PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] How to turn on the high beams?

marazulinho
13-06-2015, 14:09
Hello

Someone know how to turn on the high beams?

I know how to turn on the headlights but is only low beams. I was driving under a very heavy rain, very dark and the low beams was not enough. Some AI cars behind me was flashing theirs high beams, but i tried to do the same and i couldn't.

Please help me:cool:

Tks

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 14:13
All they are doing is flashing their lights on and off, the lights are the lights and how they would be in the cars

I have my lights set on the A button so I can quickly turn them on and off when approaching slower cars

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 14:21
Hello

Someone know how to turn on the high beams?

I know how to turn on the headlights but is only low beams. I was driving under a very heavy rain, very dark and the low beams was not enough. Some AI cars behind me was flashing theirs high beams, but i tried to do the same and i couldn't.

Please help me:cool:

Tks

There are no high beams.
And AI don't have lights in the rain yet, unless I missed something.... can you show us a short video of this, or even a screenshot.

Luke Townsend
13-06-2015, 14:41
AI have lights in the dark. Don't think they ever flash though? But it could have been they were close behind and undulations in the road were making their lights go off and on through the rear window into the cabin? They are way bright inside your car sometimes!

Robhd
13-06-2015, 14:43
High beam would be a great add on.. Especially at LM... Ta!

marazulinho
13-06-2015, 15:36
AI have lights in the dark. Don't think they ever flash though? But it could have been they were close behind and undulations in the road were making their lights go off and on through the rear window into the cabin? They are way bright inside your car sometimes!

I think you are right, maybe was undulation in the road and they were not flashing. Tks

marazulinho
13-06-2015, 15:38
High beam would be a great add on.. Especially at LM... Ta!

Definitely, would be awesome to ride at night.:cool:

mister dog
13-06-2015, 15:40
+1 for AI running with their lights on and adding high beams if possible.

danpinho
13-06-2015, 17:57
High beam is useless! Just give a try at lemans 2AM with heavy fog and you will see it for yourself. In the other hand, flashing lights would be very usefull during multi class races.

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 17:59
High beam is useless! Just give a try at lemans 2AM with heavy fog and you will see it for yourself. In the other hand, flashing lights would be very usefull during multi class races.

Its already there ... its called pressing the button really quick :)

Fanapryde
28-07-2015, 20:44
No, it is not useless.
Just finished 25hrs Green Hell with McLaren F1.
The normal head lights just don't cut it.
Being able to use high beam (I don't care for flashing) would be a huge improvement.
And I do now (who does not) that high beam is useless in the fog...

LordDRIFT
28-07-2015, 21:24
High beams would be great for night driving. they do more harm than good for bad weather and fog.

Fanapryde
28-07-2015, 21:30
High beams would be great for night driving. they do more harm than good for bad weather and fog.Sure, but like in real life we should be able to turn them on or off.

Fight-Test
28-07-2015, 21:34
do they even have high beams in real life? Do they allow cars to use high beams in races? If so what are the rules when approaching other cars?

Fanapryde
28-07-2015, 22:08
do they even have high beams in real life? Do they allow cars to use high beams in races? If so what are the rules when approaching other cars?
I did the 25hrs in a McLaren F1 road car which clearly has high beam, but they can't be used.
Looking at videos of endurance races they use them too.
Don't know about the rules.

LordDRIFT
28-07-2015, 22:29
Sure, but like in real life we should be able to turn them on or off.

Errr.. I didn't say the opposite. Pretty sure my post eludes to that.

nhitrac
28-07-2015, 22:34
Would be great if one day the AI feels extra 'pressure' when you run with your lights on aka "im right behind you and i'll eat your ass if you dont get out of my way!"

On that note, I wonder if there are any FIA rules around running with lights on for no other purpose then to intimidate?

F1_Racer68
29-07-2015, 02:52
Its already there ... its called pressing the button really quick :)

Just don't lose your rhythm, or count and end up stopping with the lights in the OFF position.... has happened to me more than once... usually just as I am pulling out to pass.

A "flasher" button would be a great addition, but like many "nice to have" things, far from a priority.

Grijo
29-07-2015, 03:02
No, it is not useless.
Just finished 25hrs Green Hell with McLaren F1.
The normal head lights just don't cut it.
Being able to use high beam (I don't care for flashing) would be a huge improvement.
And I do now (who does not) that high beam is useless in the fog...

Same here bro, it,s a real Green Hell without high beans. I also did this race with McLaren F1. +1 for high beans.

Cholton82
29-07-2015, 06:56
And Laser lights for the E Tron Lmp1 !

TrevorAustin
29-07-2015, 07:05
The lights are high beams already. Way too much light for dipped.

Fanapryde
29-07-2015, 07:12
Errr.. I didn't say the opposite. Pretty sure my post eludes to that.
Yes , got you.
Just wanted to point out that we would need the possibility to turn them off or on, depending the need. ;)
As you pointed out, bad weather and fog are no friends of high beam.

Fanapryde
29-07-2015, 07:18
The lights are high beams already. Way too much light for dipped.
No, they are not...
And even if they were, they are not correctly adjusted and dont have enough reach.
Just look how close you are to a bridge before it gets lit...yes...way too close...
On the other hand, The way AI lights up your cockpit (and for how long) suggests that they are equipped with high beam.
Surely something wrong here...

In the case of the McLaren: 4 lights and only two working.
Would you say the car has only high beam and no normal lights ?

Even GT series had this right...

LordDRIFT
29-07-2015, 13:46
We should have full control over all lights. Sometimes I just want the park lights to illuminate the instrument panel.