PDA

View Full Version : G27 deadzone question

Luftwaffles
13-06-2015, 14:01
I love my new G27. I don't use the FFB because I don't like it. I just like the center spring at about 50%.

My question is, every now and then it feels like the deadzone opens up after relaunching the game from being asleep or whatever. I used wheelchecker to check my deadzone when I first got the G27 hooked up to Pcars (was at .8) and everything feels great and I race and everything is right in the universe. But every once in a while the deadzone feels like it's opening up randomly. if I adjust the deadzone removal from .8 to .10, it seems to fix the "opening up" feeling that I get from having to turn farther to reach spring resistance. Any idea what could cause this?

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 14:52
Each to their own, but why did you get a G27 if you don't like FFB?
It's the FFB that gives you the realistic feel.

madmax2069
13-06-2015, 15:25
Probably should have payed way less and picked up a T80 instead of pumping that much out for a wheel that is supposed to be used with force feedback.

It took me a while to get used to force feedback when I first got a force feedback wheel (upgraded from a generic wheel). I had to force myself to get used to it, now I cant go back to a generic wheel because they dont tell you what your car is doing.

hawkenfox
14-06-2015, 04:01
You are missing nothing buddy, force feedback in project car is pretty shitty compared to other simulation driving games.

Neil Hopwood
14-06-2015, 04:11
You are missing nothing buddy, force feedback in project car is pretty shitty compared to other simulation driving games.

I'll have to entirely disagree with you pCARS FFB feels more like the wheel in a real car than any other sim I've tried.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 11:44
If you have the FFB set up to your taste it has to be the best out there so far.
No canned effects and is derived from the tyres and the rack directly.... great stuff.