PDA

View Full Version : Small problem, otherwise great! (220+ hrs in)

Mturner
12-06-2015, 21:15
Hello everyone, I have over 220 hours on Pcars and have a few things that bug me but no massive problems. Thanks for the game.

I would like help with a issue i have noticed in Pcars and was hoping someone could help me get to the bottom of it.

I have made a video and will also describe what happens,

In a Rear Wheel Drive car the front wheels are still driven?
(to reproduce this, place your car nose upto a wall in 1st gear and press the throttle, you will see the front tire grip overwhelmed by some force that i can't explain)
I was wondering if this was known or being looked into?

I also cant seem to do good burnouts through the gears in any car, does anyone have a video demonstrating how to do this?
In my real life car, i used to hold the clutch and throttle, build revs, bring up the clutch and quickly apply the brake to stop the front (un-driven) wheels, once the revs reach high enough a quick shift will sustain the burnout in a powerful enough car.

Thank you all for your time.

Mark

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 21:22
Welcome back Mark.

I know you think I'm not technically capable but I'm all you've got.

The slow movement of front wheels against a wall whilst not driven is called a 'bug'. It's also quite a common one in racing games where a variant physics system is used for stability at stationary or very low speeds. It can and will be fixed.

As per your last thread before the ban, I could hear your clutch slipping or at least it sounded like that. If you have auto clutch on it will engage and slowly feed power in, negating wheel spin.

The rears were also nicely heated up after your wall press burnout, So they would be extremely sticky.

Mturner
12-06-2015, 21:24
Thanks for the response, I have tried to adjust the clutch sensitivity to make the clutch come out faster, does that work as i thought it would? or is it for pedal only?

And thanks for letting me know about the issue is known, I'm happy now.
Also thanks for not IP banning me ;)

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 21:27
Thanks for the response, I have tried to adjust the clutch sensitivity to make the clutch come out faster, does that work as i thought it would? or is it for pedal only?

Thanks for coming back not looking for a fight :)

We're really eager to help where we can.

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 21:28

If you go manual gears and no autoclutch, rev then drop it into gear, it will spin some. But even then, with the rears very heated as yours were, it's like a dragster, it grips like hell, especially with slicks.

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 21:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5f_1PO0-Uc

Mturner
12-06-2015, 21:39
In my R33 GTR with Toyo Proxies R888 and 600 HP it would EASILY hit the limiter/ spin through gears.
The McLaren isn't on slicks its on its own "McLaren F1" tire, which has treads on it. Similar to the R888 I had on my car, they were the softest, least tread legally allowed on UK roads. They had no problem with wheel spin or a burnout with the brakes on. I feel the cars should climb to the limiter despite the explanation of heat and grip. Even in a FWD car with the hand brake held you can go through the gears... I'm just feeling something a little "off", its not game braking but it just does not feel natural. Could this be related to the system you described or is this "as intended"?

Thanks again.

Mturner
12-06-2015, 21:42
Yeah, i can reproduce a simple doughnut like that. that isn't a problem. The issue i have is when you change to 2nd gear...

Here is more what im looking for a demonstration of. Climbing through the gears.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps3YPkrrGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLSnhboX_Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEZ3N0vd6fA