmware on the 3rd PC I tried it on, so back to the original problem.

Any chance you can let me know the default settings for the Formula A force feedback? resetting doesn't change anything, but it looks high to me.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 16:48
Hmmmm, now it locks hard right when stationary and still just as bad straight ahead moving. Sure I've seen that somewhere else.

Pamellaaa
12-06-2015, 17:17
Is this still just the Formula A or is it doing it with other cars as well?

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 17:18
After another full reset, all feels OK, other than loads of vibration on straight ahead for several cars and a massive deadzone, neither of which are present in Assetto Corsa.

Pamellaaa
12-06-2015, 17:23
After another full reset, all feels OK, other than loads of vibration on straight ahead for several cars and a massive deadzone, neither of which are present in Assetto Corsa.

Sounds like this might be the issue that has been noted with the 1.4 patch, check out the thread on this for current advise to avoid this.

Bealdor may merge this if it turns out to be the same issue.

BMfan
12-06-2015, 17:47
I had a similar issue with the driving force GT,i turned down the Dead Zone Removal Range and moved the Deadzone Removal Falloff up by 0.03.
You can try and see if these help you.

3800racingfool
12-06-2015, 17:52
See this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30820-Patch-1-4-FFB-reports) (specifically the later pages). A lot of people with different wheels are experiencing similar issues after the 1.4 update.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 18:02
Thanks guys I'll go have a look. Might plug my tx back in and see if it's the same. Completely unusable at present though.

It's with all 5 cars I've tried, Formula A worst. I've tried all sorts of deadzone/tweaker settings, etc. Deadzone removal makes the deadzone better, but the shaking worse. But I still get it with no deadzone removal.

Jack Spade
12-06-2015, 18:08
I recommend this test combo Ruf RGT8 GT3/Oulton Park - most complete FFB car, laser scanned track bumps/kerbs all sorts of curves.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 20:10
I recommend this test combo Ruf RGT8 GT3/Oulton Park - most complete FFB car, laser scanned track bumps/kerbs all sorts of curves.

Thanks Jack,

I've got a few issues, the patch had definitely messed up the FFB centre spring, but the T500RS I have just got has two problems, firstly play all round the hub, fixed by tightening the 4 M3 screws, but also about 1-2 degrees of "free play" around the centre, even out of the game, the TX has none of this and I find it very noticeable in game! I'm presuming this is the deadzone, if it was my bike I'd say the head bearing needed replacing and my car needed something replacing for wear ion the steering rack. N ot a good wheel day for me, back to the TX I think.