PDA

View Full Version : career mode

marciobs65
12-06-2015, 19:10
hello,

this is only my opinion, so

i waited for this game, i played it, it looks really good, but i don't like the career mode, it is very boring, always driving the same car, i don't know why but for me is very boring, i think the career mode is very limited, should be different, somehow, why i cant choose, or buy the cars...

thanks

Schnizz58
12-06-2015, 19:14
I actually like it a lot better than other driving games I've played. It feels more like a real career to me. You don't see professional race car drivers driving an Audi one day and a BMW the next.

LordDRIFT
12-06-2015, 19:17
hello,

i waited for this game, i played it, it looks really good, but i don't like the career mode, it is very boring, always driving the same car, i don't know why but for me is very boring, i think the career mode is very limited, should be different, somehow, why i cant choose, or buy the cars...

thanks

It seems that way at first , but once you start winning races you will get more interest from other teams. I'm in my third season now and have more races than I can keep up with to the point of declining many invitations.

CRobby22
12-06-2015, 19:46
It seems that way at first , but once you start winning races you will get more interest from other teams. I'm in my third season now and have more races than I can keep up with to the point of declining many invitations.

The one thing I wish was a little different was if the career was a little more like Grid in which certain teams were a bit faster and you worked to get on those teams. Like maybe you are on a low tier team in FR and finish 3rd in the championship, then the next year you get offered a top tier FR team or your same low tier team offers you FGulf. That way you can either progress as a bottom feeder or really go after championships. Plus it would reduce some of the randomness of drivers in the championships. I think would just add a bit more depth.

LordDRIFT
12-06-2015, 19:55
The one thing I wish was a little different was if the career was a little more like Grid in which certain teams were a bit faster and you worked to get on those teams. Like maybe you are on a low tier team in FR and finish 3rd in the championship, then the next year you get offered a top tier FR team or your same low tier team offers you FGulf. That way you can either progress as a bottom feeder or really go after championships. Plus it would reduce some of the randomness of drivers in the championships. I think would just add a bit more depth.

I think they take the approach of spec racing. I don't mind it. On paper it should make the races really competitive which I find to be true more often than not.

Schnizz58
12-06-2015, 19:58

How do you decline an invitation? When I get invites to races they just show up on my calendar.

LordDRIFT
12-06-2015, 20:02
How do you decline an invitation? When I get invites to races they just show up on my calendar.

If a single event just jump to next event. If it is a series and you enter you are stuck, so jump to next if you wish to not take part as well. The interface could use some refinement. Would love for the event to list my best finish. If I won I'd rather focus on other events , so now I have to check my badges before committing to a race. Very tedious.

Awong124
12-06-2015, 20:04
There are so many invitationals though. I was always driving different cars in my career, even in the beginning.

There is a key/button you can press to skip to the next event. Look around on your screen, it's near the bottom right.

DARREN LOVE
12-06-2015, 20:12
well i think this game is amazing i love the career mode thats all i play and i am in season 6 the one thing i would like to see in career is the choice of what weather i want to drive in

m3lover1
12-06-2015, 20:30
I do agree that it would be awesome if there is more consistent in terms of scoring points, not necessarily weaker teams and so forth. That way I really need to be on my game in order to beat the championship. Several seasons I started really badly, as in 11th, 17th in the first two races, and at the end only winning one race I was able to win the championship. No big deal, just feel that would be more immersive for the career.

But I also do love the career as well. Currently in GT3 and contemplating staying for another season after this one is over.

k.merse
13-06-2015, 05:37
If the career mode would have some more immersion added (rivals, fight for sponsors, interviews, simple things) PCars would have the best career mode available.

Dutchmountains
13-06-2015, 05:45
hello,

thanks

This is the best career mode ever made!
This is realistic.
Maybe you do something wrong cause after the first races there are a lot of different races with different cars.

If you dont like this then is the only option to play the boring career modes of GT6-Forza-Assetto Corsa!

Dutchmountains
13-06-2015, 06:26
well i think this game is amazing i love the career mode thats all i play and i am in season 6 the one thing i would like to see in career is the choice of what weather i want to drive in

Its a simulation of real life.
Can you choose today the weather you want???

Daffers
13-06-2015, 08:18
hello,

thanks

I think this is the best career mode ever to be honest. It finally sort of represents the real thing. If any i think the championships are to short.
There should be 12-16 races per class instead of 4-5.
But i am a sucker for realism, but to be honest i haven't seen any game with a career mode with so many classes and championships that are quite realistic.

The only thing that completely destroys the career mode is the random names every season and the random talent of the drivers in your class. Which makes all championships kind of pointless to be honest.

apexatspeed
13-06-2015, 08:23
Its a simulation of real life.
Can you choose today the weather you want???

Nope, but I can chose how long I want the races to be, and when I want the races to start over.