PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on loading screen

Kitt
13-06-2015, 10:45
Hi,200hrs play and never once had this problem,but since the hot fix yesterday the game just keeps getting stuck on the track loading screen in career and solo races.Tried validating the game files though steam,anyone got any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Disposable_Hero
13-06-2015, 10:48
Maybe try ALT+TAB out of the game?
That error came up sporadically during WMD testing but there was never an official acknowledgement/fix.
Most of the time it would go away after the first start of the game and validating steam cache.

Kitt
13-06-2015, 10:57
Can't even ALT+TAB out,wont do anything,have to turn off the pc.

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 11:28
Turning off your PC is a bit drastic, why don't you just Ctrl+Alt+Delete to the Task Manager.
Another tip for Alt+Tab is to make sure you have a window active on the desktop.

OppaErich
13-06-2015, 11:38
I had this too the first start after the patch. ALT-TAB didn't work but I could ALT-CTRL-DEL to the task manager. Restarted the game immediately and the loading took some time but went through. Maybe it just felt longer because I was focused on loading time. No further problems., well, DoR gets still lost sometimes but that wasn't addressed according to the patch notes. Setup problems in career gone. Good job.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-06-2015, 11:55
I guess you are having the exact same problem as we do: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30898-Patch-1-4-Infinite-track-loading-issue

This started happening since the patch 1.4 :(

Kitt
13-06-2015, 12:15
Thanks for the tips guys,will try them.Wasn't happy about just turning the pc off,although it still logs off and shuts down as normal when I do this,dont how though??

Mturner
13-06-2015, 14:05
This happened to me. I "task manager>end task" on it and reload the game and it worked. For me it happened on the Garage screen trying to load the car render.

N0body Of The Goat
13-06-2015, 14:15
I've been plagued by inifinite track loading screen a lot since patch 1.4, from my experience during WMD development builds, this was solved by creating a new profile i.e removing (albeit I have a backup on Desktop) Steam\userdata\{my Steam ID}\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav file.

Now in retail, this has more consequences, because it will wipe your complete history to date; car setups; various other options etc.

It will also more than likely cause you heavy wheel FFB issues, which I've managed to workaround by following a tip in the 1.4 FFB issue thread, by changing both "soft clipping" FFB calibration values to ~5 (along with reducing Tire Force to ~30).

I started a fresh profile just before bed last night and the infinite loading seems to be far less frequent (if at all). Now I'm back from work, I shall keep a note of any times this happens over the coming hours and report back here before ~2300 BST.

N0body Of The Goat
13-06-2015, 19:22
I've had a few infinite track loading screens this afternoon, but their frequency does not seem as often as they were with my pre-patch 1.4 profile.

Whether it is coincidence, I cannot say, but I changed Windows 8.1 pagefile settings. I went from Windows managed to fixed 8000MB pagefiles on both my Windows partition and my Steam games partition, on my MX100 SSD.

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 19:48
I always use a fixed page file, stops it getting fragged.