PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] 2 questions...

k12doz
12-06-2015, 20:12
1. Is it possible to save the game during a race?

2. Is it possible to accelerate time, in car, while your AI "teammate" is driving?

Thanks in advance for any help.

apexatspeed
12-06-2015, 20:15
1.) Negative

2.) I'm not sure I don't play single player

Pink_650S
12-06-2015, 20:22
2.) No.

k12doz
12-06-2015, 22:03
Thanks for the responses. Hopefully these are features that can be included in future patches. They were in GTR and GTR2, hopefully they will be added.

Pink_650S
12-06-2015, 22:34
I can see the first being implemented, but the second one not so much... :p

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 22:39
On 1. we do actually have the code to allow saves during a race but we decided against it for gameplay reasons. I recall F1 by Ubisoft ages ago allowing it and I was saving every corner.

2. Again, we could do it but I'm not sure it's high on most people's list.

HBK
12-06-2015, 23:42
On 1. we do actually have the code to allow saves during a race but we decided against it for gameplay reasons. I recall F1 by Ubisoft ages ago allowing it and I was saving every corner.
:eek:

I understand wanting to have restrictions on such a feature to prevent "abuse", but it'd be very nice if at least we could save while in the pits (saving race progress would be mostly useful when running "endurance" races).

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 23:44
:eek:

I understand wanting to have restrictions on such a feature to prevent "abuse", but it'd be very nice if at least we could save while in the pits (saving race progress would be mostly useful when running "endurance" races).

That is a good idea.

Mods, at it to my secret special list please.

GenBrien
12-06-2015, 23:49

could we do like in GTR2 and saving only allowed in the pits?
would be very usefull if you're doing a race longer than 1 hour but you then want to do something else( MP for ex)

people would not abuse it because you'll lose time passing in the pits

edit:ninja'd

AdM1
12-06-2015, 23:52
Yes so saving mid race may come to endurance races? I hope so as I would love to do full 24 hour races but obviously there's no way I'm going to dedicate a full 24 hours and I'd rather not have the AI drive with the xbox on without me watching as I'll probably come back to find myself in last or something.

KartKingCorre
13-06-2015, 00:00
That is a good idea.

How many lists you got? I count a special list, a secret list, and the secret special list :p

dustyjo
13-06-2015, 00:02
That is a good idea.

GT5/6 does it the same way and it works really well. I say it's something you should really look into adding.

Aldo Zampatti
13-06-2015, 02:10
That is a good idea.

Added :)

TMoney
13-06-2015, 03:22
That's a fantastic idea. It allows people with normal lives and full time jobs the chance to actually complete a REAL 24 hour race in game. ;)

I guess the main thing here is for endurance races, but could prove useful in any race with a decent length to it. Heck I'd probably up the session lengths in my GT3 career if saving in pits was added.

In pits prevents abuse entirely from what I can see and could be compared to swapping in a driver while you get to rest and pick up later where you left off. Love it!

spinkick
13-06-2015, 03:38
Id love saving for 24 hour races

GBRC.C7
13-06-2015, 06:48
That is a good idea.

Just a thought, if you want to retain the immersion would it be possible to only allow (or do it as an auto save feature) a save after 10 laps, perhaps with a warning that if you have done less than that number since the last save that "x laps of progress will be lost if you quit now"
Not terribly well worded I know but I trust you get the idea.

Ian Bell
13-06-2015, 07:25
How many lists you got? I count a special list, a secret list, and the secret special list :p

And only one of them will happen! :)

John Hargreaves
13-06-2015, 07:41
Yes so saving mid race may come to endurance races? I hope so as I would love to do full 24 hour races but obviously there's no way I'm going to dedicate a full 24 hours and I'd rather not have the AI drive with the xbox on without me watching as I'll probably come back to find myself in last or something.

Or you might come in from work to find a melted heap of plastic and wires on your living room floor :)

Fanapryde
18-06-2015, 14:07
Really happy to read this feature is coming ;)

tgrey
23-06-2015, 07:10
Very excited to hear there will be mid-race saves!

I'd like to also suggest the opportunity for saves between sessions, such as after a good qualifier before the race starts.

Fanapryde
23-06-2015, 07:32
Very excited to hear there will be mid-race saves!

I'd like to also suggest the opportunity for saves between sessions, such as after a good qualifier before the race starts.
I did not try in "normal" races, but in endurance races that works already.
You can save after warmup and/or after qualifying and leave the race for later.

tgrey
23-06-2015, 07:40
I did not try in "normal" races, but in endurance races that works already.
You can save after warmup and/or after qualifying and leave the race for later.

I don't recall seeing that in regular races, but it could be possible I just missed it. I'll admit I am almost as new to the game as I am to the forums, and sometimes I'm still figuring out where to look for certain things ;)

Sorry if I'm requesting something that exists, but if it's only for endurance races I'd definitely request adding it to any multi-session race.

Kart14
23-06-2015, 19:17
That is a good idea.

What is your secret special list? :) :p

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 19:44
What is your secret special list? :) :p

We can't reveal it, nor the 4 of them :rolleyes::p

Kart14
23-06-2015, 19:45

Damn! Shame you can't say :D :p. You have 4 lists? Cant say one of them? You will still have 3 secret lists! Lol.

Aldo Zampatti
23-06-2015, 19:49
LOL.
I'm just messing around! Ian do have a list of his favorite suggestions from the community. Not every single of them will get into the game maybe, but they will definitely get heavily considered as Ian has *some* power... you know.. :)

Knightfall
23-06-2015, 20:20
Great idea for saving in the pits! I often shorten race length (thank you for this option by the way) so I can complete races in whatever time I have available. Saving allows me to do both!

I can't help but notice how well this thread turned out when everyone was civil about this matter...

24Lemons
24-07-2015, 10:00
It would be fantastic to be able to save the game while in the pits. I normally get 1-2 hours a night on the game before my girlfriend gets home, there's no way I could even consider taking on a race longer than a couple of hours at the moment and I'd dearly love to have a go at a few 24 hour events!

PerFixAlot
24-07-2015, 10:10
My electricity bill is sad to hear this, it was going for an all time high this quarter.

Last time I went 100 laps on Le Mans I just paused the game and left it sitting there all night, guzzling maybe 5-600W, then resumed in the morning.
I regret nothing, global warming and all, I just left the freezer door open to compensate for the added heat.

bonannogiovanni
09-08-2015, 01:05

I don't have more than half an hour playing time a day, cause some people have a busy life outside videogames. Right now my only way to play PC is 10 minute qualifying and 4/5 lap races, no more, which means not being able to fully enjoy this beatiful game. Game saves are a must, especially in a game which is lenghty. If you think someone might overabuse it then limit it in some way, like allowing only every 1,2,3,5 10 laps instead than at every corner. Saving in the pits is not enough. Your decision is really hindering me, since you have the code, this might be squeezed in the next patch, then do it.

TECH_SMITH
14-08-2015, 20:49
close it (thread) quick!! :P

robdok
07-09-2015, 06:49
Reading the forums I see that there are many fans of endurance racing. All together with me are asking for the ability to save the game during the race. Is SMS is able to implement this option in next Patch? Please !!!!!!!

Cholton82
07-09-2015, 10:35
With sugar on to pretty please

Razocharovaniye
06-11-2015, 14:55
Still waiting :D

BullWinkle
06-11-2015, 15:50

I think Ian's 1st list is the one he mails off to Santa.:o

tgrey
06-11-2015, 18:37
Just to make sure Ian and SMS realize how important this is for some people... many racing wheels tell you very specifically *NOT* to suspend the system with the wheel plugged in, so mid race saves is the only way some wheel users would ever be able to complete a 24 hour race without leaving the system turned on for days if not weeks at a time.

I *REALLY* want to do a proper 24 hour race, but even time compressed to 2 hours it can still be tough on a busy schedule. Really really hope to see this soon, especially since the code for it already existed in some form or fashion!

robdok
12-04-2016, 10:40
After a few months break, I want to again play Pcars. I question whether you can finally save the game during the 24h race?

mikutzu
12-04-2016, 10:48
After a few months break, I want to again play Pcars. I question whether you can finally save the game during the 24h race?

Sadly no :(

robdok
12-04-2016, 11:17
I do not understand why this is still a problem.

Roger Prynne
12-04-2016, 12:00
Because it would mean a lot of coding, and at this late stage it's not really feasible.

tgrey
12-04-2016, 12:14
Because it would mean a lot of coding, and at this late stage it's not really feasible.

That's a bit dismissive considering it's originally a request made almost a year ago, and that's assuming there isn't an older request for the same feature. Further, Ian even stated that the code has already been written, but they didn't put it in because he personally abuses the ability by saving in every corner (even tho we've offered very fair work-arounds such as only allowing saves in a pit-stop, which introduces enough delay to make saving each lap a losing strategy)

I'll even point out again, wheel users are completely out of luck since we can't (shouldn't? I don't know, but I'm not risking my $300 wheel to find out) suspend the console mid-race... so without this ability, completing a 24 hour race just can not happen for us.

So I would go so far as to say this really isn't a request anymore... this is a plea. *PLEASE* give us wheel users a fair method to at least attempt to complete a 24 hour race that doesn't involve having a small team of drivers, or ingesting near lethal levels of amphetamines.

Bealdor
12-04-2016, 13:03
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43205-Another-thread-opened-Ian-is-listening&p=1197752&viewfull=1#post1197752

tgrey
12-04-2016, 13:08
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43205-Another-thread-opened-Ian-is-listening&p=1197752&viewfull=1#post1197752

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31020-ANSWERED-2-questions&p=986845&viewfull=1#post986845

pre-dates it by 6 months, and is right there in this thread.

Bealdor
12-04-2016, 13:14
I know this post but the newer one is more relevant. It's out of scope so it won't come unfortunately.

cluck
12-04-2016, 13:14
Ian stated back then that they have the code to do it, not that the code is actually in the game. It is that, I suspect, that he refers to in his post that Bealdor linked, citing the complexity of actually adding that code in. It's one thing to have the code to do something, it's another to actually implement it, especially without breaking other things :o.

Would I like that feature myself? Yes, of course I would, should I ever want to try and do a full 24hr race. Unless SMS can pull off a minor miracle - as they did with the optimisations to make the Nürburgring 24hr layout possible - I won't be holding my breath for it to happen.

EDIT : Semi-eelja'd