PDA

View Full Version : Positions when racing

Cialfi
13-06-2015, 14:55
Will there be a little table where you can see the positions of the drivers in the race? In AC I'm missing this, too. I asked myself if it has to do with the API that no new sim offers these things. In AC there are third party apps, I know, but none of them is running at 100% and without compromises. Just wonder why these little things get missed out in modern things while iracing and even rfactor 1 had these from day one.

Umer Ahmad
13-06-2015, 15:16
If you press Esc you get the table correct?

You the table live while driving? How do expect to look at the table while driving?

More details please what you are asking for:

How big shoukd the table be?
Where is the table placed on the screen?

Cialfi
13-06-2015, 16:00
on the right bottom corner

apexatspeed
13-06-2015, 18:25
This would be great. It should also tell us when AI are putting. In real life you can ask your engineers for info like that, but can't in the game. This is the only racing game/stimulator I've seen that doesn't show other positions.

Cialfi
14-06-2015, 23:50
AC doesnt show it, too. Would be nice if one of the devs could make clear if its possible in the future :)

apexatspeed
15-06-2015, 00:14
AC doesnt show it, too. Would be nice if one of the devs could make clear if its possible in the future :)

I've never played that since I don't own a PC for gaming. They should have a list too.

danpinho
15-06-2015, 03:45
Well, I love to play a SIM as a SIM, my HUDs are off all the time.
The best way to see your oppon.pos. is your mirror view, if you can see him, it meas that you just not pushing it hard enough!

apexatspeed
15-06-2015, 05:53
Well, I love to play a SIM as a SIM, my HUDs are off all the time.
The best way to see your oppon.pos. is your mirror view, if you can see him, it meas that you just not pushing it hard enough!

Sure, but you can't simulate communication with the race engineers who could actually tell you what is going on with other drivers.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 16:34
SO project cars shows you +1/-1 opponent...you are asking to simply change this to +2/-2 opponents like the picture above?

Cialfi
15-06-2015, 17:13
Qeah, in rF1 you can scroll through the field. In Race its for example important to know when you go into pits in P1 and are not sure if the positions 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. will pass you.
In Quali it would be just nice to see what time you have to reach for p1 for example. Like it is now you are on a 5 lap run to get the tires to work but dont know the times of the others. Plus the time difference to the Polesetter in every sector would be nice. It not has to be live. Itīs enough if it actualizes every sector.
I saw that even the Plugins donīt show these infoīs, what makes me think that pCars doesnīt put out these informations for now.

I didnīt start this thread to discuss the sense of it. People who donīt want these infoīs can shut down HUD like they did before. Would be just nice for the others and Iīm sure I am not the only one who wants this infos.