PDA

View Full Version : T100 FFB Post Patch 1.4

Helmethead1031
13-06-2015, 14:29
The stiffness of the wheel has tripled post patch and I don't care for it. What I'm wondering is how to lighten the wheel without softening the FFB effects ie tire feel, rumble, etc. I'm using Jack Spades settings and had grown to really like them pre patch.....now everything feels "off" at the moment. The tension in the wheel is too strong imo. I'm a noob when it comes to FFB so it's possible post patch feeling in wheel is correct. Just curious of others thought.

C6ckneyGeezer
13-06-2015, 14:38
Tbh the T100 feels miles better post patch. If things feel to heavy lower master scale and sop scale but keep them the same, as instructed by jack himself. Goodluck!

Helmethead1031
13-06-2015, 14:55
I will continue to tweak the settings. Thanks for your response

C6ckneyGeezer
13-06-2015, 15:07
Tbh ive been playing around since the patch and default settings are pretty good on most cars except FWD cars. When I switch the Jack Spades classic setups FWD cars improve and RWD cars feel horrible.

I think the whole FFB setup needs tweaking by the devs still on a car by car basis. Some cars give great feel yet some feel like you are driving on a cloud.

Hope the devs sort things out over time.

Helmethead1031
13-06-2015, 15:15
How stiff should the wheel feel? Maybe I'm just not understanding how the FFB should feel. I've read some say your arms should be tired after playing but that goes against logic in my mind. Shouldn't it feel like a car with power steering not a car without?

Jack Spade
13-06-2015, 15:32
How stiff should the wheel feel? Maybe I'm just not understanding how the FFB should feel. I've read some say your arms should be tired after playing but that goes against logic in my mind. Shouldn't it feel like a car with power steering not a car without?

Do not edit the files just lower Tire Force till it feels okay to you, even if set at a low value.

Helmethead1031
13-06-2015, 16:06
Do not edit the files just lower Tire Force till it feels okay to you, even if set at a low value.

Thanks Jack. Will lowering tire force lessen the feel of curbs, tire slip, etc or does it just adjust the "strength of grip" in the wheel?

Jack Spade
13-06-2015, 16:15
Thanks Jack. Will lowering tire force lessen the feel of curbs, tire slip, etc or does it just adjust the "strength of grip" in the wheel?

It wonīt chance the balance itself just reduces the overall FFB force till your wheel can handle it due to itīs type of construction.

Helmethead1031
13-06-2015, 16:36
I sincerely appreciate your response

C6ckneyGeezer
13-06-2015, 17:44
Any recomendation for t100 specific settings Jack?

Like I said ive tried all your different setups and some Cars feel great, others feel horrible.

Could this be due to my ffb or tireforce being too high?

Cheers.

siemens123
13-06-2015, 20:34
I use Jack's 66% setup on my T100. i use the Tire FFB to 105 and it's ok. i play with wheel centering ON (blinking light). cars handling seems the same before patch. yes it's true after 10-12 races of 5-8 laps each my hands start to get tired a lil bit , but still , there are 10-12 races ... there's always the option to put centering off (continuous light) ,but in tight corners cars tend to loose it (especially if u accelerate full after corner) , so i find it better with centering on. i'll lower the Tire FFB to 90 and see if there's a difference.

Pirategenius
13-06-2015, 20:41
[QUOTE=C6ckneyGeezer;988693]Any recomendation for t100 specific settings Jack?

Like I said ive tried all your different setups and some Cars feel great, others feel horrible.

Could this be due to my ffb or tireforce being too high?

I'm using jacks bumps plus settings and they are great on the T100. You can feel everything that's going on with all 4 wheels of the car.