PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec wheel shake?

daddyboosive
12-06-2015, 16:12
Since the patch my wheel has taken a years supply of roids and gone full Hulk and wants to rip me limb from limb. I'm not the only person with this problem. I've checked my speed sensitivity and it's on 0. I've also tried reducing my ffb too but still no change. Which settings help reduce this issue?

One thing I'm Loving though is being able to finally use all the buttons on my wheel :D.

Martini Da Gasalini
12-06-2015, 16:21
interesting

daddyboosive
12-06-2015, 16:35
So in effect. The patch has given me better menu manoeuvrebility bit it's taken away my in game pleasure which I liked with JS's settings. Brilliant! Haha you can't win can you.....

jgaganas
12-06-2015, 16:46
Patch made it much more drivable for Wookies.

Read here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30820-Patch-1-4-FFB-reports

effinjamie
12-06-2015, 19:35
Try 1 or 2 points of drift on your wheel settings

Mascot
12-06-2015, 19:52
I've got massive shake and telemetry spikes on my GT2 with the new patch.

I'd love to understand what all the FFB settings do so that I might have a chance of doing something about it.

Goresh
12-06-2015, 21:37
I dropped the FFB on my CSR as I too noticed the increase in shake. I also re-calibrated the wheel, not sure if that helped or not but it improved.

Mr.MicMac
16-06-2015, 22:27
Also got the Turbo S wheel and same shaking of the wheel in straight lines.

I do have another extremely anoying problem: when I shift down from let's say 5th to 4th, the car instantly shifts into first... Obviously, the rear end is completely gone... Been checking the forums, read somewhere it's due to mechanical failures set to 'on', put I just created an online session with MF set to 'off' and on 1 lap Catalunya it happend 3 times...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Youloze
17-06-2015, 02:03
OP I had the same issue and i read somewhere online where a guy said to change the soft clipping to a higher setting between 3.0-5.0. It will reduce force feedback but you should be able to play with the settings to find a happy medium. My wheel is back to how it was before the patch. Still a lack of ffb in the first 2-3 degrees of rotation but overall good.

Good luck!

xXDoc187Xx
18-06-2015, 02:01
I remember fanatec wheels shaking on Gran Turismo 5 on straights Thomas at fanatec suggested to increase the deadzone on the wheel itself and that work so give that a try in pcars.

Sik180sx
18-06-2015, 02:35
Could anyone point me in the direction of a replacement motor for my 911 turbo s,something a bit beefier than the stock mabuchi motor.

ozrick5161
25-06-2015, 15:19
I had this issue with my fanatec FF wheel , I reduced "tyre force" from 100 to 60 in main menu / options / controls, (under "calibrate force feedback") and this completely removed the wheel shake issue on my fanatec gt2 wheel, i tried every other option, one at at time, no other settings got rid of the shake, but this did ! You can then increase the force feedback numbers individually for each car in the pit tuning FF options, so you can have high FF, with no wheel shake.

Youloze
25-06-2015, 15:28
I had this issue with my fanatec FF wheel , I reduced "tyre force" from 100 to 60 in main menu / options / controls, (under "calibrate force feedback") and this completely removed the wheel shake issue on my fanatec gt2 wheel, i tried every other option, one at at time, no other settings got rid of the shake, but this did ! You can then increase the force feedback numbers individually for each car in the pit tuning FF options, so you can have high FF, with no wheel shake.

I've done the same thing and it's severely helped my issue of my wheel losing ffb as a race wears on. Wheel feels great now.

Erwin Berkers
25-06-2015, 15:44
Could anyone point me in the direction of a replacement motor for my 911 turbo s,something a bit beefier than the stock mabuchi motor.

That shouldn’t be too difficult since these motors are relatively easy to obtain. I used Mabuchi motors a lot for driving model planes about a decade ago, before the brushless revolution.

On their website (mabuchi-motor.co.jp, there is a US version) you find the assortment, make sure you find a replacement with identical electrical properties such as internal resistance. It may be that the ones with higher torque also have different rpm/volt since they use more windings for that which gives more resistance.

You may check with Fanatec first, and disclaimer: don’t follow my advice.

Paulzx
25-06-2015, 18:38
Yep it's the tire force you need to turn down, not he FFB level

Gloomy
25-06-2015, 18:47
I currently don't have that issue with mine, but I did go in and mess with the 2 soft clipping options before and when I had them set too low I got massive uncontrollable shaking. So the issue might be there, took me awhile to find a sweet spot. It feels good now.

Youloze
25-06-2015, 18:50
I currently don't have that issue with mine, but I did go in and mess with the 2 soft clipping options before and when I had them set too low I got massive uncontrollable shaking. So the issue might be there, took me awhile to find a sweet spot. It feels good now.

Indeed, I've had good success with turning the soft clipping up just a bit and turning the tire force down. I think my soft clipping is at 1.50 and tire force around 65.

Gloomy
25-06-2015, 20:37
Indeed, I've had good success with turning the soft clipping up just a bit and turning the tire force down. I think my soft clipping is at 1.50 and tire force around 65.

Mines at soft clipping (half) 2.50, tire force 100. This was at the suggestion of another thread, and I like it. I've tried a few other variables with those, but this seems a good spot for me now. A nice smooth feel, not to strong or soft.
I use jack spades wheel settings, somewhere in between fy+soplateral and 66%.

Youloze
25-06-2015, 23:25
Mines at soft clipping (half) 2.50, tire force 100. This was at the suggestion of another thread, and I like it. I've tried a few other variables with those, but this seems a good spot for me now. A nice smooth feel, not to strong or soft.
I use jack spades wheel settings, somewhere in between fy+soplateral and 66%.

Maybe I'll try your settings out and see if I like them better. Have you had any issues with Ffb fade?

Bunyip_McLuvin
26-06-2015, 03:22
try adjusting deadzone removal range and falloff

if that doesn't work then try out the config i came up with.
My wheel is the GT3 RS but it should still work for the turbo s wheel.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32289-PS4-Fanatec-GT3-RS-v2-Settings-(No-Clipping)

Gloomy
26-06-2015, 04:46
Maybe I'll try your settings out and see if I like them better. Have you had any issues with Ffb fade?

I haven't experienced any ffb fade. My sessions only go for an hour or so at a time, the ffb always remains consistent.
My previous settings the wheel was really stiff with alot of feedback, also alot of clipping, I couldn't feel the subtle differences, just heavy feedback and even then I didn't experience any fade.
With these settings the ffb is quite a bit softer, but there's a larger range of feel. To me atleast.
I'm just going by what other people are posting and trying different things, I don't really know all that much about it.

Youloze
26-06-2015, 14:07
I haven't experienced any ffb fade. My sessions only go for an hour or so at a time, the ffb always remains consistent.
My previous settings the wheel was really stiff with alot of feedback, also alot of clipping, I couldn't feel the subtle differences, just heavy feedback and even then I didn't experience any fade.
With these settings the ffb is quite a bit softer, but there's a larger range of feel. To me atleast.
I'm just going by what other people are posting and trying different things, I don't really know all that much about it.

Thanks, I'll give yours a shot. I was getting a lot of fade on my Fanatec CSR in just 4-5 laps. I've changed my settings to what I posted above and it is much better but still not perfect. I'll try yours. Thanks!