PDA

View Full Version : Blue Flags and AI

ecstaticbrick
12-06-2015, 18:05
Hi, can someone shed any light as to how the AI react to blue flags and cars coming up to lap them?
I ask because, my favourite part of the game so far is multi class endurance racing but, the AI are driving me mental. When ever you come up to lap them they block you very purposely and obviously and when they are not trying to block you they just seem like they are unaware that you are even there by driving into the side of me on corners or forcing me into the dirt or barriers when there is plenty of space left for them. The most annoying this is being blocked by AI that are on a lower lap that are not even in my class. So I am racing in a LMP1 and he is in a GT4 that has been lapped at least 3 times and he moves of the racing line into my path to block me from safely passing!

Pcars
12-06-2015, 18:07
I have asked this before and was told that this issue is being looked into.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 18:10
Hi, can someone shed any light as to how the AI react to blue flags and cars coming up to lap them?

They don't. They don't move out of the way for cars in faster classes. They don't let you past if they are going into the pit or doing an out lap. They simply race you to death no matter what.

ecstaticbrick
12-06-2015, 18:11
I could live with them not moving out of the way, but what really annoys me is when you try to go around them and they block you!!!

Mahjik
12-06-2015, 18:20
I could live with them not moving out of the way, but what really annoys me is when you try to go around them and they block you!!!

Technically, they should not move out of the way. They should stay their line as Blue Flag (in most racing disciplines) means faster car approaching, not pull over. However, they shouldn't fight an overtake in this situation which is what I believe is being looked into.

Lawndarts
12-06-2015, 18:21
"race to death" ;)

Racing has changed in modern days, slower class cars used to get bullied and tossed off track pre 90's. Now they have the right of way. Blue flags are courtesy flags. But lower classes blocking higher classes does need to be fixed. I've not done multiclass yet but that would annoy me to no end.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 18:29
"race to death" ;)

Racing has changed in modern days, slower class cars used to get bullied and tossed off track pre 90's. Now they have the right of way. Blue flags are courtesy flags. But lower classes blocking higher classes does need to be fixed. I've not done multiclass yet but that would annoy me to no end.

In qualifying the AI will race you on their out lap and when going into pits. People generally don't do that in real life. It is an issue with the AI. I'm not sure what you are trying to justify here.

Shaefer
12-06-2015, 18:37
I`m experiencing the same problems.
I drive endurance racing in my BMW gt 5, so I drive the slowest class on the track. (AI at 100 %
It is absolutely horrible. The AI cars lapping/overtaking me, are not aware that I am on the track what so ever. Rear ending me at high speed, sending me off. Squeezing me off in corners, even though I have the inner lane, sending me off.
If I try to overtake same class car by out breaking them, and sneak past on the inner lane, same as before, AI just turns in like I am not there, sending me off.
This is so frustrating, having my races ended by the poor AI. It`s like an open lobby game ^;^
They AI is ok on the straits, that's all.
Hope to see the AI adressed...

Lawndarts
12-06-2015, 19:39
In qualifying the AI will race you on their out lap and when going into pits. People generally don't do that in real life. It is an issue with the AI. I'm not sure what you are trying to justify here.

Lol true but they actually still do in real life in my SCCA spec series. It's like a mock race to the armatures so it's easy for me to pretend in pcars Clio series. The armatures are hungry for as much track time as possible and try to follow the more experienced drivers and practice their lines... And aren't always conditioned to use their mirrors... Oh I have so many stories...

EFCMatthew
12-06-2015, 19:43
I know what you mean it's so frustrating, it's like why are GT4 cars even in the Endurance Series and not just the GT3 cars it would be a lot more realistic if it was just two class's of GT3 cars as PRO and AM like the WEC

k.merse
12-06-2015, 20:10
AI is still not affected by anything except when it rains. And only if there are rain tires available.

mister dog
12-06-2015, 20:44
Technically, they should not move out of the way. They should stay their line as Blue Flag (in most racing disciplines) means faster car approaching, not pull over. However, they shouldn't fight an overtake in this situation which is what I believe is being looked into.

Yup Ian put it on his special list a while ago. Would be good if that gets fixed and they yield a lot easier.