PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Tire Choice - How do I know what was chosen?

bhilkey
13-06-2015, 17:03
As the title indicates... If I am selecting Automatic tire selection based on weather.... How do I find out which tires were chosen? I am currently in LMP 1 career championship and my car has many tire choices. Is there something on the telemetry screen I am missing? Also, do any of the indicators on the telemetry screen show tire wear... Or is it just temperature? Is tire wear only known based on feel? I'm on PS4. Thanks for any help!

Sp4mD4gger
13-06-2015, 17:10
You have to trust that the correct tyres have been chosen for you, but you can always override.
Tyre wear is felt through the cars performance. I am not aware that the pits might tell you to change tyres, maybe someone else knows this.

BDR Daz
13-06-2015, 17:13
I always override it and use whatever tyre I want, although it took a little trial and error to work out which tyres are the best for the situation I am in etc

the Automatic selection is pretty spot on most the time though

bhilkey
13-06-2015, 17:41
I always override it and use whatever tyre I want, although it took a little trial and error to work out which tyres are the best for the situation I am in etc

the Automatic selection is pretty spot on most the time though

I usually override as well, and I agree that the Auto select is pretty spot on... just really want to be able to know what was selected.