PDA

View Full Version : Community Events Le Mans 24h - lap times far to fast

toold
13-06-2015, 08:29
Hello, the lap times off the 2011 audi R18 at Le Mans have been arround 3.30 to 3.34. Some here achieve a 3.20 and even better 3.16 lap time.

BCFCBristolRed
13-06-2015, 08:38
I just did a 3:46. Looks like I suck. :(

Briareos79
13-06-2015, 08:46
The fastest R18 qualified in 2011 with a 3:25. When you take into account that your life is not at risk in pcars so that you can exploit the setups and in contrast to real life you have a nearly unlimited amount of retries if you crash then it doesnt surprise me to see times that are faster than real life. In iracing you can achieve times with the gt cars that are absolutely impossible in real life, just as an example. After all pcars is a game and it is only natural that the players try to exploit every loophole that is in it.

toold
13-06-2015, 08:59
I understand comletely your argumentation, but i think, if a "game" call itself racing - simulator, it has to come as close as possible to the reality, or it is simply a game.
as a game i can accept it ( and I can accept to race in a R18 to the moon) , as a simulator not.

Briareos79
13-06-2015, 09:12
I mentioned iracing as an example that pretty much every simulation out there produces lap times that differ from real life. I wonder what would have happened if Benoit Treluyer (the 2011 polesetter in the R18) knew that he would not be harmed if he overdrove the car and, could have exploited the setup and had the time to turn hundreds of laps with the track all for himself and no other cars out there. I am pretty sure that he would have been faster than 3:25.

BCFCBristolRed
13-06-2015, 09:39
I understand comletely your argumentation, but i think, if a "game" call itself racing - simulator, it has to come as close as possible to the reality, or it is simply a game.
as a game i can accept it ( and I can accept to race in a R18 to the moon) , as a simulator not.

Problem is that you're not going to be able to simulate the life and death situation of actually racing said car around said track. To be honest, Briareos explained it perfectly.

toold
13-06-2015, 09:48
Should be you are right so.:-)

NemethR
13-06-2015, 10:26
The fastest R18 qualified in 2011 with a 3:25. When you take into account that your life is not at risk in pcars so that you can exploit the setups and in contrast to real life you have a nearly unlimited amount of retries if you crash then it doesnt surprise me to see times that are faster than real life. In iracing you can achieve times with the gt cars that are absolutely impossible in real life, just as an example. After all pcars is a game and it is only natural that the players try to exploit every loophole that is in it.

This is very much not true.

Professional racing drivers can drive the car safely around the track at around 95% of the cars limit.
Now take into account, that the fastest lap times are achieved by cutting the hell out of the track, and if i keep the car ON the track I can drive a 3:30-ish time, well, yea, then its simpy because peopel aren't driving on the racetrack.

Just take for example the 1st shicane, Semperger David cut the whole second corner. (I used his ghost).
Back then if any Audi driver would have done that, his time would have been removed from the laptimes.

I think that a good driver, with wome prectice can achieve real wordd laptimes in PCars.
Cheaters, and unsportsman people, can go 10 sec faster.

Briareos79
13-06-2015, 10:44
This is very much not true.

Professional racing drivers can drive the car safely around the track at around 95% of the cars limit.
Now take into account, that the fastest lap times are achieved by cutting the hell out of the track, and if i keep the car ON the track I can drive a 3:30-ish time, well, yea, then its simpy because peopel aren't driving on the racetrack.

Just take for example the 1st shicane, Semperger David cut the whole second corner. (I used his ghost).
Back then if any Audi driver would have done that, his time would have been removed from the laptimes.

I think that a good driver, with wome prectice can achieve real wordd laptimes in PCars.
Cheaters, and unsportsman people, can go 10 sec faster.

Could you perhaps highlight the exact sentence of my post that you think is "very much not true"? As all I said is that through exploiting the setup, no harm while crashing and a nearly unlimited number of laps you can be faster in this game than in real life. If you look at the leaderbords there are quite a lot of R18 times that are below 3:25:7XX that were achieved without cutting the chicane.

MrBlacky
13-06-2015, 10:51
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506112130_Qualifying%20Practice%203/06_CombinedClassification_Qualifying%20Practice.PDF

3:20s are quite normal?

NemethR
13-06-2015, 10:52
Could you perhaps highlight the exact sentence of my post that you think is "very much not true"? As all I said is that through exploiting the setup, no harm while crashing and a nearly unlimited number of laps you can be faster in this game than in real life. If you look at the leaderbords there are quite a lot of R18 times that are below 3:25:7XX that were achieved without cutting the chicane.

Yes you CAN be faster, but not by 8 seconds!

Sascha F.
13-06-2015, 11:04
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/03_LE%20MANS/86_FIA%20WEC/201506112130_Qualifying%20Practice%203/06_CombinedClassification_Qualifying%20Practice.PDF

Well not back in 2011, when the R18 didn't have the complex hybrid system as nowadays. The car ingame represents the 2011 model iirc.

Qualifying time in 2011 was 3:25.7 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

blankfile
13-06-2015, 11:06

For the current 2014 ruleset cars yes. but you are comparing a 2011 rules car with the 2014 cars. The 2011 audi was rather slow compared to the cars only a couple years later.
For the laptime difference it is mostly in the corner cutting like others have said. IRL those laptimes would be dissalowed and as you could see this le mans ALL the previous laptimes are also erased if continuous abuse of tracklimits is going on.

From what i see the audi verry much compares to the real thing. Try pushing for a 3.25 without cutting any corners and while probably passing a few cars. that is gonna be quite the challenge i think.

Briareos79
13-06-2015, 11:07
Yes you CAN be faster, but not by 8 seconds!

And I never said that. That is why I was wondering about the tone of your comment.

Sascha F.
13-06-2015, 11:12
I think i did a 3:24,xx in time trial yesterday without cutting (at least not intentional, might have been one or two points were I haven't been between the white lines - happens... and I'm always for really really strict cut rules), have to watch my own ghost tomorrow. But these 3:16 is really not nice if it was straightlining the chicanes...

Another example why it's better to wait some more time before doing any serious hotlapping, I hope the track cut fixes will be in a patch not that far away.

edit: oh forgot to say, it's likely the real lap times could have been a little bit quicker, but don't forget the real drivers always set their laps in traffic with lots of other cars in the way, so it's possible there could have been some seconds shaved off in the real car if it had been driven alone on the track. Needless to say that they were not doing their laps with fixed 5 liters of fuel and tyre wear off at warm track and ambient temps like we do in the sim... ;)
So it's not really 1:1 comparable to the real thing.

AfterAll14
13-06-2015, 11:42
SMS need to seriously work on cutting the track. Simple rule - 2 wheels should always stay on track. Is it so hard to script it?! Those -6sec times is reason why I don't even try to compete for leaderboard.

N0body Of The Goat
13-06-2015, 14:25
Real life LMPs will need enough fuel for at least 3 laps (outlap; flying lap; in lap), which will be rather more than the pCARS fixed fuel level of 5 litres.

Real life will also have some "parc ferme" rules IIRC, so they have to race with the setup they qualified with (besides some very minor permitted tweaks).

Regardless of anything else going on in pCARS, this gives pCARS racers a massive advantage over real life. ;)

BellCurve
13-06-2015, 16:49

Yeah I don't get it either...

NemethR
13-06-2015, 16:55
... That is why I was wondering about the tone of your comment.

Sorry if for you the tone was "offending", I did not mean it to be.
Maybe its because English is not my mothers tongue, and sometimes I am not fully aware, of how a word might affect the tonality of a sentence.

EMW Simmo
13-06-2015, 20:04
We all know how they are getting such fast times lol, just race 90% of the top 20 times and you will see why at the very first corner/chicanes and alot of the rest of the track...????
Seriousley it beggers belief that they run competitions/prize giving, if the track limits are broken....fix the track limits first and reset the Lbs/timetrial after,b efore anything else, this should have priority.