PDA

View Full Version : Career mode AI tires/weather issues post patch

DozUK
13-06-2015, 09:19
Im not noticing much difference after patch. I paused my career pending patch due to the weather change tire issue but after reconvening I'm not noticing the difference.

I'm doing a 12 lap race (Mandatory pit) and rain hits on lap 8. The ai starts pitting from lap 3 with the majority all done by lap 5. I assume they change to wets as when rain hits on lap 8 they don't pit back in. So from this I conclude that for a lot of cars they're driving 5 laps in wets on dry, if I did this I my lap times would be poor and throughout all this time I'm haring round very fast on dry track on softs. I would have thought I would lap a car but maybe not? I'm the last to pit, on lap 8 rains starts lightly halfway round so I'm driving a fraction of lap in wet on dry tires. I pit, and come out 2nd or 3rd (tried a few times). Not only that but cars behind are going faster and the cars in front increase their gap. Exactly this situation happened pre patch. Not sure if the changes documented are only in solo but I can't see it in this career.

Open to it being me though, just very surprised I was expecting either the early pitters to put again when rain started or at least to be extremely slow based on driving wets on dry track for so long.

Has anyone else had this experience in career after the patch with changing weather towards end of race?

raptor unit
13-06-2015, 11:07
Surly the ai wouldn't all run same race strategy with pitting and going onto wets you would think there be mix strategies for example later pitting when the rain comes in or some ai staying on slicks and risking or hoping the rain doesn't come just like you would see in real racing.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 12:54
They pit on this because its mandatory and most pit early between laps 3 and 5. My assumption that they change to wets is based on two factors (taking into account documented 1.4 changes in this area). 1) when the rains starts to hammer down (light lap 8, a lot harder 9-12) they don't pit a second time (which I thought they would, I can only think rain is forecast so they chose wets) and 2) their lap times don't go slower and they don't skid around and lose control over heavy rain which they and I would if driving with slicks in pouring rain.

A third factor is that after I've pitted at end of lap 8 onto wets at least one passes me as I'm coming out of the pit lane and continually increases gap while those below catch up. This is inspite of me producing good lap times through laps 1-8 on slicks while most are driving (assumed wets) on a dry track.

This happened pre patch which is why I stopped until the patch came out, but I'm seeing no difference at all.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 16:43
Is anyone else finding this?

Mahjik
13-06-2015, 19:08
The main change with the recent patch was how the AI performs on dry tires in the rain. The other changes that are required for better AI rain racing are still being tested (i.e. wear with wet tires on dry tarmac, etc).

k.merse
13-06-2015, 19:11
In other words: AI is still broken, but better than it was on release.

Mahjik
13-06-2015, 19:15
In other words: AI is still broken, but better than it was on release.

In other words, not everything is going to be fixed in a single patch. The devs have stated they are testing some other changes so more will be coming. Doug, the AI lead, has already put in over 200 hours over the past few weeks testing and balancing the AI and tire wear (for the player tires as well).

DozUK
13-06-2015, 19:18
The main change with the recent patch was how the AI performs on dry tires in the rain. The other changes that are required for better AI rain racing are still being tested (i.e. wear with wet tires on dry tarmac, etc).

That doesn't really make any difference then. The changes to how the AI performs in drys on wets is really negated by the fact they now pit before it starts to rain. This then brings the opposite problem as they run fast in wets on a dry track (until it rains, when they become equal to you also now on wets). No difference really, no wonder the outcome is the same.

Mahjik
13-06-2015, 19:23
No difference really, no wonder the outcome is the same.

Well, nothing more to comment but that there was nothing listed in the patch notes saying there would be work in that space. As mentioned, the devs have commented on testing they are doing in this space and they did say it was going to take some time for balancing. This has already been going on for a while so hopefully it's something that can be completed for 1.5.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 19:39
Well, nothing more to comment but that there was nothing listed in the patch notes saying there would be work in that space. As mentioned, the devs have commented on testing they are doing in this space and they did say it was going to take some time for balancing. This has already been going on for a while so hopefully it's something that can be completed for 1.5.

No that's fair point, I'm not complaining I just thought that the change would fix my issue with this race but its in fact brought the opposite problem (AI don't run fast in rain with slicks, they pit early and run fast with wets in dry ha). I understand Rome wasn't built in the day, I just didn't realise the problem that was fixed would bring highlight another problem that negated the fix

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 19:43
No that's fair point, I'm not complaining I just thought that the change would fix my issue with this race but its in fact brought the opposite problem (AI don't run fast in rain with slicks, they pit early and run fast with wets in dry ha). I understand Rome wasn't built in the day, I just didn't realise the problem that was fixed would bring highlight another problem that negated the fix

To be fair, the player's rain tires are too good in the dry too atm. I know that's not perfect but you could use this information as a workaround for now.

xautos
13-06-2015, 20:05
i ran that race at zolder with the lotus 98t invitational the weather patternes changed to 2 laps earlier than expected and rain fell, as soon as the rain started to throw it down the ai came in on lap 4, i hung it out for lap 6, the majority of the ai drivers came in and changed tyres, did not know which, however by the time i had made my own stop, i had a 37 second gap to 2nd place, changed to inters and got out about 16 seconds ahead, the ai driver behind didnt pit, thats for sure. towards the end the track was more or less flooded, dealing with the horrible gears of the 98t around the corners, almost loosing control a few times, the driver behind was at one point gaining on me, however unlike the 1.3 version, this is has notably slowed down in the rain. infact i have noticed the ai in generally is a lot slower in the 1.4 version even on dry track.

if the ai driver had not of pitted the ai should of either tip toe around the track at a dangerously low speed or landed in a wall somewhere.

To be fair, the player's rain tires are too good in the dry too atm. I know that's not perfect but you could use this information as a workaround for now.

funny, because that same race i had to reset a few times because the default setup called for wets when a little water was on the track, within half a corner all 4 tyres had completely overheated and it was sliding around like mad. now thats unrealistic in the 98t. it takes time for the wet tyres to overheat like that and where there is some water on the offline section of the track not to mention cooler track, it should of cooled the tyres on the straight going through that water and colder track surface..

m355y
13-06-2015, 20:10
I was pretty surprised at the degree of the loss of grip in Formula B earlier. It started raining (lightly), I switched to inters and was initially fine, then suddenly, almost immediately, I couldn't even go in a straight line at 20mph without the car spinning. It struck me as a bit extreme.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 20:30

Thanks, but I don't really know how that would work in my favour. Surely staying out in slicks as long as I can would be better than switching early to wets while track was dry?

It just doesn't work, the above is faster but I still come out of pit in p2 or worse despite winning when in go into pit and AI being on wets for ages on dry. It's just opposite problem same net result. I'm hoping the next patch will cure because its pointless running a race where weather will change during the course of it

Schnizz58
13-06-2015, 20:50
Thanks, but I don't really know how that would work in my favour. Surely staying out in slicks as long as I can would be better than switching early to wets while track was dry?

It just doesn't work, the above is faster but I still come out of pit in p2 or worse despite winning when in go into pit and AI being on wets for ages on dry. It's just opposite problem same net result. I'm hoping the next patch will cure because its pointless running a race where weather will change during the course of it
Not sure but maybe in a wet -> dry situation you could stay on your wets when the AI cars pit to put on slicks or intermediates.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 20:57
Not sure but maybe in a wet -> dry situation you could stay on your wets when the AI cars pit to put on slicks or intermediates.

Potentially that way round may work depending on how many laps left. Doesn't help my career race though, but I'm happy that it's being looked at. I just thought it was cured in this patch and was looking forward to exciting pit strategies

Schnizz58
13-06-2015, 21:05
Potentially that way round may work depending on how many laps left. Doesn't help my career race though, but I'm happy that it's being looked at. I just thought it was cured in this patch and was looking forward to exciting pit strategies
I thought so too up until a week or so ago and then I found out it wasn't. It was never in the release notes, just a misunderstanding on my part.

DozUK
13-06-2015, 22:29
I've just tried it again, its very frustrating and very unrealistic. I went into pits p1, came out p3 and was passed by cars who have been on wets from early on now going way faster than me. They should have been nowhere near me in the first place let alone their increased speed when both on wets. They've driven wets on dry for about 5 laps. I'm going to have to put career on hold until this is fixed. I could lower AI level but that's pointless, I want a race where the tyres have the right effects. Such a shame, hope 1.5 addresses this and is out soon. Career is unplayable for me with this

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 00:17
I see the same thing but worse. It starts out dry and on lap 5 it's starts to poor. The ai never pits and they leave me behind. I have to pit or lose control and pit forces me or lose control driving in wet with slicks, because there is only 1 lap left and I don't have the time to make it up. I'm usually about 8second lead but with the tire change im to far behind to make it up. I come out around 7 and get back to around 4 and that is the best.

It is so worse with 1.4, never saw this before update

Bealdor
14-06-2015, 00:39
I've just tried it again, its very frustrating and very unrealistic. I went into pits p1, came out p3 and was passed by cars who have been on wets from early on now going way faster than me. They should have been nowhere near me in the first place let alone their increased speed when both on wets. They've driven wets on dry for about 5 laps. I'm going to have to put career on hold until this is fixed. I could lower AI level but that's pointless, I want a race where the tyres have the right effects. Such a shame, hope 1.5 addresses this and is out soon. Career is unplayable for me with this

Wet tire wear will be increased, hopefully with the next patch already.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 07:57

Thank you, that should hopefully even things out and maae a massive difference

DozUK
14-06-2015, 08:12

Although tire wear is only a portion of the issue, the main problem is the performance of a tire on an incorrect track type ie wets on a dry track for a long period of time. Will this be addressed in the next patch? Forgive me if this is part of the solution you mentioned, I wasn't sure if you just meant actual wear of wets in rain.

Timilios
14-06-2015, 09:14
I, as many others, have also paused my career due to the dramatic, relative and absolute, change in performance when rain sets in. One of the most important concerns for any racing game should be to produce a level playing field, arcade and sim alike, as this is the basis for a good race, no different than real life racing. PC have achieved this to an, in my opinion, epic degree while in the dry, on console. Then I hit the classic touring car event at brands hatch. 8 laps, it starts raining about half way through. I start at 4'th, but at lap 6 it starts to get really slippery. I absolutely do not mind having to crawl my way around a classic british track, but seeing that everybody else suddenly turns into a bastard child between Senna and schumi, simply driving as on a train track, while i have extreme brake-oversteer and mid corner understeer at the same speeds, just destroys the fun. To my knowledge there is only one tyre for these classic races, so no difference there. I know I could probably minimize these effects by turning on some drivers aids, but this would completely destroy the fun for me. If i wanted a muted racing experience, i had bought a NFS game (not the shift ones naturally ;)) I'm afraid I still see the dramatic difference in wet performance post patch, maybe not to the same extent, but still in my opinion enough to make the challenge unrealistic, and that might work in Dark Souls as motivation, but not in a racing game. Thank you

DozUK
14-06-2015, 09:47
I, as many others, have also paused my career due to the dramatic, relative and absolute, change in performance when rain sets in. One of the most important concerns for any racing game should be to produce a level playing field, arcade and sim alike, as this is the basis for a good race, no different than real life racing

Exactly this, its the point I'm making on these posts. A change of weather part way through the race completely unbalances the great work put in to make such a fantastic game. But this is a major aspect of motor racing sim and to me should be the priority over any graphical tweaks etc. If the game includes weather changes and pit stops, it should really be working as intended. It's the one area of this great game that both dissapoints and frustrates me.

Ixoye56
14-06-2015, 10:05
There is no point driving career when not functioning properly, an opportunity to determine the weather conditions in career mode would be desirable, at least until all the bugs are fixed.

msportdan
14-06-2015, 10:08
Just wanted to add.

Ai in their first cold tyre Lap, is far too fast. Clio's at snetteeton i couldn't match Ai for grip until my tyres were green. They start with what ut seems optimal temps. Also Ai braking wtf they can brake in distances like a f1 car.

Games a frustrating thing to play that's for sure. Just wanted to join and post my Ai findings. I wont mention the annoying ffb issues there obvious.

Timilios
14-06-2015, 10:46
I guess the point is that if you are having a great time, and are getting challenged to your liking at ai level 80, in the dry, it shouldn't feel like the ai is set 40 points to high, when it starts raining. You could set the ai to 60, but that would just lead to a boring race in the dry, and subsequently a frustrating one when it starts raining.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 10:52
I guess the point is that if you are having a great time, and are getting challenged to your liking at ai level 80, in the dry, it shouldn't feel like the ai is set 40 points to high, when it starts raining. You could set the ai to 60, but that would just lead to a boring race in the dry, and subsequently a frustrating one when it starts raining.

Yeah, I did that last night. I knocked out the AI down by 10 and ended up quitting on last lap as it didn't feel right. I was winning by considerable margin but only because AI laps were too slow. It was too easy and not enjoyable. I have the right level of challenge, but the game is unbalanced when change of weather occurs. To me, this fix is top of any other as its fundamental to the experience and the games features. The game is fantastic if the weather doesn't change but I love the weather aspects.

ciderman9000000
14-06-2015, 11:16
Why wasn't this done properly before the game was released?

Tbh I've absolutely no confidence that the dev team have any clue whatsoever on how to get the AI working properly. If they knew how to get it right then they'd have done so by now. Obviously they just don't know how to make it work.

The game is broken. It just doesn't work.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 11:27
I'd have preferred the game to be released but without weather changes enabled (until working to simulate) purely to alleviate the frustration as thats what's happening anyway (manually by myself). I'm holding my career as current race features weather change, and if I set a race up I won't include weather change.

I like the game and I'd prefer to have it in my hands rather than wait any longer but I do believe features that don't work yet should be disabled as it ruins the experience. Make the call to release the game but add mid race weather changes when it's working

msportdan
14-06-2015, 12:49
Notoriously no sim has managed a good wet Ai simulation. Rf2 does a good job now but that took a few builds and doesn't looks half as pretty when it does rain. Maybe Geoff crammonds f1 iirc. But moat modern Sims rush to get the wet race in and don't really think about the basics.

I personally think pcars has bitten off more than it can chew. Too many cars to simulate too any tracks to get the Ai right on and on top to many issues.

Pcars broken. ? No its playable but like most games these days are released with issues. I take it people that say games are broken aren't old enough to remember the days of games on cassettes like on the c64. No internet no moaning no patches. Plenty of issues but we played thru them. Gamers these days are spoilt.. Games broken makes me laugh.

Mahjik
14-06-2015, 13:27
Although tire wear is only a portion of the issue, the main problem is the performance of a tire on an incorrect track type ie wets on a dry track for a long period of time. Will this be addressed in the next patch? Forgive me if this is part of the solution you mentioned, I wasn't sure if you just meant actual wear of wets in rain.

That is part of the wear.

SMS have commented they are re-visiting all of the wear. They mentioned they aren't sure exactly what happened with the wear, but suspect a change made in the physics engine to help performance has altered how the wear was calculated. One of the devs has already been working on and testing updates in this space but mentioned it would take some time (it requires a lot of testing and simulation and one of them has already logged 200+ hours of testing on this over the past few weeks). Whether these updates will make the 1.5 patch or not is unknown but what is known, is that SMS are addressing it.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 13:29
I was a spectrum/c64 player. Games then were a lot smaller 64k tops so a let less to go wrong and most didn't get released until ready too. Games then were great, though had internet been available there would be moans and gripes

mcarver2000
14-06-2015, 13:48
You may have been affected by the bug introduced in the 1.4 patch where the tire pressures of tires put on in the pits where the tire pressures are a good 5-7% different that the settings in the pit strategy setup.

I was pretty surprised at the degree of the loss of grip in Formula B earlier. It started raining (lightly), I switched to inters and was initially fine, then suddenly, almost immediately, I couldn't even go in a straight line at 20mph without the car spinning. It struck me as a bit extreme.

HarryHoodlum
14-06-2015, 14:06
Because it still seems like they're not. Only reason I say that is because as soon as I got to a race in my career where there was rain, I couldn't keep up. Could be my setup but I doubt it.

PureMalt77
14-06-2015, 14:08
Had a race yesterday (Career, Invitation, the horrible Escort). Was on slicks as the other AI drivers, when it started raining. They kept going, and I felt I was sliding on ice, without changing tires....

Kimhaag91
14-06-2015, 14:22
Was driving two days ago in the endurance championship at Sakito Circuit, when it started to rain halfthrough the race. some of the gt cars did pit, but none of the lmp1/2 cars did. i did pit for extreme wet (since the weather forecast said thunderstorm) and managed to match the lap times, wich is an improvement from before.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 14:23
Just had a M1 race at zolder. The AI started on slicks and didn't pit when it started to rain 20 laps in. And were as quick as me, when I put on wets, and they didn't loose control or slide like I did when on slicks. It's really starting to piss me off.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 15:19
For me, they pit early based on forecast. Much early but the problem is they run wets on dry track like slicks. No speed loss or handling issues at all. Frustrating

Luke Townsend
14-06-2015, 15:22
Had a race yesterday (Career, Invitation, the horrible Escort). Was on slicks as the other AI drivers, when it started raining. They kept going, and I felt I was sliding on ice, without changing tires....

Patch 1.4 is meant to have slowed them down in the rain when driving on slicks. The patch hasn't changed their pit decisions when it rains though so they stay out - according to posts on this forum that will be addressed in a future patch.

danowat
14-06-2015, 15:32
Still not enough, plus, they are just too unbalanced, they ate far too good at driving cars like the 98T, Ford MkIV or the CTR.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 16:22
Unfortunately not fixed yet. They don't pit and drive on with their magic slicks.

gigirivacattivo
14-06-2015, 16:31
They're just a bit slower, but they don't act like they are on a wet track.

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 16:37
They're just a bit slower, but they don't act like they are on a wet track.

They don't seem slower. I have to lose because of the rain. It starts on 2 to last lap and I have to pit and they dont

DozUK
14-06-2015, 16:41
Not the patch I was looking for

Seems the main fix was something graphical that never bothered me anyway.

I hope that was just something easier to fix and get out rather than a priority thing

HarryHoodlum
14-06-2015, 18:00
Yeah so I keep trying this same race, that I've maybe tried 10 times now. It's not possible. I'm trying to play without assists, but it seems like the AI is either using full assists, or or generally just not subject to the same physics model as my car. Maybe it's too resource heavy to have every car slipping around in the rain? Either way, I'm skipping this race and taking the loss because it's not happening.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 18:04
Here's another quote i pulled from GTP today describing the problem:

Just had my first bit of rain, on Zolder, the 2nd invitational M1 race. Was in 2nd (AI at 90%) lap 3/5, then it starts spitting, and by the beginning of lap 5 I can't control the car anymore. Nobody else pitted, so I didn't either. I crashed out, impossible to drive, everyone over took me.

This time knowing what was going to happen, when it started raining, I went into the pits, I don't think half the rest did as I came back out about 8 places down.

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 19:55
Here's another quote i pulled from GTP today describing the problem:

They claim to have made some changes but it's worse. You have to lose any races with rain if it is a short race. Ai is not affected by rain at all.

mister dog
14-06-2015, 19:56
They claim to have made some changes but it's worse. You have to lose any races with rain if it is a short race. Ai is not affected by rain at all.
It's not worse, it's just the same as it was before 1.4 ;)

DozUK
14-06-2015, 20:35
It's not worse, it's just the same as it was before 1.4 ;)

Exactly this

DozUK
15-06-2015, 08:45
That is part of the wear.

SMS have commented they are re-visiting all of the wear. They mentioned they aren't sure exactly what happened with the wear, but suspect a change made in the physics engine to help performance has altered how the wear was calculated. One of the devs has already been working on and testing updates in this space but mentioned it would take some time (it requires a lot of testing and simulation and one of them has already logged 200+ hours of testing on this over the past few weeks). Whether these updates will make the 1.5 patch or not is unknown but what is known, is that SMS are addressing it.

Thank you, I'm really pleased that it's being looked at however I would be weary of backlash if a further patch was released without a change of weather fix being included. This is a fundamental part of a racing sim if a change of weather feature is included. I would much rather the change of weather mid race be disabled in the game if it's not fixed in 1.5 at least people could continue with their career or any races without being compromised and enjoy the game without any frustration.

EvoM3
15-06-2015, 09:15
I've got a different problem.

8 Lap race at Bathurst with rain expected. Rain starts on Lap 3, some AI pit on lap 4, I pit with them, move to WETS, leave the pits and literally no grip at all, like I'm slicks in the bucketing down rain.. unable to keep driving... end race. Difficulty is on 100% and I can win in dry conditions.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 09:22
I've got a different problem.

8 Lap race at Bathurst with rain expected. Rain starts on Lap 3, some AI pit on lap 4, I pit with them, move to WETS, leave the pits and literally no grip at all, like I'm slicks in the bucketing down rain.. unable to keep driving... end race. Difficulty is on 100% and I can win in dry conditions.

It's the same problem on the face of it, a change of weather mid race makes the race unbalanced and causes frustration and an incorrect outcome. That's why I've asked for the weather changes mid race to be disabled until it's fixed and working correctly. Whilst in, it leaves you frustrated and leaves a bitter taste, without weather changes the games fab. As I've mentioned in previous posts, it's a fundamental flaw that looking at the list of issues is priority one for me.

wusuku
15-06-2015, 09:34
Not for me.
I started Zolder invitational race just before the 1.4 patch.
Same history as everyone here and I was beginning to stop playing there.

I was going to try for the last time (thinking of building a strong lead that allowed me to change tires and leave the pits at a reasonable position) and found out the patch when I got home.

The outcome: every car in my race pitted and I kept same kind of race as before (getting some seconds off the car following)
So for me: AI's behavior now its fixed

(For those of you who have not seen changes in AI. Are you sure the patch is really applied?)

ilmor
15-06-2015, 09:39
This area can still use some improvement but I think its better than before.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 09:45
This area can still use some improvement but I think its better than before.

Not for me it isn't, try a race with a mandatory pit where it rains 8 laps into it. The AI take their mandatory pit between 3 and 5 and keep flying. I did think they changed to wets because of forecast, but now I'm thinking they just stayed on drys and when it rained didn't pit but continued to drive fast. If they DID change to wets, then they drove 5 laps on a dry track without any speed or handling difference.

Either way, a change of weather mid race causes unbalance and breaks the race. No change of weather and it's great.

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 09:47
Not for me it isn't, try a race with a mandatory pit where it rains 8 laps into it. The AI take their mandatory pit between 3 and 5 and keep flying. I did think they changed to wets because of forecast, but now I'm thinking they just stayed on drys and when it rained didn't pit but continued to drive fast. If they DID change to wets, then they drove 5 laps on a dry track without any speed or handling difference.

Either way, a change of weather mid race causes unbalance and breaks the race. No change of weather and it's great.

Sounds like they switched to wets and took advantage of them still wearing too slow in the dry.

jack1984
15-06-2015, 09:52
Of course it is hard to speak for the developers without knowing the code, but I think these are quite challenging issues to tackle. SMS included partly a fix for some these problems in patch 1.4, but it seems not to work.

So isn't a solution to give players an option to control the weather during career mode? My guess is that this is more easy to implement while the main tyre/rain/AI problems are being fixed and tested for the couple of weeks/months. In that way, people can at least continue career mode without being frustrated. :)

DozUK
15-06-2015, 09:53
Sounds like they switched to wets and took advantage of them still wearing too slow in the dry.

They were very fast, fast enough to pass me when I pitted 5 laps later (despite them running 5 laps wets on dry while I set faster laps on slicks). When I came out on wets they increased the gap and cars from behind just took me (Even though I was on newer wets). To be honest they shouldn't have been close to me let alone faster. I love the game the a change of weather in a race just doesn't work.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 09:55
So isn't a solution to give players an option to control the weather during career mode? My guess is that this is more easy to implement while the main tyre/rain/AI problems are being fixed and tested the couple of weeks/months. In that way, people can at least continue career mode without being frustrated. :)

Exactly this, an option to disable mid race weather changes. The game is great if the weather doesn't change, I'm happy to wait for a fix if I can disable this problem and continue with my career. Right now, I've got to put my career on hold which is annoying as this is where I want to spend my time with the game.

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 09:59
They were very fast, fast enough to pass me when I pitted 5 laps later (despite them running 5 laps wets on dry while I set faster laps on slicks). When I came out on wets they increased the gap and cars from behind just took me (Even though I was on newer wets). To be honest they shouldn't have been close to me let alone faster. I love the game the a change of weather in a race just doesn't work.

Why not? Wet tires are very soft and if they wouldn't wear so fast (that's what happens in the game right now) they were competitive with slick tires.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 10:11
Why not? Wet tires are very soft and if they wouldn't wear so fast (that's what happens in the game right now) they were competitive with slick tires.

Fair point, but to use your logic if wets on dry are as fast as slicks. Why doesn't this happen to me when I come out? Surely I should be just as competitive as I was before the change, but this doesn't happen. The cars in front (which shouldn't be in front) increase gap and cars keep overtaking me? They're beyond competitive, they're way too fast.

Basically, I should win this race rather than drop right down and that's the frustration. If the weather didn't change during the race, I would win. That's the problem and that's why an option to disable weather changes in career while it's being tweaked would be in the best interest of the players of the game. The current set up is of no use to anyone (Im not knocking the game, I love it. I'm just giving my thoughts based on what I'm encountering)

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 10:19
Fair point, but to use your logic if wets on dry are as fast as slicks. Why doesn't this happen to me when I come out? Surely I should be just as competitive as I was before the change, but this doesn't happen. The cars in front (which shouldn't be in front) increase gap and cars keep overtaking me? They're not competitive, they're way too fast.

Basically, I should win this race rather than drop right down and that's the frustration. If the weather didn't change during the race, I would win. That's the problem and that's why an option to disable weather changes while it's being tweaked would be in the best interest of the players of the game. The current set up is of no use to anyone.

That's the too good general performance of AI in rain conditions. This will be reduced too in one of the next patches.

Kulch
15-06-2015, 10:24
Looks like I'm going from 1.3 to 1.5, thanks for this. No point loading up the game to marvel at the dynamic weather and career just yet.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 10:24
one of the next patches.

This (above) is the problem, it may not be fixed in the next patch but it's effecting the gameplay in career hugely. Not in a small way, a huge big noticeable way. I'm more than happy for this to be fixed in it's own time, but please disable the weather changing mid races so I can enjoy my career (and the game) without having these problems which clearly unbalance and effect the result. No one wants to run a race they will lose when they know they should win.

Its absolutely fine when the weather doesn't change mid race, lets go with this while the devs tweak it without people on their backs. It won't go away.

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 10:30
This (above) is the problem, it may not be fixed in the next patch but it's effecting the gameplay in career hugely. Not in a small way, a huge big noticeable way. I'm more than happy for this to be fixed in it's own time, but please disable the weather changing mid races so I can enjoy my career (and the game) without having these problems which clearly unbalance and effect the result. No one wants to run a race they will lose when they know they should win.

Its absolutely fine when the weather doesn't change mid race, lets go with this while the devs tweak it without people on their backs. It won't go away.

Adjusting all the handcrafted weather conditions for every rainy session(!) would probably be more work than slowing down the AI in the rain.

DozUK
15-06-2015, 10:30
Looks like I'm going from 1.3 to 1.5, thanks for this. No point loading up the game to marvel at the dynamic weather and career just yet.

Don't expect the fix in 1.5, in another thread it mentioned that it will be fixed in one of the next patches. Mid race weather changes need disabling until the problem is cured.

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 10:34